Two

Still You [EDITING]

            As she opens her apartment door, Taeyeon is greeted by an uncomfortable silence. She sighs, realizing that even after weeks of being greeted by the same silence, she still isn’t used to it. She’s not used to not seeing Tiffany in the dining room, probably eating or working in her laptop or drawing in one of her sketch pads; she’s not used to not seeing a white dog going around the house bugging her and following her everywhere she goes; and she’s not used to not seeing Tiffany’s smile, the one she should’ve appreciated more when she still had the time, that smile, that smile was priceless.

            Taeyeon knew that Tiffany was her jewel, the love of her life, her everything.

            But things just don’t work out the way Taeyeon wants them to.

            “I wished for us to be happy, but I guess wish master ain’t taking my wishes seriously.” Taeyeon shrugs and takes a can of soda in her fridge before flopping herself on the couch. She reaches for the TV remote and presses the ‘on’ button so she could watch the evening news only to regret it afterwards,

            Rising fashion designer Tiffany Hwang of fashion line Hwang co. was spotted leaving her rumored new model boyfriend’s apartment building sparking rumors that she and her wife, businesswoman Kim Taeyeon have indeed decided to call it quits. It was reported that a month ago, rumors of divorce started when Miss Hwang was seen leaving their shared apartment with a few bags in tow but Kim Taeyeon’s side quickly denied it saying that the couple was still going strong.

            Arguments of the rumored divorce were weakened after the couple was seen eating and leaving a restaurant hand in hand, together with Miss Hwang’s father, a couple of times in the past month.

           “Seriously these people can’t even leave us alone?” Taeyeon grumbles to herself as she glares at the television, “And my phone’s probably going to ring in a few seconds.” She glances at her watch and sighs. As if on cue, her phone starts to continuously ring, irking her more than she already is.

            She reaches out for another phone and decides to call the person she trusts the most,

            “Hello Tae are you watching the news?”

            “Yes. Anyway, you know what to do, right, Sunny?”

            She hears a sigh from the other line and she bites the insides of her cheeks,

            “Please?”

            “Fine but you have to talk to Tiffany about this again to make it even more believable. That wife of yours is causing you a lot of trouble, you know.”

            “Thanks Bunny. Love you, see you tomorrow.”

            “Love you too.”

            Taeyeon presses the ‘end’ button and decides to call the other person who’s about to be involved.

            “Hello, what do you want?”

            The older woman almost chuckles at the coldness, “You can’t be discreet with your extra marital affairs?” she jokes, hoping that the other girl takes the joke as it is. However, she heard a sigh in return, and it makes Taeyeon bite her lips to suppress herself from laughing.

            “I don’t have time for your jokes, Kim Taeyeon, I’m hanging—“

            “Yah!” Taeyeon shouts, “I’m not done yet. I have something important to say!”

            “What is it?! Stop wasting my time Taeyeon!”

            “Go out with me again tomorrow. This is your fault. You can’t be cautious when you’re meeting your boyfriend?”

            “What?!”

            “Watch the news or just Google your name. I’m pretty sure people are saying that you’re a flirt because you’re having extra-marital affairs. Geez.” Taeyeon rolls her eyes at the thought that Tiffany might be thinking that she's just making excuses so she could meet her again.

            “Oh my gosh!”

            Taeyeon puts the phone away from her ears when she hears Tiffany shout from the other line, “she’s really loud.” She mumbles to herself.

            “I-I was careful! I checked!” Tiffany groans as she frantically blabbers about things to Taeyeon.

            “Unfortunately, you weren’t that careful. Don’t worry, all you need to do is meet me tomorrow night at Han River, and I already instructed my paparazzi friend. She knows what to do, so just wait for my text tomorrow.” Taeyeon instructs, trying to hide the fact that she is worried because she can hear Tiffany’s panicking breath from the other line.

            If things between them were still normal, Taeyeon would’ve come to Tiffany’s apartment, soothing and cuddling her until she fell asleep. And then she would’ve cooked a great American style breakfast for the American woman, because that’s what she didn’t do when Tiffany and she were still in the same place.

            “Hey, are you okay?” she asks the quiet girl. Truth is, Taeyeon’s worried because Tiffany’s never been this anxious before. Maybe it’s because the pressure on her was building up, because Tiffany’s fashion line is only starting and her company couldn’t afford a scandal like this because everything that Tiffany had worked hard for would crumble down.

            “Tae…” Tiffany mumbles between heavy breaths.

            Taeyeon clenches her fists because of how slow Tiffany is talking. She isn’t sure about what to do; should she just rush into Tiffany’s apartment to do things for her or should she call her boyfriend instead? She glances at the clock and sighs,

            “I’ll be there in 20 minutes.”

 

 

 

 

            “Tiffany open up.” Taeyeon kept on continuously knocking on the apartment door but Tiffany isn’t answering. She frowns as she pulls out her phone from her pocket to dial the number of the person who’s worrying her so much at the moment. After a few minutes of her calls not being answered she groans in annoyance and she pounds on the door even harder,

            “Fany, is everything alright?!” she looks at the door lock once again and pouts when she sees numbers on the door. She scratches her head as she thinks of what could possibly be Tiffany’s passcode,

            “Their anniversary? How am I supposed to know when their anniversary is?” Taeyeon asks herself, though deep inside the possibility that Tiffany’s pass code was their anniversary annoys her, like come on, a little respect please? It’s only still a month!

            “Aish really, stop over-thinking Taeyeon! Okay, let’s try our anniversary date.”

            She presses the numbers and the asterisk as she waits for a little beep that would indicate that she has indicated the right numbers. As soon as she hears the beep, she grins, then smirks, then smiles a genuine smile, then blushes like the little high schooler that she is. She almost forgot why she went there in the first place,

            “, right. Tiffany!” she hurriedly walks right in and closes the door as she walks around the apartment trying to find the woman she wants to see the most.

            After walking in circles around the apartment, she finally went upstairs, to Tiffany’s bedroom, where she saw the other woman on the floor hugging herself while crying. Taeyeon presumes that maybe Tiffany’s anxiety has shot up, and she wished that she was there to soothe her in times that she’s weak.

            She walks towards her soon to be ex-wife and pokes her in the head

            “Hey, I’m here now.” Taeyeon smiles at the other girl when she finally looks up and the older woman swears that she could’ve squealed like a fan at the sight she saw, “you’re such a baby, Tiffany.” She jokes and puts some of Tiffany’s hair behind her ears.

            “What took you so long?” Tiffany whines, wiping the tears flowing in her face. She feels like trash, and she knows that she probably looks like trash but Taeyeon didn’t mind. This is one of those times wherein Taeyeon finds herself falling deeper for the other girl, times when she’s at her most vulnerable, times where she’s all bare and simple; that’s the Tiffany Taeyeon fell for.

            “I bought flowers and kimbap…” Taeyeon chuckles as she engulfs Tiffany into a tight hug. She’d be lying if she said that she didn’t miss cuddling with Tiffany, and the younger girl would grow a long nose if she also claimed that her current boyfriend has replaced Taeyeon’s cuddles and everything Taeyeon.

            “Let’s just stay like this, please?” Tiffany mumbles against Taeyeon’s shirt. She buries her face even more into the fabric when she feels that Taeyeon already sat comfortably. She missed Taeyeon, everything about her just felt right. When they started dating, the older girl was the cutest human being in campus, and Tiffany fell even harder because Taeyeon was not only cute, she was also sensitive and very sweet.

            “Okay, but let’s not stay long because I’m starving.”

            Tiffany rolls her eyes at the answer. Taeyeon ruined every single sweet moment in their married life, she won’t let the woman ruin their post marriage moments too. She pinches Taeyeon’s waist and she grins when she yelps in pain,

            “Hey! Stop it!” Taeyeon was about to retaliate but Tiffany just hugs her even tighter, making her blush at their sudden closeness. She blinks a few times to register what is happening and she sighs, a contented sigh. She kisses the top of Tiffany’s head and finally hugs her back.

            “Good night, Fany. Sweet dreams.”

            Let’s stay like this, even just for tonight.