Chapter 1

Witness protection program

And here I was again, sitting on the same chair, in front of the same person, in the same room because of the same reason. A clicking sound let me jump up in my seat. The man had a pen in his left hand and tap it against the table let it click several times. I know that he never write with it, he always has a small notebook. Ahhh why do I have to be always in the wrong place at the wrong time. It just like last time, and the time before and the time before that time. I wouldn’t say that I’m unlucky, but I just must to be unlucky. Hanging my head a little lower I sigh. No, you won’t cry in front of this man, he must already think that you are pathetic sitting like a little pipsqueak. Oh how nice it would be to be at home, cooking some nice food and let the evening fade away. But no I just wanted to have the new episode of this magazine that I like to read. The man clear his throat which give me the feeling to just vanish from this spot. I looked up again and just stare at some beautiful dark brown eyes. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not gay, but I know that when I see some handsome people and Officer Nam Wonbin was one of them. I mean he is about 185cm tall, have dark brown piercing eyes and short black hair. He wear the typical police uniform with the emblem of the Seoul Police Department, S.P.D, on his right side of the chest. Right now he doesn’t wear his jacket, it must hang on his chair at his desk in the main hall together with his hat.

Oh that reminds me I never introduce myself. Hi my name is…..

“So Young man let’s start this. Name?….” I open my mouth to answer him, but Officer Nam is faster.

“Yoo Youngjae.” Ah yeah there you have a name to my voice.

“Age? 23, born on January 24th. ? Male. Occupation? Drop out of university, at the moment unemployed.” I cringe at the last part. Geez no need to write that down. It’s not my fault that I don’t have money to pay the fee.

“District? Jung-gu. Did I forget anything? I don’t think so. Well Yoo-shi you now what to do. Please tell me everything you saw at the store. You know lying will only be punished.” I nod. Oh you must wonder why I’m at the police department. Well easy explained. I’m a witness from a crime. But nothing big just a small shop lift. But like always I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Oh and how Officer Nam knew everything about me? Well let’s just say, this is nor my first time here, ehehehe.

I take a deep breath, wanting to be strong in front of Officer Nam, but the it soon left me. I just look down at my lap and playing nervous with my fingers.

“It was early in the afternoon, maybe 03:00 pm. I went into the store wanting to buy some magazine and maybe something to eat. It doesn’t took long before I got what I wanted. I went to the cashier, paid up and went towards exit. On my way out I bumped into a man. I didn’t look up and whispered a small sorry. He didn’t respond but I didn’t care. Outside I count the change the cashier gave me. It was to much so I went back inside. Well this was my first mistake. Inside stood the man I bumped into in front of the cashier. I couldn’t see the face of the man, he wore a ski mask. But what I saw was the gun, which pointed at the poor cashier face. Both turned to me as the jingle of the door signalled my entrance. I looked shocked at both the man and the gun before my glance went towards the cashier. It didn’t took many seconds and the man came towards me. Well I’m not suicidal so I took one step to the left at the same moment as he man took one to the right. I went to the other side again at the same time as the man. I could feel how he got angry. But I swear to god that I didn’t even did that on purpose. The same thing happens some more until the man was so angry that he pointed the gun right in my face.

“One more step and I will blow your little brain with this gun out of you head!”

He exactly said those words, but before I could react a dull sound could be heard from behind the man. It didn’t took long and the man fall down on the ground. Behind him stood the cashier with a pan in his hands. Well I always knew that those pans are not only useful for cooking.”


 

Well that was my story I witnessed. Officer Nam wrote everything down.

“Anything else I need to know Yoo-shii?”

“No nothing Sir.”

“Well okay, than this was everything I needed to know.” he closed his notebook and we both stood up. I took my coat from the chair while Officer Nam was already at the door, holding it open for me. Outside of the room was a corridor. To the right was the room of the chief of the police department. To the left was the door for the main hall. Officer goes the left way and I follow him with fast but small steps. Inside of the main hall are many desks just like in the dramas on TV. I see how officer Nam goes to his desk to put down the notebook. Well time to go home. I put on my coat and scarf and go outside.

“Ahh Yoo-shii? Please wait a moment.” I stopped and turned around confused. Jogging towards me was Officer Nam with a small plastic bag in his right hand.

“Well the case is closed thanks to you. So I believe those are not an evidence anymore. So you can have it back.” Inside the bag are the magazine and a sandwich I bought and a small bottle water. But I never bought one.

“Youngjae I know that your life is not easy. I mean I got the feeling that I know you more more each time you sitting in front of me. I know this isn’t much, but see it as a small thank you from me, for all the hard work you do.” I don’t know what I should say. Okay I Don’t talk much in my life, but I right now I want to say something to Officer Nam. But the only thing I’ve so is bowing. I ing bow towards the man and murmur a small thank you. I feel how the tears sting in my eyes “Oh and another thing. Youngjae please be careful on your way home. It’s getting dark outside and a young man like you is an easy victim. So go straight home okay.” Officer Nam have a serious face which still shows some concern.

“Okay Officer Nam.” I show him a small smile. The plastic bag in my left hand crackles a little with every movement I make as I walk towards the underground station. I fish my phone out of my pocket. No missed calls and no missed messages. Well who would call or write me? There is nobody that I know. Okay that’s not quite right. I’ve got one friend. But he is at work right now, so he don’t have time to call me or write me. Oh how I wish I could talk to him right now. I let out a sigh. Walk down the stairs and got into the safety area of the station. I got my ticket out of my wallet and scanned it against the walkthrough. I turned left and follow the sign till I got to my train. I look again on my watch 05:45pm well all in all it almost took two hours and my train will take 5 more minutes till it will arrive. Oh how I hate this day. Everything what I do, went wrong. It started in the morning. I wanted to take a shower. I was happy to take a hot shower and the first thing that touch my skin was ice cold water. Not only that. It surprised me so much that I slipped at whatever and bumped knee against the toilet. So instead of a hot and pleasurable shower, I got an ice cold shower with a little pain on my right knee, than I got no luck at finding a job. Either I was not skilled enough or they didn’t like my face. But I don’t look that bad. Okay I really don’t care what cloths I wear. To much stress in the morning and I got a simple haircut nothing special. I don’t even have colour in my hair. Well all in all my life . And it all started at the point as my parents decided it’s time for me to stand on my own legs. To go working and start earning my own money. Sadly they somehow got the order wrong. They just can’t kick me out if I still got no job to earn said money. But somehow my parents and I got the resolution that they will pay for the rent till I got a job and give me some money to buy something to eat…….sometimes I don’t understand my own family. Wouldn’t it be better to let me stay at home? I mean it could safe money. But my parents refused to let me come back. They even got all my things out of the room to make a hobby room out of it. Well what happened can’t be changed. Time to change my thoughts to something more enjoyable. Hmm Hyung was still working. Oh that lucky person. He got a job at his first job interview. It was just a part time job, but it was enough to pay the fee at the university. Oh I miss the time at the university. The I met my now best friend. Hmm did I got time to tell this story? I look at my phone 05:50pm. Yep I got some time. Well it happens two years ago…..


 

‘Two years ago’


 

“Next please!” says a masculine but somehow still feminine voice behind the food counter. It is still not my turn, so I got enough time to choose a menu that I could eat.

“Menu A or B? Hotpot or cold pasta?” I murmur still unsure what to take. I am a freshman so I don’t know if the food from the canteen will even taste good.

“Take menu C. There nothing in there what could be ruined by them. And believe me when I say that they even try to ruin the food on purpose.” I jumped a little at the sudden voice behind me. I turn around, wanting to make sure that the vice was talking to me. Behind me stand a handsome young man. He was a little taller than me and looks a little older too. He smiles at me and give me a quick nod, a sign that he was really talking to me. I thank him with a quiet thank you and a small bow. It was finally my turn.”

“Menu C please, Bibimbab.” a give the lady a small smile. She put a big spoon on a plate and give it to me. Well I may not look like Bibimbap but it smells like it. I walk to an empty table and start eating. It doesn’t taste weird, what is a good sign, but it isn’t really good. Well seems like it’s time to bring my own lunch from home.

“Wow, I will take everything back what I said in the line. This time they really managed to ruin an easy dish like Bibimbap. Kind of sad, right?” the young man from the line just sat in front of me, a big grin on his lips.

“Oh I hope you got no problem with me sitting here.”

“Well the table is big enough, so shy should I have a problem with it?”

“Oh I knew it, you will be a funny guy. By the way, the name is Himchan, Kin Himchan, 25 years old, major music and art.” Well it is rude to not say my own name after he introduced himself.

“Yoo Youngjae, 21 years old, freshman, major music and English language. It’s nice to meet you Himchan-shii.”

“Oh please not so formal. Well...hmmm. Just call me Hyung, in the end I’m older as you.”

“Himchan….hyung?” I’m tasting the sound from my lips. It sure was weird, not bad, but still weird. But nothing what I can get used to.

“Well Youngjae, let’s eat this thing what they called food.” and we both start eating, sometimes talking a little, but most of the time it was Himchan…..hyung who was talking.


 


 

‘present time’

“Please stay back, a train is approaching.” the mechanical voice says as my train finally come. Just at the right moment. I slowly get hungry. At first a let the people get out of the train before I squeeze my self inside. The ride don’t take long and it was time to get out of the train. Oh finally some fresh air. I walk towards the safety area hold by ticket again at the scanner at the walkthrough and go upstairs again.

 

________________________________________________________________________________

Oh my god, thank you guys for already 18 subscribers, it really makes me happy. \^o^/

well yeah here was the first chapter I know it noch much. But no worries with the next chapter there will be more.

I hope there are not that many mistakes. I still look for someone who could help me with the grammatical. Sadly englsih is not my native language but I try my best to write in my best englsih ^^

 

and again  thank you for these 18 subscribers already  you guys really made me happy