Special (Mr. Yoo)

The Bucket List (Letter Me Later)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“You have a heart disease.”

“So what should I do?”

“I’m so sorry to tell you this but, you only have three months to live.”

A week have passed as the doctor’s line continuously cycled inside his mind. What a surprise. A very (supposed to be) healthy young adult suddenly only had three months to live. Neither he nor his family would have ever thought that he’ll passed away early. Without even the chance for therapy, he only had the option to live his life within the span of three months.

He wasted another week still not believing that he’s going to die at such young age. He started to neglect everyone—his friends, his family and his girlfriend. He didn’t want to bother them for those months. It’s better to cry at once than to prolong their tears. That would be better.

“Good morning mom,” he kissed his mom on the cheeks.

“Omo! What is with my son? You ignored me for weeks and suddenly became sweet?” his mom teased, “did you and Mina got better?”

The son sat down on the chair and pouted cutely annoying, “we did not even fight, mom.”

“Oh really? You might just had a lot of sugar.”

“Might be.” He laughs a little.

He started with his mom, and then to people who’re close to him. He wasn’t a sweet type to everyone but he wanted to leave good memories. And his good sweet actions resulted positive emotions to everyone he loves but his girlfriend. He thought deeply about this. I will not be able to be replaced as a son to my family but someone will replace me in her heart later. It’s better to remove the string attached to us for her to move on quickly.

“Mina, let’s break up.”

“Why? I thought we’re just doing fine.”

“I-It’s just that, I fell out of love.”

“What?”

“I’m sorry Mina.”

“I can’t accept this!”

He turned his back against her. He is not happy about what he did but it is what had to be done. He wanted everyone to be happy, and for Mina to be happy, she needs to forget about him faster even if he had to leave her bawling.

He heard she was a mess, crying for hours then stares at nothing then looks for him—it became a cycle. He knows she was hurting but he himself was hurting, too.

Who would he share his pains except for those he have already made happy? There’s only one who could be a talking wall for his nonstop blabbing. He got a hold of his phone and dial the number.

The phone rang.

Still uses the same phone number.

But she doesn’t answer on the first ring anymore.

On the fifth ring, the call was answered.

“Na-Nayeon?” he hesitantly called.

“Why? Is there something wrong?”

“Can I see you?”

“Why do you want to get back with me? I’m sorry but I already moved on.”

“Yah! I’m not getting back with you. Can’t I call just because?!”

“I was just kidding! When? Right now?”

“Can we meet up right now?”

“Of course. Beep me the location.”

“Okay thank you so much.”

Nayeon was always there for him and he was for her. They were childhood friends until such time they thought they were romantically in love only to find out they weren’t compatible for each other but being friends. At such time Nayeon wanted to fight for their relationship even if he already have a girlfriend, but then realized what he meant when he said, “we’re better off as friends.”

“Jeong!” her voice echoed in their neighborhood playground that night.

The lonely guy who was swinging his body looked up to her and smile, “bunny!”

“I called you in your name!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter