Chapter 9

Witness protection program

“Okay Daehyun, again. What exactly happened here?” I sigh the third time and look up from my hands this time into Yongguk face. I’m sitting at the back from the ambulance and a paramedic, a middle age man, is treating my wound.

“Hyung you’re the 5th person asking me that and the story didn’t change.” But Yongguk Hyung just looks at me, no emotion on his face. I sigh, again.

“ Youngjae came out if the park. I was on the other side of the street. We went to the traffic light. As soon as the light turns green he immediately crossed the street. He almost reached me as suddenly a black van, the license plate was covered so I couldn’t see the numbers, turned up. It stopped behind Youngjae, as the door opened, two arms grabbed the boy and pulled him inside the car as a third hand, with a weapon, was shooting at me. I could dodge it but he still hit my shoulder.” That reminds me of my wound and wince at the pain as a paramedic press a compress against it. Yongguk hyung still don’t show any emotion but I know what he is thinking. He is thinking the same, that I failed miserable. I am ashamed of myself. It must show on my face, I feel a hand on my shoulder. Yongguk sigh and his stern mimic turns into a soft one.

“It’s not your fault. In the end you acted the right way. We can’t forget that you are undercover. You can’t blow up your cover in front of Hwangmin or his men. But no worries, we will get the boy back and Hwangmin into the prison. But I still need some information about the van. You said it was black and the license plate was covered.” I nod.

“Did you recognize which type the car was?”

“It was a german car, something with a V. I f I remember right, it’s called Volkswagen. No windows in the back but with the typical slide door at the side. The van looked old.”

“Hmm we need to get the serial number from that van. If you are out of the hospital you need to look at some car back in the department.” “Wait what? Hospital? Hyung I don’t need to go there.”

“Don’t joke around Daehyun. You have a bullet inside your shoulder and you will get that bullet out if this shoulder at the hospital. You will listen to what the doctor will tell you.” I jump up, wanting to object, but I totally forgot the paramedic. He, too, didn’t expect my sudden movement and suddenly put more pressure on my wound. And, , does that hurt. Out of shock the paramedic let go of the compress which fell to the ground. I feel how the blood runs down my arm and chest. I got on my knees groaning and cringing at the pain. The paramedic recovers fast from his shock, get right next to me with a new compress pressed against my shoulder.

“Daehyung that wasn’t a favor I’m asking you, that is an order from your superior. Go with them and get that shoulder patch up.” I look up right into the serious face from my Hyung. His look has so much authority that I look back to the ground. I press out a small ‘okay’ through my teeth. The paramedic helps me stand up again and into the ambulance. I sit down on one of the beds and look back at Yongguk. He throws me one last look with a small smile before he turns around to do his work. The doors from the ambulance close and I feel hour the car get started. Oh how I hate hospitals. ___________________________________________________________________________

Youngjae PoV

I’m so dumb! Dumb, dumb, dumb, DUMB! How can I think that, as soon as I saw Hyun, I‘m save. I’m so ing dumb, that I’m really underestimates Lee Hwangmin. Sure I don’t really know him, I’m not that informed about those gangsters, but I really should have known that a guy like him never gave up. And now Hyun is hurt, of not dead because of me. I didn’t really saw how he was shot or if the bullet really hit him, everything happened so ing fast. I almost reached him, I was ready to jump the last meter into his arms, as suddenly something, or in this case, Jongdae, grabbed me from behind and pulled me back, away from Hyun. I was almost pulled into the car.

“NO! DAEHYUN HELP ME.” I scream as suddenly a loud sound was right next to my ear. The sound was so loud that my ear is still ringing. But the pulling back into a car or the ringing in my ear, all that doesn’t concern me. But the way how Hyun hold his shoulder, as soon as the gun shot came, awaken the pure horror. I reach my hand towards him, fighting against Jongdae grip, but the man is stronger, way stronger, than me. So in the end, Jongdae lift me up, like a package. I start screaming, I struggle against the tight grip around my, but the grip stays tight, I feel how tears running down my face and than darkness. I feel how the car start moving but that is all. I completely shut myself down. The arms around my torso vanish and I roll myself into a small ball, silently crying. Someone turns the small light on, but I don’t look up. The light is dim so you can’t see much. Someone knees in front of me and I try to make myself smaller.

“Youngjae, look up.” It is Hwangmin. I refuse his order, this guy don’t even use honorifics.

“Youngjae, come on boy, don’t anger me more. So be a good boy and look up.” Hwangmins voice has a little anger in it but I still refuse to look up. A sigh, than suddenly a hand is on the back of my head, grabbing a handful of my hair and my head got yank back so I have to look up. I wince at the pain and more tears run down my face. I reach with my hand towards the hand in my hair trying to loose the grip.

"Ahh I kind of missed your pretty face. Well my luck that I got you now and believe me boy when I say that I will kill everyone you know and love, if you ever run away from me. Your sorry add belongs to me now. From that one moment I saw your breathtaking photo, your whole beeing belongs to me." He tightens his grip on my hair a little more to give his word a better meaning. I wince at the pain by don't say a word. Hwangmin turns my head in every direction while he smirks. He seems to be satisfied with what he sees. Suddenly his face nears mine. My eyes widen as I realizes what he is doing. With every strength I have left an my body I try to fight against him, trying to push him away, trying to put some distance between me and him but he is way to strong. He is now so close to my face that I can smell his ing cologne, a little spicy with a hint of mint. It is a nice smell sadly the wrong person has it on. Unintentionally I have to think about Hyun and remembered that he was shot. New tears run down my face. Than, suddenly, a slap on my cheek. My face flies to the side.

“Stop thinking about him!” Hwangmin screams at me, his face pure red.

“You’re now mine.” He growls and than I have his lips on mine. I try to push him away immediately but he has an iron grip on me. My struggling even animates him more and he put more pressure in this forced kiss. He even my lips, asking for entrance but I press my lips together. He tries again but I don’t open my lips not even as he pulls on my hair. The pressure on my lips finally vanishes. I rub my lips with the back of my hand, rubbing away the terrible feeling. Hwangmin than grabs my hand pulling it away from my now red lips. My eyes must shown horror and frighten the way he is laughing now.

“Yes Youngjae, I love that face you’re making right now. It even turns me on a little.” He out his other hand on my cheek, caressing it a little. He caught the last tears that are running down my face before he gives me a second kiss only this time on my forehead. Again I try to push him away, which makes him laugh more.

“Oh my dear Youngjae, no worries you will get used to my touches soon.” . . . I don’t now how long the ride was. The whole ride Sungjun was on my right side while Hwangmin was on the phone doing his business. His hand was the whole time on my back o head caressing it from time to time. It doesn’t felt right or good, but sadly I couldn’t change it. I really wish I could just punch that man in his face and running away, but I am to much of a coward a not much of a fighter. It feels like hours as the car suddenly comes to a halt. Someone opens the door. Hwangmin men were the first one who left the car, before Hwangmin left it. Sungjun and Jongdae both grab each side of my arms and pull me out of the car too. It is late in the afternoon, the sun shines trough some high trees. I look around. We stand in front of a big mansion on an even bigger property. Around the mansion are only trees, or more like a whole forest. The possibility to run away shrunk to zero.

“Well Youngjae, this is my home and soon to be yours.” The whole group walks towards the door, Hwangin opens it and the inside is even bigger. I got the feeling I walk into a totally different world. The floor is made of a dark blue marble. The ceiling is high up with an expensive looking chandelier. The walls have a cold white color. Many sculptures stand in the entrance hall. All in all everything looks expensive but still really noble. His house doesn’t give out the feeling of a gangster boss or anything like that. More like a man who have money and want to show off. As I look around the hall and tall man, he wears that typical butler outfit you see in animes, dramas or movies. The man looks older as Hwangmin but not like a grandpa.

“Ah Yongnam, the man I just need right now.” The man, Yongnam, just bows. Than Hwangmin grabs after my arm and pulls me in front of him. I struggle against him. “This is Youngjae, he will now living with us. I want a room for him right next to mine.” The man just bows again and turns around to fulfill his task. Hwangmin turns to is man and give them the sign that they are now free to do whatever they wanted. The men bow to their boss and went out of the house. The only persons who stay are Sungjun and Jongdae. Both men went trough the right door. Hwangmin, who still holds my arm, went after them dragging me. The room is even bigger as the entrance hall but warmer. The floor is make out of wood and are in a light brown color while the wall is painted in a darker orange-brown color. In the middle of the room are a couch and some armchairs around a big table. At the left side inside the wall is a fireplace. A small fire is already set and warms the room a little. Left and right from the fireplace are bookshelves with to many books to count. Well at least I won’t get bored. Opposite from the fireplace at the wall is a big commode with many alcoholic drinks, I bet the most drinks are whiskeys or brandys. Here and there hangs a painting on the wall or big pictures from some families. All in all this room don’t look like a Korean home at all, more like those rooms from American families who are to rich. Jongdae and Sungjun sat already on the couch each with a drink in there hand. Hwangmin push me towards the couch. Jongdae and Sungjun already make some place for me but if they really think I would sat beside them, than there must be something wrong with there heads. I turn around and choose an armchair. In the meantime, Hwangmin is at the commode with the drinks and made himself one. He than turns to me, a soft but proud smile on his face.

“Youngjae, want a drink too? You look like you could use one.” I shake my head. I’m not much of a drinker. He looks at me for some second but shrug of his shoulders he walks towards me and sat down at the armrest of the armchair. He put his arm around my shoulder and presses me against himself. Hwangmin start a conversation with Jongdae and Sungjun, something about work. So I start to think about Hyun, hoping that he is okay and that Jongdae, yes I found out it was Jongdae who shot at him, didn’t hit any life-threatening part.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gosh I'm so sorry for the long wait >_< I hope you had fun reading the chapter ^^

Leave some comments what you think of that chapter. Tht would really make me happy^^