Chapter 2

Dr. Lee Hyukjae and the Annoying Patient

With a heavy sigh Hyukjae plopped down on his couch, all the energy he had draining the instant his back touch the cushions. He groaned as he remembered how paranoid he was when he was walking to his car that at any moment Donghae and that tall red head friend of his where going to pop out at any moment and stop him from going home. 

With a grunt he got up to make himself a quick dinner since now he realized he was starving. After he ate a quick cup of ramen, he was to tired to actually cook he stood in the middle of his bedroom debating if he should take a shower now or early in the morning. The thought of waking up earlier than normal didn't appeal to Hyukjae plus he would feel dirty all night. With a sigh of fatigue he headed to the bathroom.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Donghae? Donghae? Are you even listening?" 

Zhou Mi patted Henry's back "Just give up Henry he has been like that since we got back from the hospital last week." 

Henry's face scrunched up "Wait so that's where you guys have been disappearing to everyday after work!?"

"Where do you think we where going?"

Henry's face flushed red in embarrassment "No where."

With a small smile Zhou Mi caressed Henry's blazing cheek "Then why are you blushing? Come on where you think we where going?"

Hiding his face behind his hands Henry answered "I thought you and Donghae where you know... I thought you where cheating on me with him."

"Yah! Henry how can you think that!? You know Donghae is like a brother to me!"

Henry pouted "Don't yell at me! I know but what was I suppose to think when you to disappear almost all after noon." 

Zhou Mi laughed pulling a pouting mochi towards him wrapping his arms around his waist "Is that Donghae is in love."

Hearing this Donghae snapped out of his day dream "Zhou Mi! Don't say such things! I am not!"

"Then why do you keep dragging me to the hospital everyday?" Zhou Mi said letting Henry step out of his embrace.

Donghae blushed "B-be-because you know I'm scared of hospitals." 

With an amused smile Zhou Mi shook his head "Then stop going."

"Zhou Mi!" Donghae cover his face so they wouldn't see it become redder.

"What?"

Donghae felt his blush intensify "Fine I like him. Not like it matters he won't even come out to say hi to me." 

Suddenly Donghae felt very hurt at saying that like it was finally sinking in, all those times Doctor Hyukjae refused to see him hurt more than he thought they would.

Seeing the sadness come over Donghae's face, Zhou Mi felt bad for teasing his and brought him in a comforting hug. "Hey don't worry Hae he is just blind to see what a great guy you are, he has only seen you once right. Give him sometime, so stop going to the hospital for now ok?"

Donghae pouted he didn't like the idea of stopping his visits no matter how much he hated the hospitals. 

"Please Donghae I haven't been able to go out with Zhou Mi in like years, please?"

Seeing Henry with his cheeks puffed out making them look extra pinch-able Donghae smiled "Fine you win I won't visit him in the hospital and you can have your boyfriend back."

Henry squealed at finally having sometime with Zhou Mi and gave a quick hug to Donghae before pulling Zhou Mi out the room with him.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next day Donghae was outside the hospital, hey he never said anything about not visiting him outside the hospital, plus he didn't have the strength to wait for Hyukjae inside, well not without Zhou Mi at his side, no matter how could it was outside. After Donghae had waited for what was more likely an hour he saw a familiar blonde coming out the door, a smile broke out into Donghae's almost frozen face.

Hyukjae saw the too familiar brunette outside most likely waiting for him, he quickly hid behind the wall hoping that he hadn't been seen. But luck didn't seem to be on his side that day, as he peered around he saw the brunette looking at the wall with a confused expression maybe wondering why Hyukjae had practicably dove into.

With a frustrated sigh Hyukjae tried to keep the annoyance he felt from showing on his face as he stepped out planning to just walk by the smiling brunette. No such luck.

"Hyukjae?"

Hearing his name he froze putting on a forced smile as he turned around "Yes?"

He looked a little disappointed "Um... I just wanted to say thank you..."

"For what? 

This time he looked down "For you know what you did that day."

Hyukjae thought that this was going to be his only chance to actually tell Donghae that he wasn't interested in seeing him at all. So he took a deep breath "No need to thank me I was just doing my job."

As every word that left Hyukjae's mouth, Donghae looked even more and more upset. Tgis time he didn't even want to meet Hyukjae's eyes "Well at least let me treat you a cup of coffee."

Hyukjae was at his boiling point he was tired, hungry and all he wanted to do was go home, so without thinking he opened his mouth "Sorry but I have a date to get to." 

Without looking back he walked away to his car pretending to not hear the sniffles that came behind him.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Donghae just stood there his eyes filling up with tears he refused to shed, the rejection had hurted more than he had thought it would. With shaking hands that had nothing to do with the cold he pulled out his cell phone and call Zhou Mi.

After a couple of rings he finally picked up "Hey Mimi do you think you can pick me up?"

"Sure but you ok?"

Donghae cleared his throat "Yeah I'm fine just a little cold."

"Where are you?"

Donghae mentally groaned "Outside the hospital." 

He heard Zhou Mi sigh "Donghae..."

"Please just come get me."
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was now almost midnight yet Hyukjae couldn't go to sleep, he kept thinking about the sniffles he heard. He huffed into his pillow 'You are over thinking again Hyukjae he was probably out in the cold to long and his nose started to run... or you completely broke his heart and for all you knew he is crying his heart out right now.'

At times like these Hyukjae wished he knew how to stop thinking 'Stop freaking out Hyuk! Why do you even care that he might be crying, you should be happy that maybe after that rejection he might stop coming to the hospital.' 

What Hyukjae couldn't explain was the way his heart clenched at the thought of Donghae not coming to visit him anymore. He shook his head as he rubbed his chest in an attempt at getting his heart to relax as his eyes finally closed in pure exhaustion.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Will you now tell us what happened Hae?"

Donghae finally looked up at Zhou Mi and Henry with red eyes "Nothing  really."

Henry shook his head "Do you think we would believe that lie. No what where you doing in the hospital?" At receiving no answer he turned to look at Zhou Mi for help. 

"Don't make me call Leeteuk this late."

At hearing his hyung's name Donghae quickly shakes his head, he doesn't want to bother him when he knows Leeteuk need all the rest he can get. "I just wanted to meet him..."

Zhou Mi lets out a sigh "Donghae... You should have waited until I was with you. What if something bad happened."

Donghae's nose scrunched up in annoyance "You being there would have made it more awkward than it was, plus I can take care of myself just fine."

"Right unless it involves hospitals."

Donghae dropped his head into his hands "Zhou Mi!" It came out muffled.

"Fine we will talk about this tomorrow no t bed."

Donghae smiled at Zhou Mi's tone "Yes mom."

"Donghae!"

 

 

***Sorry for the long wait OTL been busy but here is the next chapter hope you like it.

Comment please ^^***