Three

Still You [EDITING]

            Tiffany stirs in her sleep when a little ray of the sun hits her eye; she squints and whines as she buries her face even more to the person sleeping beside her. A smile forms in her lips as a familiar smell invaded her nose; Taeyeon. Taeyeon smelled like this and Tiffany loved it when she knew that Taeyeon was near her. That was before things went crazy between the two of them.

            And so she suddenly sits right up with wide eyes when she saw Taeyeon on the bed, with her, cuddling her. She alternates looking at the woman, then to her clothes, as if checking if she had any clothing on, thankfully, she’s dressed. She exhales a little but her attention goes back to the other person on the bed when someone suddenly spoke,

            “Just five more minutes, Fany.”

            Tiffany bites her lip to suppress her laughter, snorting instead. Taeyeon had always been cute but the woman does not believe that she is. Sometimes, she acts cute unconsciously in front of other people and Tiffany hates it when that happens. Taeyeon is hers, was hers.

            Tiffany’s mood drops at the realization. Right, Taeyeon is not hers, at least not anymore, and neither is she to Taeyeon. She sighs again as she steps out of the bed, puffing her cheeks to distract her from her thoughts but her efforts were proven futile because puffing her cheeks reminds her even more of Taeyeon.

            What happened to us, Tae?

            She believes that it wasn’t that they fell out of love because Tiffany knows that she is still very much in love with Taeyeon, she just wasn’t sure if Taeyeon still felt the same.

            Taeyeon always kept things to herself. She’s never the expressive type of lover, in fact, she rarely tell anything to Tiffany but the woman understood, and she waited, but she got tired of waiting. She wanted to know who Taeyeon was, who the people were that surrounded her when she was growing up and what her dreams and aspirations were. Tiffany wanted to know a different side of Taeyeon but the older woman was a closed book, even to her wife. Tiffany knew that Taeyeon had some major trust issues but she wished that she could open up to her because she’s different from the people who’ve hurt her. She stayed through everything, she stayed even after witnessing major flaws on Taeyeon, she stayed because she loves her.

            But Tiffany wasn’t sure if Taeyeon loved her too, or she just loved the fact that she had someone to watch over her.

            After doing her morning rituals, Tiffany steps out of the bathroom and sees Taeyeon sitting at the corner of the bed, as if in deep thought. The latter turns her head in Tiffany’s direction when she felt a familiar connection in the room,

            “Good morning, Tae.” Tiffany greets, accompanied by a gentle smile.

            Taeyeon smiles back at her. This was probably the first morning she smiled genuinely ever since Tiffany stepped out of their apartment.

            “Did you sleep well?” Tiffany asks, sandwiching Taeyeon’s face between her hands. Undeniably, she missed those chubby cheeks. She just loved pinching them if she had the chance and Taeyeon didn’t seem to mind.

            “I did, thank you for the cuddles.” Taeyeon answers, staring at Tiffany’s gorgeous eyes, as if registering them in her brain so she could imagine those lovely eyes every night. She loved staring at Tiffany’s eyes, they were very cute and it helps calm Taeyeon down whenever she’s stressed.

            “What does my baby want for breakfast? Oh wait, you have no choice, I only have cereal and milk, sorry, Tae but if you want we could just eat outside. Maybe the paparazzi would spend time following us; this could be good publicity for us.” Tiffany suggests. Hoping that she didn’t get Taeyeon’s hopes up when she called her ‘baby’.

            We all know how hard it is to stop habits.

            Taeyeon pouts when Tiffany mentions the paparazzi,

            Ah, right. Of course. Stop getting your hopes up Taeyeon. It’s not going to happen.

            “Can we just stay here for the day? I’m really tired and my back hurts.” Taeyeon answers as she plops down on the bed again. It’s true though, she cuddled Tiffany the whole night she almost didn’t move from her position.

            Tiffany giggles then nods her head, “okay, then. Just sleep or something, I’m going to make a call.” She smiles one last time then goes out of the room so she could make the call. Taeyeon puffs her cheeks then closes her eyes, hoping she could get a few hours of sleep in a comfortable position but her eyes immediately shoots up when she hears Tiffany scream.

            “Tiffany?” She dashes out of the bed and races towards the woman only to be disappointed at what she saw,

            There, by the main door, was Tiffany being kissed by her new boyfriend.

            Taeyeon swore that she could hear her own heart breaking at the sight but it was all on her. She should’ve foreseen it, it was all over the news. What made her think that Tiffany was just staging everything? Nevertheless, she stared at them without any feelings at all, she went blank and emotionless, and the only sounds she could hear was her own heart racing in rage.

            But who was she to feel rage? She’s just Tiffany’s soon-to-be-ex-wife.

            Tiffany widens her eyes when she suddenly remembers that Taeyeon was in her apartment too, and her eyes widened even more when she saw Taeyeon standing there, witnessing what looks like a make-out session between her and her boyfriend. She pushes the guy away and quickly faces Taeyeon, her face red in embarrassment.

            “T-Tae!” she squeaks, her voice raising a little higher than normal.

            Taeyeon remained frozen, just blinking her eyes at the girl. She couldn’t believe that she just saw them upclose. She snaps out of her thought and looks down to hide her embarrassment too.

          “S-sorry, I thought something was up because you screamed so I went here to check… if... you were…okay.” Taeyeon bites her lip and looks up at Tiffany, “I’m going to go now. I’ll just get my things upstair—“

            “You slept here!?” Suddenly, all the attention was on the other guy as he bursts at the fact that Taeyeon slept with his girlfriend.

            Taeyeon just stares at him, incredulously, “yeah? I mean, technically, I’m still her wife so there’s nothing wrong with that?” she retorts, not backing down and definitely not threatened by this model person.

            “Excuse me? But you’re Tiffany’s EX-wife.”

            The older woman chuckles at the statement, “yeah but divorce papers have not arrived so, are you not ashamed that you’re talking to me like that? If we look at it, you’re like… the other guy in this relationship. You’re not supposed to be here… in my wife’s apartment.” She turns to the guy and gives her a sly smile, “you’re ruining marriages. You’re the other guy here.”

            The guy frowns and clenches his fists, ready to punch Taeyeon any moment not. It doesn’t matter if she was smaller; he just wanted to punch her so bad because he is threatened by how she looks.    

            Taeyeon was gorgeous! Anybody would be threatened.

            “Hey! Both of you stop!” Tiffany points her fingers at the two bickering souls as she glares at them. The guy, as if he was a lost puppy, immediately unclenches his fists, Taeyeon on the other hand chuckles, which makes him even madder.

            “Your glares don’t work on me, Fany, sorry.”

            Tiffany rolls her eyes but laughs anyway. Of course, after years of being together, Taeyeon was never threatened by her glares.

            “Just stay for breakfast?” she asks the older woman, showing her her very own puppy eyes, her boyfriends stands there, wide eyed, feeling completely left out. He wasn’t supposed to be there in the first place.

            Taeyeon raises an eyebrow but shrugs anyway. She turns on her heel and goes back upstairs so she could wear her slippers. On her way, she hears Tiffany and her boyfriend get into an argument about her, but she ignores them because in the first place, she had the right to stay since she’s still married to Tiffany.

            She arrives inside the room and she sighs as she plops herself on the bed again. Her head is aching, her body is in so much pain, and most importantly, her heart is breaking. She knows that she can’t be jealous because she is fully aware that once the divorce papers arrive, her relationship with Tiffany will forever change, for the worse, at least for her.

            “Tae, are you okay?” Tiffany, suddenly from out of nowhere, enters the room with a concerned look. Taeyeon stares at her and she remains expressionless.

            “Tae?” the younger woman sits on the space beside Taeyeon and puts her hand on the woman’s forehead to check her temperature, “I think you’re going to be sick.”

            “I’m fine, really, Fany.” Taeyeon answers back, forming a small smile as she closes her eyes. Her smile doesn’t falter as she feels Tiffany’s hand cupping her face,

            “Just rest. I’ll cook something for you, okay?”

            Taeyeon just hums in response. She feels Tiffany putting the blanket on her and she frowns because the girl will leave her side again but who was she to stop her anyway? She turns her head so her face gets buried on the pillows and she drifts off to sleep.

            When Tiffany was sure that Taeyeon finally got some shut eye, she smiles and runs her fingers into the woman’s hair, “sleep well, Taetae.” she lands a chaste kiss on the girl’s head then blushes afterwards after realizing what she has done.

 

 

 

 

“Bunny, where are you?”

“Where I’m supposed to be dumb-, where are you?”

            Taeyeon chuckles, “in the car, anyway, we’ll go out now.”

“Okay. My team is ready. Just act in a believable manner, okay?”

“Got it.”

            And with that, Taeyeon ends the call. She turns to Tiffany who was putting make up on and Taeyeon stares at her with raised eyebrow,

            “Okay what the hell are you doing?”

           “I’m putting on make-up? I need to look pretty in those pictures, okay?” Tiffany answers as she rolls her eyes. She puts all her make up inside her bag and grins as she appreciates herself. Taeyeon chuckles when her soon-to-be ex wife winks at her and she sighs when Tiffany finally puts her make up kit in her bag.

            “Okay now I’m satisfied, you ready, Tae?” Tiffany asks, tilting her head as she smiles at Taeyeon,

            “Ready when you are.”

            Tiffany nods her head then proceeds to exit the car. She puts on a cap, so that their act would be more believable. Once the pictures get published, it would look like as if Tiffany or Taeyeon didn’t want to be recognized while out on a romantic date at Han River. Everybody does it to cover more scandalous things so why not?

            “It’s been a while since we went out for a walk together, don’t you think?” Taeyeon suddenly opens as they continue walking hand in hand. She smiles then sighs at the thought that maybe if she asked Tiffany for dates like this, they would still be together and nobody would’ve fallen out of love.

            Tiffany hums in response. She stops walking then closes her eyes as she intertwines her fingers with Taeyeon, “I missed this, us, strolling as if there are no paparazzi following us and taking our supposed to be private date pictures.”

            Taeyeon giggles as she stares up in the sky. This feels like their first date all over again, and she couldn’t ask for more. She turns her head to Tiffany and smiles as she sees her closing her eyes while clinging onto Taeyeon’s arms,

            “Don’t you miss it, Tae?”

            “Sometimes, I do.” Taeyeon answers, looking down on their intertwined hands,

            But then I see your photos with him. You look happier.

            Tiffany purses her lips at the simple response, thinking that maybe Taeyeon doesn’t miss her at all. The girl was quite popular with the ladies anyway so Tiffany’s probably not her that much valued. Taeyeon could replace her any moment she liked.

            And so they continued to walk down the path, with different thoughts in mind, and both can’t help but feel sad at how ugly their situation is. Taeyeon never thought that she’d have to fake a date with Tiffany just so she could save her relationship with her boyfriend and Tiffany didn’t expect that she’d have to one day leave Taeyeon for a guy.

            But it happened.

            “So how’s your boyfriend? I didn’t see him around your apartment when I woke up.”

            “Oh, we kind of got into a fight.” Tiffany trails, her voice wavering.

            Taeyeon bites her lip at the response, “is it because of me?”

            The younger woman smiles and squeezes her hand, “can we not talk about him? We’re out on a date, Tae.” She grins as she pulls Taeyeon closer to her and she snuggles to the woman’s arm, inhaling the scent she missed most.

            “Put your arms around me, Tae.”

            Taeyeon widens her eyes, flabbergasted at the request, “what?”

            Tiffany sighs and she almost facepalms herself, Taeyeon can sometimes be stupid with these things. She grabs Taeyeon’s arms then puts it around her and it makes the older woman blush,

            “This way it’s more believable.”

            “O-okay.”

            Taeyeon bites her lip again when she feels Tiffany’s body getting flushed against hers. She gulps, last time this happened they ended up on the bed.

            “Come on, Tae why are you so tense. It’s just me. Relax a little okay?”

            “So-sorry, it’s been a while since I last did this to anyone.” Taeyeon responds, getting shy as she trails off.

            Tiffany stops walking and faces Taeyeon. She raises an eyebrow at the girl who was looking down on her feet, and she giggles, “Impossible!”

            “I’m serious!”

            “Yeah, okay. What about your secretary?”

            Taeyeon raises an eyebrow, it’s been a while and she’s still hearing this thing about her secretary, “What? I still don’t get why you bring Sunmi up.” She shrugs, having no clue that Tiffany’s kind of upset now.

            “Of course you’d defend her.” Tiffany responds in a whisper, hoping that Taeyeon wouldn’t hear.

            “Okay seriously what is up with Sunmi?” Taeyeon asks, now bothered because Tiffany’s acting like a child again. She hated this side of Tiffany, she hated that she won’t tell her why she’s upset so Taeyeon is left wondering about what she did wrong and that makes Taeyeon anxious because for her, she’s not doing anything wrong.

            “Nothing.” Tiffany mumbles, crossing her arms and walking away from Taeyeon.

            Taeyeon sighs heavily and decides to confront the woman now because she couldn’t take it anymore. She turns around and she widens her eyes when Tiffany was already walking towards the car. She sighs again then jogs towards Tiffany who was clearly pissed,

            She grabs Tiffany by her arm then turns her around,

            “What is wrong with you? This is exactly why we’re getting a divorce! You don’t tell me what’s wrong! You know how much I hate guessing.” Taeyeon closes her eyes, “I-I wish you could’ve told me what was wrong. Maybe then, I could’ve changed, I could’ve changed for the better.”

            Tiffany looks up to match Taeyeon’s eyes. She’s upset because Taeyeon should know if she’s pissed, she should know what she did wrong, she should know when she hurt Tiffany’s feelings. They’ve been together and married for years!

            “Are you blaming this on me again Taeyeon? It’s all on me? Of all people, you should be the person who knows me best! We’ve been together for years and you still don’t know what makes me sad? Angry? Upset? What kind of wife are you! I can’t believe I married you! I should’ve listened to all the people who told me that we can’t have a future!”

            Taeyeon made sure she listened, and she immediately regretted. She’s heard Tiffany saying a lot of rude things to her before but she accepted those, because she loved her and she can’t lose her, but the words Tiffany told her tonight were different, it’s as if she meant it. It’s as if she gathered all the pent up emotions and exploded right there and then.

            She opens but she fails to speak,

            “Let’s just go home. I’m tired.”

            And again, she was dismissed.

She just wanted Tiffany to wait and listen to what she has to say because the words in Taeyeon’s mind were always a mess.