Chapter 4

Witness protection program

What do they want? Why did they have to follow me? It is hard enough for me to forget that night. But this ridiculous suit, this time black-violet in a check pattern, black dress shoes. Kim Sungjun, his hair is styled upwards. He smiles gentle. He is the more comfortable person from them. The other person, oh how I hate his ing dirty smirk at the moment, it let me remember the thing he almost did to me that night. Choi Jongdae. The only person, who would go for anyone, gender did not matter to him. Irks. He wears a plain dark blue suit and black dress shoes. His hair is to sort to style it. Between them was a third tall person that I don’t know. He looks like he is in his thirties, has short brown hair which is styled to the back and has a slight beard. His face screams manliness. He is quite thin but still got some muscle. He wears a simple black suit, but it sure looks expensive, with black dress shoes. What’s with these people and they dress shoes? Is it some kind of dress code? Well back to the topic. He kind of has a very authority aura and all that together he looks really handsome. Well he sure know that himself what kind of power his looks have on other people.

Okay Youngjae, I will let you guys alone, Call me when you got home okay.” Himchan voice gets me out of my trance of staring at them. I look at him with an unsure look but he just hugs me. I hug him back, a little clumsy.

Okay Hyung. I will call tonight after your job.” He smiles at me for the last time and get out of the cafe, waving goodbye to the waiters.

So you’re Yoo Youngjae? You’re truly beautiful like Jongdae told me. The picture really didn’t catch you whole beauty.” I’m a little speechless. Is the next guy, this time with a low, deep and horse voice, flirting with me? Are they all nuts or don’t have girls to have fun with? Sungjun steps forwards and points with his hand to the seat.

Ah Youngjae-shi please take your seat, we have some business with you.” He says in a gentle and polite voice, maybe his business voice. His smile is still on his face and it doesn’t look fake. I hesitantly sit down in front of my coffee. A waitress, a young girl with long black hair, walks towards our table and take the order of the three guys. Sungjun takes a milk coffee, Jongdae coffee black and the mysterious man chooses an espresso. The waitress bows and walks away.

So Youngjae, I’m sure you noticed that we watched you’re the past 3 weeks. We had watched every move you made and are surprised that you didn’t even try to call someone.” So these pigs even bugged my phone. I knew it that I didn’t left my door open the last time. Stupid Himchan Hyung, telling me that I didn’t look the door. In the meantime the waitress came back with the ordered coffee. All three thank her and she walks away. I cold swear I heard her giggle.

But let me still warn you. We will still watching you and if we notice that you talk to somebody out this or go to the police we will not just kill you, but your family. I must say your mother is truly a beauty, I can see what you have from her. And your father is so sweet to her. It would be a real shame if something happen to them. And your friend, what was his name? Kim Himchan? How he would react if he knew that one stupid action from you will cost him his life. So don’t even think about running away from us, we will find you and than you only wish is that you never did anything like that.” I swallow hard. My face got pale and I just nod. Even if I could talk the big lump in my throat hinder me.

Ah but Youngjae I know a way how you all can safe them. Be part of my group and I guarantee the safety of you family and your friend. I know that you need money. I even know that your parents pay your rent and all. How happy they would be to hear that you got yourself a well paid job. How happy they would be pay for other things, like traveling. Think about it boy, you could even go back to university and study music and English again.” okay that guy frightens me. How do he know so much about myself? They never could get that much information from just watching me for three weeks.

Oh I’m sure you need time to think about it. No worries, I will give you one week to think about it. After that I will come to you and ask you again.” And with that, don’t let me even answer, he take his cup, drink his coffee in one gulp, stand up and walks towards the door. Jongdae follows him, not forgetting to wink at me and his lips. I feel how the shudder run through my whole body. Sungjun drink his coffee in no hurry.

I’m sorry Youngjae-shi, usually my boss isn’t like that, but he must take a liking in your. And sadly if my boss want something or someone he get it, no matter how. So please don’t do anything hasty okay.” the look in Sungjuns face is a little sad. He finish his coffee, stand up, threw some money on the table together with a card and leave the cafe without anymore words. I sigh, somehow I feel kind of exhausted. What the hell happened to my life? The other day was like always and after one night everything is falling apart. Why the did he want me to work for him? Sure I need a job, but being a gangster? No! That’s not so much my style. But it sure sounds temping to go back to the university. No! No! No! No Youngjae! You won’t be part of them just so you can study again, and be one step closer to your dream. My dream. Yeah I really want to be a songwriter. I always wanted to be that, write songs that people like to listen to. I never knew that it would cost that much. Looking longing in my coffee and finishing it, fish my wallet out of my pocket and put the money under the cup. I look at the money from the men and saw the card. Unsure what to do, I slowly reach for the card and take it. It was plain black with a slight red shimmer. The only thing that is printed on the card was a name.


 

~Lee Hwangmin~

Noting more. I turn the card. Nothing. Wait. What the..? Oh how rude. I just realize that the man never introduced himself. So he think that much of me. What a prick. For a second I Thought of throwing the card away, but it can be important so I put it in wallet. I get out of the cafe, getting my phone out of my pocket. I have a message from Himchan hyung.


 

Hey Yongjae good luck with the interview. You really deserve a job. It’s still a little weird that they known my name. Anyway don’t forget, if it doesn’t work, my boss would gladly give you one as well. So I need to work now, See you late, and don’t forget to call me tonight okay.”

I smile at the message, reply with a ‘Thank you hyung and have fun at work.’. Still looking down I turn right and bump into a person.

Uaaah!” I fell back but before my can kiss the ground a hand catch me.

Careful boy. Aish the youth and there mobile phones. Never looking up again.” Wait. I know this voice. Looking up, my eyes get wide at what I see. It is a man with the same dark eyes and the same mask. He wears again a beanie and some strands of dark blonde hair can be seen. I have the feeling of a deja vu, ahh…..

Ah the stranger from that night!” It clicked in my head.

Ah!” he must have been surprised. I feel how the hold on my arm vanished. The bad thing about this is, that I’m still in the half standing half falling position, and now without the holding hand I can fall back. What I do. I fell hard on my .

Ow.” I let out a small cry.

Ah I’m sorry. You just surprised me.” A hand land in front of my face. I look up and saw in two warm dark brown eyes. I am sure that under this mask he is smiling. I take the hand thankfully and with his help stand up again. Wow his hands sure are rouge but still somehow soft.

Eh boy?”

Huh?” I jump a little.

I’m feeling really flattered, but could you maybe let go of my hand? It’s kind of weird for you to caress it.”

Dumbfound, I look down to my hand, and I am really caress his hand. As fast as I can I let go of his hand feeling how my cheek and eyes get red. Oh my… that is really embarrassing. Still looking down, I suddenly hear a melodious laughter. Still a little unsure if he was laughing at me or at the situation, I look up. I see no sign of anger or disgust so my uneasiness vanish and I smile back at the man.

It’s okay boy. I’m not disgusted or anything.” His eyes sure show most of his emotion.

It was really nice to meet you again boy. But sadly I have to go now. If I would have more time I gladly would spend it with you, but sadly I don’t have the time. So bye bye and who knows, maybe we will meet again.” He pets me on my head and walks away. I watch how he vanish behind a corner. Again I can feel how my cheeks and eyes get red again no, I’m sure my whole face get red. What the hell is wrong with me? He is just a stranger, I’m sure he is an old man, even if his voice don’t match. But all those thoughts don’t help as I feel how I get a strange feeling in my stomach. Oh no, no, no, no, no! No Youngjae, get yourself together. Jongdae’s action sure did something to you. I shake my head to get those thoughts out of my head. Better not think about it. I look at the ground searching for my phone, but notice that I Still got it in my hand. Wow I’m awesome. I put I back into my pocket and start walking home.


 

~One week later~

It is midday, I am at home, sitting at my living room table, writing a song.


 

I can't believe that when I breathe,
There's something good inside of me,
Just one good thing inside.
So close to me, that memory,
Of that one good thing inside of me,
Just one good thing inside of me, yeah. ‘


 

Well I don’t come really far with it. Somehow my thoughts always went back to the things that happened to me recently. Ahhhh I getting insane. I am mad about myself. Why the heck did that happened to me? What did I do in the past to deserve it. Standing up, I walk to my kitchen, to the fridge, open it. If this would be an anime or anything like that a fly would fly out of my fridge. I forgot to go shopping. Well why not now? I getting dressed take my phone and my wallet and walk out. I make sure to lock the door behind me, even rattle the door. Yep this door is locked. Time to shop.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

AHHHHH I'm sorry for the long wait >_< I had so much to do at work that I barely had time to write.

Again thank you very very very much for the nice comments, they really make me happy. every time I read them at work I squeal so much, that even my co workers look strange at me ^^"

If you wounder what song I used. It's from Hollywood undead - Believe.

Well anyway I hope you had fun reading the chapter^^ I hope i can write the next one a little faster.