Chapter 7

Dr. Lee Hyukjae and the Annoying Patient

 

                Donghae felt his cheeks warm and a smile spread on his lips as his fingers gently touched his lips still feeling them tingle even after Hyukjae had pulled away.

                Hyukjae smiled he loved making Donghae react like that “How about instead of eating at a diner we head to my apartment and eat pizza and watch some movies?”

                Without wanting to Donghae’s cheeks blazed even more red than they were before causing Hyukjae to chuckle “Don’t worry I won’t do anything to you. Well unless you want me to that is.”

                Hyukjae quickly walked away after uttering those words he felt his cheeks flush with slight embarrassment for the words he just spoke to Donghae. He took a peek at Donghae finding him with wide eyes. “I’m just joking Hae I won’t do anything to you I promise.”

                Immediately after hearing the nickname that Hyukjae gave him made him smile give him a shy nod he said “Ok Hyukkie I trust you.”

Hyukjae smiled so wide his gums where on full display before pulling Donghae for another kiss.

                Once Hyukjae opened his house door he winced he had forgotten to tidy up a bit but hey who could blame him when he barely had time to do it this week and it didn’t help that when he did have time he spend it thinking about Donghae, not that he needed to let Donghae know about that.

                “Sorry it’s a bit messy I have been busy at the hospital all week.”

 

Donghae gave him an understanding smile “Its fine Hyukkie, I know being a doctor can be time consuming.”

                                                                                                                            -

After they ate Hyukjae suggested they watch a movie, Donghae eagerly agreed, anything to be able to spend even more time with Hyukjae that day.

Hyukjae was paying more attention to how nice it felt to have his arm around Donghae and how relaxed Donghae got when Hyukjae played with his hair than the movie playing on his tv. So he was surprised when he suddenly felt Donghae tense up under his touch.

“Hae?”

At receiving no answer from him, Hyukjae pulled away far enough to see Donghae’s face to only be greeted by Donghae’s grief and fearful stricken face. Panic surged through Hyukjae’s vein worried that Donghae had somehow gotten hurt without him knowing.

“Hey what’s wrong? Donghae?”

But to Hyukjae’s frustration Donghae stayed quiet. Noticing that Donghae had yet to take his eyes of the TV he glanced at it, a frown graced his features the TV was displaying a hospital scene. Hyukjae suddenly remembered the day he made Donghae run out of his office crying, he remembered how he found him crying by himself only to throw himself at Zhou Mi as soon as he saw him. He could still hear Donghae’s voice so full with fear and desperation.

Zhou Mi please get me out of here!”

Hyukjae hesitated before deciding to ask “Donghae are you scared of hospitals?”

The only response he got was a whimper and Donghae burying his head in his chest and curling himself into Hyukjae.

Hyukjae just sighed as he once again began to thread his fingers through Donghae’s brown locks instantly causing Donghae to relax just a little further into Hyukjae’s embrace. He turned off the TV before speaking again.

“You wanna talk about it?”

Almost five minutes had passed since Hyukjae had asked Donghae that and he had yet to receive an answer. He assumed Donghae had fallen asleep, closing his eyes Hyukjae frowned this was not the ending he had expected from their date when he picked Donghae up this morning. He was mildly startled when Donghae’s voice broke to the peaceful silence.

“My parents die when I was 9.”

Hyukjae just tighten his arms around Donghae silently telling him to continue only if he wanted too.

“We got into a car crash on our way home from the store, when they told me, I just didn’t… I couldn’t believe it… So I ran as fast and as far away from there as I could, only to end up lost in the hospital. Only did about an hour later did Zhou Mi find me crying my eyes out on the hospital floor. Ever since then I hate going anywhere near a hospital”

A knot formed itself on Hyukjae’s throat as he realized that he practically made Donghae relive that experience and that Donghae was forcing himself to go to a place he dread just to be shot down by him. “Hae I’m sorry.”

Now Donghae was the surprised one “For what Hyukkie?”

“For making you cry the other day, I didn’t mean what I said I just… you where confusing me so much, never had I felt attracted to a guy before and then you come in unannounced and I kinda freaked out.”

Donghae giggled “You already apologized for that silly.”

Hyukjae just smiled at Donghae feeling the heavy atmosphere disappear, Hyukjae decided that too much time had passed since the last time he teased Donghae, “I just have one question.”

“What is it?”

Hyukjae grabbed Donghae’s chin making him look up at him, oh how Hyukjae loved that he was able to make Donghae blush by just a simple touch or look. “How exactly are you going to survive being a doctor’s boyfriend then?”

Despite the blush that colored his cheeks, Donghae answered “Well it’s a good thing that I have you by my side then.”

A huge smile adorned Hyukjae face as once again brought his lips against Donghae’s.

                                                                                                                              -

As much as they both didn’t want to their date had to come to an end. Hyukjae and Donghae slowly walked up the path to Donghae’s house.

“Thanks for taking me out Hyukkie.”

Hyukjae gave him one last smile for the night “And thank you for accompanying me even though the date might not have turned out as perfect as you might have wanted….”

Donghae playfully nudged him “Well I don’t know about you but to me this was one of the best dates I ever had.”

Before hyukjae could even formulate an answer Donghae quickly pecked him on the lips.

“See you later Hyukkie.”

And with that Hyukjae was left alone in front of Donghae’s house smiling like an idiot while touching his lips.

                                                                                                                           -

As soon as Donghae kissed Hyukjae he ran inside to embarrassed to see the face Hyukjae had at what Donghae did.

But as soon as he closed the door behind him Henry jumped on his back “Donghae! You’re finally home.”

At this Donghae might have let out a shriek that if question he will deny “Henry don’t do that!”

Henry just giggled “Sorry but now that you are home you have to tell me how the date went.”

“Not now Henry. Where is Zhou Mi?”

Henry pouted “He is went to buy something to eat.”

Donghae tilted his head “You guys haven’t had dinner yet?”

Henry felt his face heat up, he didn’t want to tell Donghae what exactly they had been doing that caused them to miss dinner so he ignored Donghae’s question and decided to ask his own “Did he kiss you?”

Now it’s was Donghae’s face who was red and that all the answer Henry needed.

“Oh my god he did!”


 

 

***Once last update before I start working hopefully I'll still have time to write my stories and seriously I have no idea how I'm going to end this or where I'm headed with it anymore OTL

But I hope the update is not a disappointment and I hope its long enough ^.^

omg you guys they started construction in my house to make it a two story, they woke me up at 6:50 with thie hammering I thought the house was falling or something lol I got scared***