Chapter 14

Witness protection program

‚Oh Daehyun you are such an idiot.‘ those are the last thoughts of the young police officer as he watch after the young man. Daehyun want to kick his really hard right know. Why the heck couldn't he tell him the true? why did he have to tell him that bull? He wanted to make things better between them not worse. Daehyun let out a sigh. And again he hurt somebody with his words. With slow steps he walk behind the young man towards the office of his boss.

Youngjae was speechless. All that time this guy was playing with him and here he was wanting to forgive the man for lying to him. What does he even mean he get so emotional? That ing police officer doesn't even know what feelings are. Youngjae was mad, like really really mad. He knew that in his life he didn't had much fortunate moments, but he had really hoped that with daehyun it was different. But in the end it was only a wish. A dream.

Yongguk wasn't that much ahead of the other two, so he heard the conversation between them.‘ oh daehyun you idiot.‘ he shook his head disappointed at his partner. ‚ he made the same mistake like last time. Oh boy what should I do with you?‘ with that last thoughts he lead Youngjae and his partner towards the office of his boss.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*

"You want to do what?" Youngjae said in a loud voice.

"We want to put you in a witness protection program. Lee Hwangmin is a really dangerous man. And it is clear that he want you." The head police officer was calm.

"But a witness protection program? What about my family? I saw enough movies and series to know how something like that end." To say that Youngjae was furious was an understatement. First there was Hwangmin who ruined his life and now those police officers do the same.

"Of course we understand that you are worried about you family. We will guarantee the safety of them. But the most important thing now, is to get you out of Hwangmins area. Seoul is his city. He control the city. And now that you are out of his claws I don’t want to think what he will do." The chief was walking up and down behind his desk. Yongguk and Daehyun both lean against he wall next to the door. And Youngjae, he just felt strenghless. He sat down of the chair behind him. His whole life got ruined in not more than just 6-7 month. Who knows when he will see his parents again or Himcham.

‘Oh Himchan-hyung. Wait….’ "What about my friend? What about Himchan-hyung?"
"Who is that?"
"Kim Himchan, born 1990. He is my best friend. I am sure he searched for me." Yonnguk and Daehyun both look at each other as they head as the name was said. Yes those two knew who Kim Himchan was.


/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

5 month ago

‘Those ty police! Useless! All of them are useless! Won’t do they job right, saying that Youngjae maybe just run away. As if he would run away, no not my Youngjae!’ to say that Himchan was angry was only half true. For almost a month now was he searching for his best friend. He can’t just vanished. Once or twice in a week he went to the small police department in the area where Youngjae lived and asked for the boy. The police officers there always tell him that it was to soon to call the boy missing and that he maybe went to travel without telling him something. The worse thing they told him was that maybe Yongjae had enough and just run away. Himchan knew his best friend, he knew that Youngjae don’t just run away, not without telling him about it, or give him some hints that he was unhappy with his life here. Sure Himchan knew that his friend don’t have it always easy in his life. Yeah even Himchan believed his friend, as he once told him that he think that he was cursed. A first he wouldn’t believe it, something like curses don’t usually exist. But after all those years being friends with Youngjae teaches him better. What that boy had to go through wasn’t even funny anymore.

Here he was again, infront of the small police station. Himchan was sure that the officers inside had enough of his face, but that doesn’t matter to Himchan. He walked inside the station, and walked strait to the officer who he had talked with the first he went to the police. The policeman was facing the other side and on his phone, so Himchan waited patiently.

"No Mrs. Nam I’ve got no idea where Mimi could have run to…. Yes Mrs. Nam I’m sure that your Mimi will come back….. Mrs. Nam I really sure that nobody stole your Mimi…. Yeah Mrs. Nam I know who your husband is….Okay ….Yes… No of course not….Yes I will send you one of my best men to search for Mimi…Okay …. Yes… I hope you have a nice day Mrs. Nam." With a sigh the policeman turn back, putting his phone down.

"I can’t believe this. Such drama because of a cat." He was talking in a small voice, didn’t recognized that Himchan stood in front of his desk. He had his eyes closed as he lean back in his chair.

"Hey Jeongnam. Mrs. Nam lost her cat Mimi again. Could you drive to her and help her search?"
"Uhhh again?"
"Yeah again, and again she threatened again to call her brother, the chief, and tell him that we don’t do our job right."
"Okay I will go." The officer stood up with a sigh and some quiet curses on his lips.

"Aish what a day. If now that weird boy came, I give myself the bullet." He mumbles. Himchan had to smile sadly. He knew that he annoy the people around him, but what should he do than? He can’t sit down at home and doing nothing.

"Well officer I think your wife won’t be happy about it." Himchan said amused. The officer still didn’t open his eyes.


"Well my wife give a about what happen to me as long as she get her insurance money."


"Well that’s sad but that was not the reason I've came today. I want to report a missing person."


„ Ugh you’re the third person this month who want to report a person. Okay give me a moment I will get the papers you need to fill." All this time not once did the policeman look up. Himchan was surprised. If he has known that all he need to do is wait for a moment where the man in front of him had to be stressed enough he sure had waited for that. It didn't took long from the policeman to find the formulae and that was the moment when he looked up.


„ YOU?! YOU AGAIN? HOW OFTEN DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU, YOU HAVE TO WAIT SOME TIME BEFORE YOU CAN REPORT A PERSON AS MISSING! Mr. Kim I can understand that you’re worried about your friend. But we have rules. And no matter how often you cone to this station . We still can't do that."


„ But two weeks passed already. How long do I have to wait till I can report him as missing. Youngjae isn't a person who just vanished without a trace. It's just not him." Himchan told him with so much desperate in his voice that for a small second the policeman feel pity for him. The policeman stood up wanting to comfort the boy in front of him as his phone suddenly rings.


„Seoul police department. District Jung-gu. Officer Nam how can I help you. Ahh nae….. okay….a special force? Nae …. Yoo Youngjae file? Okay…"


‚what Youngjae file? He got a file by the police?‘ Himchan was shocked. His cute friend had already a file by the police and he never told him anything about it. Could the policeman officer Nam be right and Youngjae did run away in the end. ‚Ah ah no stop it Himchan. Youngjae isn't that kind of person you’re know him.‘


„…..what you send someone to get the file? Who? Special agent Bang Yongguk and special agent Jung Daehyun?" Officer Nam looked troubled. He looked at the boy in front of him for some seconds before his face literary shines.


„ …of course chief. I would be happy to gave those two the file about Too Youngjae. Nae…nae.. okay…" that ended the call and officer Nam put the phone down.


„Kim Himchan today is your lucky day. Today you can report your friend as missing…."Himchan opened his mouth, wanting to say something but one movement from the officers hand muted him „…. But not in this station. Soon two officers will come and it seems like they are interested in your friend. This is the perfect moment to talk to them don't you think….. and I finally got rid of you." Officer Nam didn't said the last part out.
„ So just sit down next to the entrance and wait. Okay boy." Officer Nam did that movement with his hand where your want to get rid of an insect or something annoying. Himchan wanted to say something but changed his mind in the last moment , turned around and walked towards the chair next to the entrance.

1 ½ hours later, Himchan almost fall asleep in the chair, the door opened and two young man enter the station. Both where very tall maybe the same high as Himchan himself. The slightly taller on had brown slightly curly hair which reach his eyes but was perfectly styled so the eyes wasn't blocking his sight. He wore a simply black t-shirt with dark blue jeans and white sneaker. His partner had blond hair neat cut but not styled. He too wore a simple black long sleeve shirt with a black washed out jeans and black sneaker. His left arm was inside of a shoulder bandage. Both guys look around the station. For a short moment their eyes fell on Himchan who sit there miserable as .


„ Good afternoon gentlemen we are the special agents Bang and Jung we look for officer Nam." the one with the curly hair said in a loud voice. Himchan woke up from his half sleeping, almost fall down from his chair, as he heard the loud voice booming trough the station. A small policeman stood up, he held his head low as he told the two that officer man was in the back getting the file from Yoo Youngjae. Just the moment as the small officer said those word officer Nam came back, in his arm the file of Youngjae.

 

"Ahh you must be the two agents Bang and Jung. I’m officer Nam." He put the file down on his desk.

 

"I’m special agent Bang Yongguk and this is my partner special agent Jung Daehyun. We are from the special force for serious crimes. The chief told us you got some information for us?" said the one with the curly hair. Himchan slowly stood up from his chair but didn’t move unsure what he should do. In his throughts everything was clear. As soon as those two agents came into this station he wanted to talk to them, telling him that his friend was missing, but now as he saw those two, felt how much authority these two got. Himchan wouldn’t said that he is cowed, but yeah okay he was cowed. He watched how the three officers talk with each other before the blonde grabbed the file. All three bowed at each other and the two special agents turn back to leave the station. Himchan followed them with his eyes. Himchan knew he only have one chance to talk to them so he got all his bravely together and as the two reached the door, he talked to them.

 

"Ah excuse me…" his voice quaver a little. Both policemen stopped. "… my name is Kim Himchan. It wasn’t my intention to listen to your conversation with officer Nam."

 

"And how can we help you?" the one with the curly hair asked.

 

"Ahh… it’s about Yoo Youngjae…" both agents got interested as they heard the name. "… well I’m his best friend and he is missing for 2 weeks now, I’m kind of worried that something happened to him."  Yongguk looked at his partner who just nodded. Daehyun recognized this man. He saw him often with Youngjae how they hang out together.

 

"Ahh yeah, the case Yoo Youngjae. Mr. Kim would you like to come with us to the department. We will explain everything to you there. And who knows maybe you can help us a little." Yongguk smiled at Himchan who returned the smile with a soft one. All three leave the small station. If Himchan would had look back he would saw how officer Nam did a happy dance around his desk, to happy to finally got rid of Himchan, while his coworkers watching him while shaking their heads.

 

To say that Himchan was demanding was an understatement. Back in the department Yongguk and Daehyun explained the situation. That Youngjae had contact to the most dangerous man in Seoul. And how he got kidnapped. Even Daehyun got on his knees apologize one hundred if not a thousand times that in the end it was his fault that Lee Hwangmin caught him. At first he was angry, angry at them for doing this to his dear friend, angry at Daehyun for not protecting him enough, angry at himself that he didn’t noticed the misery from his friend. Since that day Himchan went there everyday, after his lessons in the university or after his part time job, asking if they got any new information about Youngjae. Over the past 5 month the whole department work on the case of Yoo Youngjae, Himchan couldn’t stay at home and wait for the call that they got new information so he sat in the same room as Yongguk and Daehyun and watched them work. He helped them here and there by some questions. He even was the one who called Youngjae parents and explaining the situation of their son. They wanted to drive immediately to Seoul but Himchan could persuade them to stay at home, they could be in danger if they would come to Seoul. At first they didn’t wanted to listen but in the end, with the promise that Himchan will report to them weekly, they will stay at home.

 

_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_

 

1 month ago

 

Himchan walked into the department, he got two bags with food in one hand while he greets the policemen with the other hand. Here in the main department the officers were way friendlier as in the small station in Jung-gu.

 

"Ahh Himchan-Shii, Officer bang and Jung are back in their room. You got lucky they just got back 5 minutes ago." The young female officer smiled at him.

 

"Ah thank you officer Kim. He bowed at her and walked the typical way into the back of the department. He knocked at the door of Yongguk and Daehyun but nobody answered, he knocked a second time, again no answer. A little confused he pushed the door open. To his surprise the room was empty. He walked into the empty room and put the bags on the table. He looked around. No matter how often he walked into that room, everytime he was fascinated. On the north side was the big screen. In the west was a small bed with a thin blanket and a small pillow for long nights. In the middle a big table for maybe 15 people. On the east side hang pictures from Lee Hwangmin and his gang and a picture from Youngjae. Himchan walked toward the picture wall.

"Oh Youngjae where are you? What are you doing?" the door opened again but Himchan didn’t noticed it, to deep in his worries about his friend.

Yongguk and Daehyun came into the room and were surprised to see Himchan that early. Yongguk walked behind the boy, put his hand on Himchans shoulder, giving a little support.

"Don’t worry, we will find him and he will be fine." Yongguks voice was soft and calm. Himchan turned his head looking at the man behind him.

"I know I trust you two." He smiled a little but still a single teardrop run down his cheek.  Yongguk saw the single tear and catched it with his thumb. Himchan was surprised from the soft touch while Yongguks eyes went soft.

"We will find him, I promise you that."

Daehyun watched them with sorrow in his eyes. He felt bad. It was his fault that Himchan missed his friend like that, his guilty feeling eating him from  the inside.

Yongguk looked at the boy for another minute before he let go and went back to the table. He saw the two bags with the food.

"Himchan-shii how often do we have to tell you. You don’t need to get us food."

"But this is the only way I can be helpful for you. And I want to help you. And if I have to get you food everyday it doesn’t matter to me.  So you got anything knew? It was the first time this room was empty." All three sat down on the table, Himchan hand out the food. They start eating.

"Ah yeah. We finally got a clue about Lee Hwangmin, sadly nothing about Youngjae. Hwangmin go into a club every weekend. Youngjae is not with him, but a young woman."

"A young woman? What woman would be with that man, out of her free will."

"Oh Himchan-shii you would be surprised, what woman do for money. And if they have to with a mafia boss or anything like that. In the end only the money matters. But who knows, maybe she is a victim too and have to be with him or she will be killed" Yongguk said in a calm voice.

"Wait if Hwangmin was seen with a woman, what about Youngjae? Is he dead? Was Hwangmin bored of him and got rid of him? Are you telling me that MY BEST FRIEND IS DEAD?!" Himchans thoughts were running wild. Images of a dead Youngjae pop up in his head. It drove him crazy. Tears run down his face, he was totally hysteric. Himchan behavior shocked both agents. Yongguk jump up and sprinted towards the boy.

"Shh no Himchan, that not what we said. Youngjae is still alive. We didn’t find any dead bodys." Yongguk tried to calm the boy down but his words only made the boy cry harder. He loocked at Daehyun desperately but his partner was to deep in his throughts to react. Himchan words frightend him. He didn’t want to believe that maybe his word were true and Hwangmin was bored of the boy and got rid of him. And the guilt start to eat him again. Yongguk was overwhelmed with the situation. He didn’t know what to do. He looked down at Himchan, who cried his eyes out. With a sigh he put his arms around the boy and hugged him, patting his back and whispered encouraging words in his ears. Anything to calm the boy down. At first Himchan fight against the hug but in the end he slumped against the warm body and cried against his shoulder till her calm down a little. It took him almost a hour to calm down, but as Yongguk heard that the wailing turned into sniffs he sigh relieved. He wanted to let go of the boy, but Himchan tightened his grip.

"No don’t let go yet, please let me stay like this a little longer." Himchan mumbled into Yongguks shoulder. It took another hour for Himchan to let go of Yongguk.

"You okay Himchan-shii?" Himchan just nodded.

"Thank you, I’m fine now." He smiled a little. He cleared his throat. His outburst was a little embarrassed for him now thathe think about it. Usually he had his feeling, his emotion under control. But the thought of his beast friend dead was to much for him. Yongguk smiled back at him.

"Himchan, thank you for the food, but you look tired. You should go home and rest a little. I will inform you if anything new happened in this case." Himchan shake his head.

"No I’m fine. I will stay here, I get crazy at home. If I stay here my thoughts are occupied. Please let me stay here." Himchan plead at the man. Yongguk sigh.

"Haah, okay but you need to rest a little, use the bed and lay down, Daehyun and I will stay in the room." Himchan wanted to protest but one stern look from the agent muted him. With his head hanging low he walked towards the small bed and lay down. It didn’t took long and Himchan was sleeping a dreamless sleep. Yongguk looked a last time at the poor boy before he took care of his partner, whoes self-pity was eating him alive.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Present

 

Yongguk took a step forward.

"Don’t worry Youngjae-shii, Himchan-shii is sleeping in one of our room." A big relieve was seen on Youngjaes face.

"So he is safe?"

"Of course he his, why shouldn’t he be?" the head policeman was confused.

"What you didn’t know? Hwangmin know that Himchan-hyung is my best friend, he know how he looks like."

"WHAT?!" Yongguk screamed.

 

_________________________________________________________________________

Oh I finally did it the next chapter, I hope you hat fun reading it. Now we know how Himchan felt the whole time since his dear friend went missing. Again I'm sorry for any grammer mistakes.

till next time *wink*