Chapter 22 - Cho Kyuhyun

How will our love survive?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

QIAN'S POV

 

-April 19, 2007- 

 

"What's taking them so long?" Ryeowook asked me.

"What did Kyuhyun tell you?" Sungmin asked.

"He didn't reply after I texted him. Wait, let me call him." I said as I pressed Kyuhyun's speed dial number.

The number you dialed cannot be reached.

"Huh? Isanghae." I muttered.

"What is?" Siwon Oppa asked.

"I can't contact Kyuhyun." I said as I dialed again.

The number you dialed cannot be reached.

Kyuhyun never turns his cellphone off. 

"That's so strange." Sungmin said as he pulled out his phone.

"Oh! Mr. Lee Soo Man is calling me." He said as he answered the call.

"Mr. Lee Soo Man, wae?" Sungmin said.

Ryeowook, Siwon and I stared at Sungmin as he talked on the phone. At first, his face was void of any expression, but then his face contorted into an expression of shock.

"WHAT?!" He exclaimed loudly. 

"What's happening?" Siwon asked, immediately standing up from the couch in alarm.

"WHERE?!" Sungmin's voice boomed.

"What's wrong?" Ryeowook said, standing from the couch as well, and looked at Sungmin alrmingly.

I was quietly sitting on the couch but my heart was beating so fast. I felt scared and nervous but I have no idea why.

"Oppa...what's---" I was about to ask but Sungmin immediately pulled me up from my seat.

"We have to go to the hospital, NOW!" He said as he pulled me outside and towards his parked car. Siwon and Ryeowook were right behind us and also got into the car.

"What happened?" I asked, feeling very scared.

"Yeah, Sungmin. What's wrong?" Siwon asked.

"Was there a problem? And who is in the hospital?" Ryeowook asked endlessly.

Sungmin took a deep breath, and tried to calm himself but he was still obviously shocked and scared.

"Mr. Lee Soo Man said that the car Shindong, Eunhyuk, Leeteuk and Kyuhyun was in an accident." He choked out.

My heart felt like it was torn into a thousand pieces, I didn't notice the tears streaming down my face. I was filled with worry.

"WHAT?! How did that happen?!" Siwon exclaimed loudly.

"Are they okay?!" Ryeowook said.

"The Oppas, how....how are they? Kyu...Kyuhyun...is he..." I stuttered. My hands were shaking and I couldn't feel my legs anymore. I was in full on panic.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Siwon.

"Leeteuk hyung, Shindong and Eunhyuk were only bruised and had a few scratches and wounds." Sungmin said.

"What about Manager hyung and Kyu?" Ryeowook asked.

"Manager hyung is okay. He was wearing his seatbelt when the accident happened." Sungmin explained.

"How...how about Kyuhyun?" I asked, my eyes widening at Sungmin's obvious effort in avoiding the question about Kyuhyun.

"Is he okay?!" I demanded.

Sungmin bowed his head. I can see tears falling down his face as well.

"They don't know. Kyuhyun....Kyuhyun was the worst. He got the most serious wounds and...and nobody knows what will happen to him." Sungmin choked out as he drove.

No, it can't be. 

The words echoed repeatedly in my mind. 

"That's impossible." I choked out in between uncontrollable tears.

"I was just texting him a couple of minutes ago! I refuse to believe this is happening!" I exclaimed loudly.

"Qian! Calm down. Kyuhyun will be okay." Ryeowook said as he soothed me.

"Kyuhyun." I sobbed. 

I couldn't explain the pain I was feeling as of the moment. No matter how much encouragement Sungmin, Siwon and Ryeowook said about Kyuhyun, I was still panicking. I was still scared. So scared that I might lose the person I love the most.

In less than 15 minutes we were already in front of the hospital. I quickly rushed out of the car, followed by Siwon, Sungminn and Ryeowook. We ran towards the emergency area which was surrounded by a lot of people. Flashing lights could be seen and different cars were blocking the way. The ambulance just came and I saw Mr. Lee Soo Man just got out of his car. He turned around and saw me.

"Victoria!" He called. I ran to him, he had a worried look on his face as well. I turned to the ambulance that just came, and saw the medics carefully guiding Leeteuk, Shindong and Eunhyuk out of it. Each of them were wearing neck braces and had multiple bandages on their body and faces. I ran up to them, with no care in the world about whatever the reaction of the reporters were. 

"Oppa!" I called. 

The three of them turned to me and quickly engulfed me into a hug while they cried. I could hear faint whispers from the people around us.

"Isn't that the new girl group, F(x)'s leader, Victoria Song?" One reporter whispered.

"Yeah. What is she doing here?" They said.

I decided to ignore them and quickly made my way inside the emergency room.

"Where's Kyuhyun?!" I said to the nurse that was passing in front of us.

As I was grabbing the nurse's shoulders, Donghae, Heechul and Yesung came rushing in. 

"Vic!" They called. I immediately ran to them. 

"Kyu...Kyuhyun." I managed in between hysterical sobs.

"He'll be okay." Yesung shushed.

"Oppa!" I cried.

"Don't worry, Qian." Donghae said as he patted my back.

"Let me call Ssul and the others to accompany you." Heechul said as he whipped out his phone and made a call to Sull. 

I nodded at him while Yesung guided me to a seat.

"Where's Kyuhyun? I need to see him." I demanded to Yesung. I was crying so hard that I couldn't breathe and talk properly.

"The nurse said Kyuhyun is still in the operating room. They're doing everything they can, Vic." It was Ryeowook. He was followed by Siwon and Sungmin.

"How about Leeteuk, Shindong and Eunhyuk Oppa?" I asked, feeling a little bad that all I could think about was Kyuhyun when Shindong, Leeteuk, and Eunhyuk were also injured in the accident. 

"We're fine, Vic." Leeteuksaid as he limped towards the seat next to me. He was covered in bandages but he seemed like he was far from danger.

"Yeah, don't worry about us." Eunhyuk smiled. He had a neck brace and his head was wrapped in a bandage.

Shindong's head was covered with a bandage, but aside from that, he only had small scratches and some bruises. He was currently talking with Donghae, Ryeowook, Siwon, Heechul, Sungmin and Yesung. He was relaying the story of what happened.

"Leeteuk hyung and Kyuhyun were at the middle seat while Eunhyuk and I were seated at the back. We were even teasing him about Vic and Siwon. He was even bragging about your date once we get home, and then...and then it happened. It was so fast that I didn't really know exactly how it the accident happened. We felt the tire burst and the car was unstable. Manager hyung lost

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter