ch4

The Bucket List (Letter Me Later)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

April 2, 2017

Be a good friend! Surprise someone today. :))

Strawberry shortcake?

Sincerely,

Mr. Yoo

(Sent via LetterMeLater.com)

 

“Good Morni—KYAAA!!!!” Mina’s supposed non-existing loud voice was heard on the four corners of their house early morning. She’s about to greet brightly to her housemates because she just had a good night sleep when she was welcomed by a rocky road. She covered her eyes like a kid.

“One, two, three...” Jihyo started to count silently while staring at the reason of Mina’s hysterical reaction.

The blonde just raised her brows while sipping her favorite coffee blended with vanilla, “Chaeyoung-ah, I think you forgot that you’re living with a conservative girl.”

“Shoot. I’m sorry.” the cub apologized covering his exposed upper body, “I-I’ll just wear my shirt.” He said lastly going to his room.

When a sound of a door being closed was heard, the girls finally act normal. At least for Mina.

“Jihyo.” Sana called. The other just hummed in response. “How many?”

“Six.”

“YAH. STOP IT YOU TWO!”

“Don’t be selfish Mina.” Jihyo said while sipping her honey blend coffee. Sana just nodded in agreement.

It’s been a few days since Jihyo and Chaeyoung lived with the cousins. Seemingly, all of them are working so they didn’t get to see each other much in a morning. It was their first time to share a breakfast together.

The guy went out of his room with a white shirt, scratching the back of his head while awkwardly smiling because of embarrassment. “Sorry about earlier.” He apologized as he went to blend his own coffee. This four people have their own blends of coffee. Honey and vanilla for Jihyo and Sana, respectively, black for the ballerina and white for the architect.

“You’re the one who uses the creamer?” Sana asked him with wide eyes.

Chaeyoung got startled raising both of his arms, “Sorry. Am I not allowed? I’ll just buy another one.”

The three of them chuckled. “What are you talking about? Of course you are allowed. You live here and Mina allowed so you’re basically a family.” Sana said. “It’s just that nobody really touches the creamer. Just sometimes.”

“Really. Thank you.” He thanked. “I’ll buy groceries later.”

“That would be nice. I’ll give you the list later.” Sana stated in which the guy nodded.

They had their breakfast that turned into brunch in front of the small screen watching some morning news then cartoons later on. It was an unexpected interest that they shared but it was a good thing.

The silence they had while watching was broken when Jihyo finished her own portion of meal. “Hey guys, what you are going to do for the day?” she asked still focused on the television.

“I’m gonna laze out.” Mina nonchalantly said while munching.

“Lucky you! I’m going to start my miniature model for my final project later.” Said Chaeyoung almost whining.

“Really?” Jihyo exclaimed with sparkling eyes later turned to grimace. “I want to see how you do it but I’m going to Momo’s later to tutor Joon.”

“Why won’t you do the tutoring here?”

“He’ll just play around here so it’s a no.”

Chaeyoung nodded then smiled later. He realized how casual their exchange of words are. Despite the small amount of time they had known each other, they feel comfortable with each other. Internally, he thanked Mina for sharing such wonderful friends with him even though she stated that it’s her first time to make friends when they met.

With these thoughts, the cub unconsciously gazed upon the ballerina who was busy entertaining herself watching ‘road runner’. He later felt a nudge that came from Jihyo who was wiggling her eyebrows teasingly.

“I think I know now what Dahyun was talking about.” She whispered.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He whispered back feigning ignorance then looked away.

“See, your gaze would always find Mina.”

A blush crept on the cub’s cheeks, “Yah!” he lost his composure for a moment thinking that his crush might have heard what Jihyo said. But his loud voice made everybody look at him and there Jihyo is, controlling her laughter.

He got nervous while finding the right excuse, “W-What would you do later, Sana?” he stuttered having a broken laugh thereafter.

“Hey Chaeyoung, you don’t need to yell just to get my attention, okay?” she said chuckling “I’m going to a blind date later.” She nonchalantly said just like her cousin focusing back on the television now flashing ‘tom and jerry’.

The eyes that was once on the architect went to novel writer with jaws dropped.

“You’re going where?!” Mina asked with a bit higher tone than usual.

“Blind date.”

“You don’t usually go to blind dates.”

“Well, my new story consist of a blind date so… that’s that.”

“Okay then.”

After finishing their meal and a movie of ‘spongebob squarepants’, Sana and Jihyo got ready for their own plans. Chaeyoung on the other hand prepared his materials for his miniature. And lastly, our ballerina, who did not even bother taking a bath slumped her body on the couch to rewatch ‘swan lake’.

Mina was on the same position even after her cousin and Jihyo got out of the house and the architect made progress on his model. She felt so unproductive so she decided to take a bath to think of something to do.

Fresh from bath and dressed nicely with a plain mint green shirt tucked in her short, she went behind the busy architect, “Hey.” She muttered but never given any response. Even with a series ‘Hey’ that were getting louder, the young architect never gave a glance.

Workaholic, huh?

The ballerina who was almost frustrated went opposite him, whose body was bended, gluing some pieces together like a puzzle to make some sort of building. She did the same, bending her body to peek on the spaces on the unfinished building made by the guy. He finally met her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter