Another crush?

A florist and a programmer

// author's note:

 

...well I've been bad at time management, these past few weeks.

 

It's Monday, 6am, and I'm eating breakfast, all while hurriedly Trying to put out a chapter that was already slated for release on Saturday, with my uncut Wolverine nails.

Sorry about the delay, I've had a lot of stuff going on recently: from holidays to doctor's appointments, you name it.

 

And then, on Sunday, when I planned to release it, but then guess what: I end up wandering off to do other stuff!

 

Sorry, I'll try harder this week.

 

Nasir.

 

//

"Push left",  Taeyong instinctively called, in analysis of the enemy's positioning.

"Another genji main? Taehyung questioned, doing his best to seem tired of the fact.

Obliging, he rushed his character down the virtual lane, in order to protect the objective.

He clicked away at his mouse, managing the enemy health with a neon purple beam.

Careful, we have a raven flanking", He warned.

"No problems.

Taeyong momentarily ceased speaking, as an act of concentration.

Hey Taehyung...

Did you do Ms im's homework?"


Tae glanced breifly at the stack of papers on his desk before answering the question.

"Yeah, I should have.

Is that the homework, on top of my other desk?

Eh, doesn't matter: I'm pretty sure it's done, anyway.

It should be around here somewhere..."

Taehyung took a short moment to contemplate the lack of organisation in his room.

It was nice and wide, like most other rooms in Taehyung's house:  sporting a flashy and fancy computer computer setup, a dressing table with a Bauhaus lamp and assorted colonges, a separate desk for academic study, and most important of all, a king-sized bed, that Taehyung would pass out onto after another draining day at school.

Most spectacular of them all was the wardrobe: part walk in closet, part hypebeast hideout. Any piece of expensive clothing seemed to reside in Taehyung's wadrobe.

Be it formal or urban, grunge or progressive, business casual or Rockstar, if the price had triple figures, it'd be there.

Startlingly enough, all of this was a complete and utter mess.

Day in and day out, Taehyung's mother would have to remind him to 'pick his damn clothes off of the floor', to clear the plates from his room, and so on and so forth.

At this point, Tae had just embraced it, routinely cuddling up in his expensive mancave to play videogames.

There was something soothing, relaxing about forgetting events that had transpired that previous day or week, all in the name of online fun with friends.

And you can already tell he played *all the games, on his quadruple figure computer, all tricked out with neon lights on the keyboard and case[the main body of a desktop computer].

And in the middle of doing so, a notification popped up at the far right, bottom hand side of the screen, bringing Taehyung away from the heat of battle.

At a spawn point he risks his gaze away to the pop up, hastily reading it.

INCOMING VOICE CALL FROM: PARK JIMIN

He gazed at the time on his Windows bar(which read 2:53am), a little surprised at why his friend would call so late.

Jimin? what would he need, calling at this hour?

"Hey Taeyo,which was a fond nickname to tell the difference between the two taes, it's Jimin. Lemme find a place to go Afk[away from keyboard] and take this, ok?"

"Yeah, cool".

Taehyung does as he said, parking his pink mecha into the corner of the spawn point, and quickly opening the video call tab to answer it .

After clicking the green handset, and waiting a meager 4 seconds to connect, he finally says something, opening with "Hey, Jimin: what's up?"

The freind in question spends no time jumping to the point of the call, showing a mixed display of confusion and slight frustration.

"Well, maybe the fact that I'm now going to the movies on Saturday?!!"

"Aish, Taehyung expressed, sighing in his "what else could I do" tone, you said to ask her out, well I asked her out, ok?"

"Yeah, I did...but I didn't tell you to drag *me into this!"

"Well...you know how it is, Taehyung tried to explain, his reasoning more or less solid, I didn't want her to think it was a...you know, a *date".

"Wasn't that the point? Cos now if I come, one of us is gonna be the third wheel".

"Ah , yeah..."

"And since she doesn't really know you, she's gonna wanna talk to me more...-"

"-...Leaving me out. , didn't think about that".

"Hey! What u talking about?" Taeyong enquires, curious of the conversation.

"Err... It doesn't matter. I'll be back in a sec, Taeyong".

"Ok, you're hiding something, aren't you", Taeyong asked, sensing that Taehyung's diligence in trying to keep the two conversations linear.

"No... it's nothing, ok?"

"Hey Taehyung, you talking to Taeyong?" Jimin asks, catching wind of a separate conversation

"Yeah, you want him on the call?"

"Yeah, why not. No good reason to leave Taeyong out now, is there?"

"Ok, I'm inviting him now".

Taehyung clicked away at a few menus, and with some time (and some inevitable latency), The call became a three way call, and now everyone could hear everyone.

"Hey, Taeyong", Jimin greeted casually.

"Hey".

"What you two up to?"

"Nothing much really, just playing Overwatch. Say, what were you talking to Taehyung about?"

Tae himself winced a little, a little doubtful of whether Jimin should include Taeyong into this conversation or not: Was he really ready for any banter, for any possible shade?

But, as he had shown no objection, Jimin went ahead and told Taeyong about what had happened.

"Taehyung tried asking jennie out on a date: and now guess what, looks like I'm coming along too".


"What, did Taehyung not want her to know it's a date?"

Taeyong is too smart for his own damn good, Taehyung thought to himself, cursing his intelligence.

"Yup. And what I was telling him, is that chances are, he could become the third wheel."

"Ugh... isn't there something we can do?" Taehyung asks, a doubtful that his blunder can go uncorrected.

"Well, we could bring someone along, that way you won't be left out?" Jimin suggested.

"sounds like a plan.

Only problem is...who'd we invite?" 

"I...I could go", Taeyong Volunteers, coming to the realisation that his Saturday will consist mostly of school work and catch up with Korean drama, a routine that becomes bland over time.

"Perhaps...

No. We should probably invite another *female friend, even things out that way".

"Wouldn't that look like a double *date?' Taehyung questions, poking a little hole In Jimin's plan.

"Yeah, but...

It's just... convenient, you know?"

"Convenient?" Taehyung Questioned once again, a little unclear of what Jimin was talking about.

He was a little suspicious, considering that little by little, Jimin's tone had been becoming quieter and quieter. This was vastly out of character, considering the outwardly social and even sometimes loud personality that he possessed. This was suspicious.

"Jimin...you okay? You seem a little... quiet-"

"-Just let me get to the point. Let me tell you..." He cut Jimin off, a little stressed sounding.

"The reason I want to invite another girl is...- His voice de-escalates and then de-escalates again-...

Well, I like a girl".

Taeyong, at this point, exploded into his routine banter mode whenever something sensitive was revealed.

"For real?" He asked Jimin, confirming.

"Yeah".

"Damn, I thought you liked dudes".

"Taeyong?"

"Yeah, Taehyung?"

"Could you maybe shut the * up, for once? You have to remember, Jimin doesn't have moments like this, but when he does, they're big".

Taehyung's contrast between kind and command left Taeyong a little winded for words. He simply fell silent for a moment, and was rather compelled to do so.

"So...you like a girl, Jim?"

"...yeah... it's been a few weeks now, Jimin goes on to explain, soft in his words. I just can't stop...

Looking at her, you know?"

"Ah, trust me, I get what you mean.

There's a small and respectful silence between the two other freinds, in order to give Jimin some small thinking time.

So, ah... Who is she?"

"She's...

She's a grade above us.

She's tall, slender. Black hair(this part didn't even register, considering black and undyed hair was school policy), bangs, sorta".

"Bangs?... that's sounds like...s-"

"Seo Yuna", Taehyung completed, to finishing Taeyong's analytical 

"Y-yeah, that's her..." Jimin confirms, still shy in his words.

"Damn... upperclassmen Seo Yuna...

You're sure aiming high, aren't you, Chim Chim?", Taeyong remarked, a little taken aback.

 

Cue girl next door, 'she's so perfect', admiration montage.

With the upmost simplicity, Yuna was tall, graceful , well spoken and well kept: Her trim, curvy figure, as well as her healthy and revitalising smile, all helped to firmly illustrate this.

She wore minimal makeup, more less only doing her eyebrows and taking care of her skin; it shined in almost every light, giving her features a nice 'glowy' effect.

This was at Jimin's expensive, because now seeing her almost put him into cardiac arrest.

Layer this with the fact that her uniform complimented her curves almost perfectly, and you got one dead(metaphorically) jimin

"So...you bringing Yuna, then?"