Chapter 12

Witness protection program

Daehyun P.o.V.


I don’t know how long I lay like that but as it suddenly ring at my door I just realize that it is already dark outside. I got up from the couch, wincing at the small throbbing pain from my shoulder. It ring again. I start walking towards the door. The ringing turns into a wild knocking, it’s kind of annoying. I look through the peephole on my door. I smile a little. This guy. I open the door and a plastic bag got pushes into my face. Behind the bag is a smiling Yongguk hyung. I accept the bag and look inside. Several small snacks are inside, from Pocky to potato chips.


“Hyung what is that?” I look back at Yongguk.


“That are ‘get better snacks’. So you heal faster.”


“But Hyung that are all snacks, no vitamins or anything what is healthy.”


“Daehyun we both know that you won’t get better with healthy stuff. I even got your favorite.” Yongguk lift his other arm with a second bag. Inside is a cakebox from our favorite cake shop. I start laughing and step to the side to let him inside.


“You’re impossible Hyung.”


“I know.”Yongguk smiles. Yongguk sit down on the couch while I got into the kitchen getting two plates, two forks.


“Hyung you want something to drink?”


“Do you got some beer?”


“Again Hyung? If you drink every night, you will turn into an alcoholic.”


“Gosh Daehyun get the beer and shut up! You sound like my mother or the wife that I never have. And If I can remind you, you are the one with the beer inside his fridge not me” I laugh at the annoyed sound of Hyungs voice.
“But Hyung I only buy the beer because of you.”


“Yah, stop talking back to your Hyung and get the beer your ungrateful brat.” I laugh again, grabbing two beer from the fridge and wall into the room. Yongguk Hyung got the cake out of the box and he was right it is our favorite. Or more like my favorite. Yongguk got 2 big slices of his favorite creamy but fluffy cheesecake. 


“Hyung you are the best.”


“Hehe I know.” Yongguk laughs while getting red. And like that the evening turns into the night. One beer turns into 2 and two into 3 and so on. Sometime after midnight  Yongguk Hyung lays on the ground in front of the couch while I lay on the couch.


“So Daehyun? What about the guy? What was his name? Younghae? Yongjung? Aish whatever his name was.”  
“Hyung his name is Youngjae. But what do you mean?”


“Well remember your last undercover mission. What was her name? Well not important. You had to seduce her and got a little to close in the end she is now behind bars and you had a broken heart for several month. I don’t  want to see that again, my best friend heartbroken because of a girl who played with your heart only this time heartbroken because of a boy.” The happy mood vanish like it was never there.


“ Hyung her name was Yuri and she was a professional killer. I was just too young and fresh into the work for me to handle her. Now I’m much wiser and now what I have to keep in mind so I won’t fail a second time. So don’t worry Youngjae is just a boy, a boy who needs our help because Lee Hwangmin and his men have him now. Who knows what he will do with him. I only know one thing he was ing scared as he called me this morning and I swear I will get out of his hands and if it’s the last thing I will do.” I tell this words with so much determination. I look down at Yongguk whose eyes got big. Slowly a grin crawl on his face.


“Wow Daehyun, those words now fill me up with so much proud. I have to say those words are truly spoken from a police officer.”  I smile at him.


“A police officer with a tiny crush on a boy.” Yongguk laughs. The smile on my face turns into a growl. I grab a pillow from the couch and start hitting the man on the ground. He only laughs lauder while shielding his face with his hands.


>Several month later<


3rd person PoV


4pm; Main police department Seoul, Yongguk and his men sat inside the conference room. A power point presentation of the current mission: Lee Hwangmin.


The head police officer Kim Jongjin, a 46 years old man, tall with short dark brown hair and many wrinkles around his brown eyes. He wears a typical light blue dress shirt the first buttons open, dark blue dress pants and black dress shoes. His black tie hang over his chair in his office.


“Okay guys the observation team was following target A for some time now,  officer Lee Woohyung the captian of the team, please explain what your men discovered so far.” A men maybe in his mid 30th, a little smaller as the mead police officer, black short hair and almost black eyes well build, in a typical black suit, standing up fast.


“Yes, sir.” Woohyung walks in infront of the long table. “My team and I observate Lee hwangmin and his men a while now. Till now we never could see his business with other criminals or anything like that. Lee Hwangmin tried to build a business in Busan once, but his business partner in Busan broke all connection with him very fast. We got in contact with the Busan state police and they told us that Lee Hwangmin wanted to build a big underground drug business there, but failed because of the Busan underground groups who doesn’t want him any near their streets. Since than he and Kim Mungjin the head if the Busan underground are in kind of like a war. The Busan state police promised us to keep us up to date. Another information we got is that recently Lee Hwangmin visit a night club with the name ‘Wild Dreams’. It a club for all rich people in Seoul no matter if the money is legal or illegal. For the past 3 month Lee Hwangmin went there every weekend with a female company. We don’t know nothing about her. Her face doesn’t show any information in the world wide databank. She is completely mystery to us all.”


A picture of the mystery women appeared on the presentation behind Woohyung. The photo shows Lee Hwangmin, standing infront of his black car, a BMW 340i, right next to him the tall woman with long wavy light brown hair, a short red dress that stops right under her and black high heels. The stranges thing about her is the collar with  He is holding her hand, helping her out of the car. The quality of the picture was not the best so her face is kind of blurry but you sure know that she is a beauty. Several other pictures of Lee Hwangmin and his mysterious companion are shown next to the one with the car. In each photo the woman wears a different short dresses but you never see her without the collar.


“Is there a reason she got a collar around her neck?” one of Yongguks men ask. Daehyun turns his head towards the man, a kind of confused look on his face.


“We think that Lee Hwangmin And this woman are in kind of in a relationship. Who knows, maybe they got a weird or something like that.” Woohyung explained.

Daehyun confused look didn’t vanished completely. Head officer Kim stand up again, walking next to Woohyung, who bows at him and sit down on his chair again.


“Tonight we will start operation Hawkeye,”  the whole room has to suppress their laugh.


The presentation was finally over after 4 more hours. Head officer Kim was explaining every step into each detail, sadly Yongguk and his team weren’t part in the main operation. The possibility to get recognized was to high. They watch the from the main department and gave tips over the small earpiece every officer have in his ear. It was in the middle of the operation, some officer were at the bar drinking and talking to people. Yongguk and Daehyun soon ignore they awkward ways of flirting, that somehow works with the women. Some other officer were dancing. The time run and nothing happens. Next to Yongguk and Daehyun were many coffee cups and instant food. Yongguk lean back into is chair.


“Daehyun what do you think. Will Hwangmin be there tonight?"

But Daehyun didn't listen to Yongguk. He looked at the screen infront of him and was deep in thoughts. The think about the boy, Youngjae. How he is doing or if he still is alive. He blames himself every night that it was his fault that the boy is now in the hands of this er Lee. He just had to take a step forward and grab the boy and he would be safe. But no he was to stunned from the smile the boy gave him as he almost run over the crossing. That smile was so sweet and pure. More and more thoughts like that run through the man's mind as a hand suddenly touch his shoulders. Daehyun jumped a little from the touch. 


"Daehyun?" Yongguk's voice shows concern. 


"I'm okay Hyung." Dragging run his hands over his face, try to rub his trouble and stress away. 


"You still think about that boy right?" Yongguk said softly.


"Hyung we had talked about that already." That true they really talked about that matter  many of times already. Almost every night Daehyun drunk so much that he passed out on his couch. He wanted to drown his guilt in alcohol and every morning Yongguk found him on his couch passed out with dried tears on his face. (Yongguk got the spare  key from his flat after they little party with the cheesecake.) Yongguk even plead his friend to see the police psychologist but aehyun refused saying that he was alright and that his second fails mission just showed him that he need to work harder. He didn't even know why this drag him so down. Daehyun was sure that he got no serious feelings for the boy. 


"DAEHYUN!" the loud shout from his friend pulls him out of his thoughts again.


" Okay I have enough. I was really patient with you for a long time, but you can live your life like that. I know your feel guilty and everything but please go see a Dr. Park or forget the boy. It was not your fault that the boy got captured from the er and we did everything we can to find him. But don't forget that you are still a police officer and that we are on a mission right now. And our mission is to get that Lee Hwangmin behind some metallic bars. So please I ask you now like a friend stop it, please stop it."

Daehyun looked at his Hyung who got a pained look on his face. For a long time nobody said anything. Yongguk looked at Daehyun while said man just looked down. Than Daehyun finally lifted his face. His eyes showed now more focus.


"Yeah you're right. I'm sorry Hyung. I really should forget him and focus more on my job." Yongguk wanted to say something but a voice from their pc speakers interrupted him.


"Lee Hwangmin and his men could flee but we got a someone. We got the woman. We got Lee Hwangmins girl." It was Woohyungs voice. Both Yongguk and Daehyun turned their head towards the screen. It was true. They missed the whole scenario because of their little argument.


>Some hours later.<

The empty police department was now full. Full of people from the club. Some were just normal people who enjoyed a little party other were small gangster groups. Yongguk and Daehyun had all hands full of work getting the identifications from some people. (After they saw that the few police officer, who came back from the club, had some trouble they immediately start helping them. Yongguk was talking  a young woman, fresh 20 years old, wanting to celebrate her birthday with some friend at the club. While Daehyun got someone from a small gangster group. A young man, 25  years old, he was a little drunk and Daehyun had his trouble with him as suddenly someone called after them.


"Officer Bang? Officer Jung? Officer Kim asked for you." Both men looked up from their desk, both a puzzled look. The two stand up as soon as two officer went to them to take their place. The officer who had called them lead them to the small room right next to the interrogation room where officer Kim was.


"You called us chief?" Yongguk said. 


"Yeah. We found something really interesting. But look for yourself." Officer Kim pointed of the window in front of him where you can see the room. Behind the glass Sat three people. Two men, officer Kim Namjin and his partner Park Heokjin , and a woman. She wore a short black dress with high heels. She got a jacket around her shoulders. The woman had her face down so Yongguk and Daehyun didn't saw her face. The strange thing about her is her shirt hair. Daehyun remembered that in the picture she had long and wavy hair. 


"Chief I don't understand." This time Daehyun was the one who speaked. 


"Officer Jung I wand to congratulate you for beeing back as an undercover agent for a new Mission." This made Daehyun more confused. 


"Officer Jung just walk into that room and see for yourself what I mean with my words." Officer Kim was now smiling slightly nodding towards the room. Still unsure what his horseman he walked out of the room, Yongguk follows him. In front of the door stoped not opening the door. He took a deep breath and opend the door fast. 
__________________________________________________________
>Inside the interrogation room some minutes ago<


Both officers called for officer Bang and Jung. Youngjae was confused. He don't know those names so why are those guys called. Some minutes passes and nothing happens as suddenly and with a loud sound the door behind Youngjae got pushed open. The sound was so loud that Youngjae jump up out of surprise letting out a small scream. He jump around the table and hiding behind the two police officers. Youngjae slowly look up but he didn't believe what he saw.
___________________________________________________________

Daehyun was so nervous that he pushed the door open with to much force. The door opend with a loud sound which startled the woman in the room. She jumped up screaming a little out of surprise and hide behind Namjin and and his partner. But after she lifted her head Daehyun didn't believe what he saw.


"Hyun?"


"Youngjae?"

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yey a new chapter. And finally Daehyun and Youngjae are back together more or less. So well it's seems like that i finally reach the point of my story wher it finally beginns....... gosh that sure took long. I hope that still up to this chapter I didn't bore you guys too much.

And thank you for subscribing to my story. everytime i see that some new read this story, I just feel so happy. the same with the comments all of them made me really happy^^.

so enough rubbish from me I hope you had fun reading this chapter and till next chapter^^(and as always i'm sorry for every mistake i made V_V)