Special (Engr. Chou)

The Bucket List (Letter Me Later)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Being an only child was already lonely but being trained to be a CEO of a top company at such young age made it even harder.

He loved reading books but he had to learn more than it to be the best of the bests and that made him hate his family.

Chou Tzuyu, as a kid, had a different view of the world. It is harsh, unloving, uncaring, and unfair and everything you wouldn’t want to feel. He grew up in a strict environment and it remained to his heart and mind until he met the crying little Son Chaeyoung outside an elite businessmen party.

“Why are you crying?” he asked a bit concerned. He was so tiny and looked so fragile that he wanted to touch him but didn’t at the same time.

Chaeyoung looked at him in a blink and tried to stop crying but can’t, “my dad said I can’t be inside.”

“What?” he asked again confused, “why is that?”

The little kid looked at Tzuyu with a sobbing face full of tears and snot, “if I’ll tell you I’m an illegitimate child, will you leave me too?”

This moved Tzuyu’s heart for the first time in his life. He didn’t know the kid but he swear that he will protect him forever.

He discovered a lot after knowing Son Chaeyoung and Tzuyu took note of everything.

Chaeng is an illegitimate son of his mother. He loves art. He loves music. He gets bullied at school for being an illegitimate child. No one wants to befriend him. He wants to be a painter. Their family are business partners.

Actually Tzuyu was his very first friend and he was the same to him and that only mattered to the both of them.

They have different pains but they shared to each other. For years that their family overlooked them, they had each other’s back.

As they grew up, despite being the same age, Tzuyu developed a sense of duty when it came to Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung complained at times, feeling that Tzuyu just want to for being small, but he too cared for him, because he’s not good with words.

Having a twenty year old mind in a fifteen year old body was never a plan of his. He started to think about their future. Their family’s still financially support them but what if they reach the age of majority? What if they will be abandoned? If not he, what if Chaeyoung will be?

He needed security that he skipped a few years straight to last year of being a high school student. Effortless as you could see and his family were proud of him for the very first time. Nonetheless, he used up all his strength, physically and mentally, when he took a double degree. It was a surprise not only to his family but also to Chaeyoung, because the courses were so much different from each other—engineering and business. Engineering to build a firm someday ready to support the future architect Son and a business for him to know how to manage a business properly. He had to do it now that his family is still supporting or lawfully needed to support his academics while being a rebel.

When Chaeyoung became a high school student, he got a bit anxious for him being alone. He became officially his second big brother, “because I’m in college and you’re in high school,” as Tzuyu reasoned out—so he can scold Chayeoung without the shorter able to complain. Chaeyoung let him somehow, because apart from his half-brother, Tzuyu was the one who cared for him all those years without wanting something back and that’s why he stayed under Tzuyu’s care.

Once, he freaked out and scolded Chaeyoung more than anyone after he was called in the principal’s office instead of a parent. Same age guardian wouldn’t but he looks like a real college student-aged moreover after he showed his university identification.

He had a little frown when he entered the office directly glaring at Chaeyoung. It was the first time he caused trouble. Opposite to his lil’ bro was an eagle looking guy who mirrored Chaeyoung’s bruised near the lips. He apologized to the principal which Chaeyoung protested, “Why are you apologizing?! I didn’t do anything wrong!”

“Punching someone is anything wrong, Son Chaeyoung.”

His tone was commanding and Chaeyoung heard it for the very first time. Tzuyu was acting like a real big brother in the right place and time, Chaeyoung smirked on his mind, this guy got some acting skills.

Chaeyoung was wrong—Tzuyu wasn’t acting. He bumped the heads of the detainees a while ago as if they were close enough. Chou beg for both students’ life and since they were in a stage where they tend to get into a fight, he let go of the bruise Chaeyoung got.

“But Tzuyu! How can I get friends with that kind of kid?!”

“You’re still a kid yourself, and mind you, I told you not to call me just in my name until you graduate in college.”

The fight was a blessing in disguise, Tzuyu thought. The high school kids end up being friends after they confessed that Tzuyu was the same age as them. The eagle, named Dahyun still couldn’t get over the fact and gets intimidated because of Tzuyu’s tall feature. They grew fond of each other after quite some time—that’s how boys are.

When Dahyun came into the picture, one of Tzuyu’s burden was lifted off. Chaeyeoung’s not alone in school anymore. So he can concentrate in his studies and graduate on time. Although they had less time to meet because they were both graduating, they would still try to catch up on things—sometimes silly.

“I saw your brother in the campus with her girlfriend. Isn’t she the one with long black hair? They were reading a novel in the bench.”

“Eh? But Nayeon-noona doesn’t like to read novels. I haven’t talk to them in ages.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter