Date, perhaps?

A florist and a programmer

A/N: I've been having a bad week, so decided to postpone this chapter about a week or so, just not feeling up for it.

 

But I'm not complaining.

We all have bad weeks, and there's probably a whole lot more where that came from.

 

I cried, unessecarily.

 

But I'm over my problems, in the pursuit of solutions.

 

Bear with me:

 

~N

 

 

 

Leather. Bad boy. Rogue. 

These were all words that'd never, in the history of ever, would ever be used to describe Taehyung.

But of course, Taehyung had no clue how to dress for a *date, so these were the only possible words to describe his demeanor.

Starting from the top, his hair was as usual, a bowlcut, although this time with a parting in the middle and in natural jet black.

He had ditched the glasses, his soft and well looked after face being exposed to the somewhat mild Seoul elements.

Below his Adam's apple rested a choker, a small black strip spanning around his neck, the key focus bring the small little buckle.

The neck, and a little of the upper chest and collarbone, were all out for eyes to see.

Why, you ask? It was all down to the wear he wore his shirt; it was white and blue patterned and comfy looking, like, say, one of those shirts you'd buy at Zara. He had ed the first two, letting the collar fly in the wind, and the buckle on his choker shine in the afternoon sun.

On top of that was a quadruple figure leather jacket, Yves style, black all over with epilettes,

Styled with some tight black pants and even blacker Chelsea boots.


Taehyung was out(pun intended), contrasted with that much needed white.

The protagonists sense of style aside, the rest of Seoul was pretty chill, it's residents setting into a cool Saturday afternoon, as the clock struck 1.

The autumn winds blew throughout the city streets, as if trying to usher out the heat of the previous summer months.

There was sunlight, but minimal- overcast by the autumn clouds.

It felt breezy, windy, a little chilly, but somewhat doable if u were in less layered clothing, such as a t-shirt or something.

Every now and again, Taehyung would catch the scent of street food on the wind, and, being that he hadn't eaten since early this morning, had to resist the urge to buy anything larger than a snack, or, too many snacks, in anticipation of his double date.

Taehyung sat in some unnamed square on an unnamed bench, simply watching the cars and commuters go by, occasionally entertaining the thought of what such destination they were headed to.

But then it hit him, as he nochalanthly looked down at his feet.

Whoa; am I overdressed?

Jennie's...not gonna think I'm... overdressed...is she?

Taehyung's calm expression shifted a little, and now he was his restless and anxious self.

...I can't unsee that now...

Am I overdressed?...

Did I overdo it??

There's not a dresscode, so I guess there shouldn't be anything to worry about-

An intrusive thought butts in, ruining Taehyung's train of thought.

*She's not gonna think I'm a boy, is she?!?!*


*She's gonna think I'm a boy.*

*At this point Taehyung is a little restless, anxious to check his appearance.*

Hastily, he pulls out his phone, simply looking at the black reflection.

*Ehh... I'm just exaggerating... aren't I? Surely I must be. Maybe... I'm biased...?


Hmmm... maybe I should ask someone for an opinion?

Hmmm...that sounds a little vain...

You know what... just to put this to rest, I'll go and ask someone.*

And that's what he did.

He scanned the urban, modern and marble square, looking for someone that wasn't in a hurry, wasn't going somewhere.

He looked a while longer, and then finally realized that someone like that had been under his nose.

Well, next to him, more specifically.


Ah woman, in a floral bomber jacket and turtle neck, sat right beside him on the bench. She held her rather pricey designer bag in anticipation, as if *she too was waiting for someone.

She was quite good looking too, and Taehyung would've approached earlier, if it wasn't for his little crush on Jennie.

She had long and smooth looking hair, with bangs that really looked good on her.

She wore a light smile, and a well kept complexion.


She looked... familiar, even.

*Do I know her from somewhere?

...eh, whatever, why not ask her anyways?*

"Uh, excuse me..." Taehyung started, leaning slightly in her direction.

Unassuming, the lady takes the only earbud out of her ears , to hear out his plea for attention.


"Hmm?"

"Ah, i-i uh...


...I don't look weird, do I?"

"Weird? What do you mean?" She answered in enquiry, almost as if she didn't speak Korean.

"Am I... overdressed? I'm meeting a girl in a few minutes (he checks by smoothly glancing over at his watch), and I'm not sure if-"


"Overdressed? For real? You look awesome!"

*"Awesome!"?..., Taehyung replayed the sentence, a little baffled.

"Awesome?"

"Yeah!,the girl confirmed, beginning to smile a little.

Hell, you look like you could be and idol!" She flattered further, leaving Taehyung a little red.

"Thanks, I guess", He replied, bashful.

"Hell, if I weren't here to meet another boy, I'd totally date you!"

Such forwardness and flattery at once was a little overwhelming for Taehyung, he flushed a little more, provocative a reaction from the lady sitting next to him.

"Aigoo, you're red, aren't you?!" She giggled, breaking out the widest and most innocent smile.

Taehyung joined in, his laughter a little less minimal.

"So, ah, haha, wh-who are you here with?"


The lady went onto describe: "Ah, it's this dreamboat...black, ruffled hair, dark eyes, that sorta thing..., Love written all over her face.

He goes to the same school as me, I think".

*Black, ruffled hair, dark eyes...

Is that...Jimin?*

"Ah, I see. He must be a real catch".

"Ah, no, this is our first date", she corrects, sounding a little excited at her words.

*Yo...that sounds a lot like Jimin...

Is it..?*

"Ah, I see. He asked you?"

This possibly familiar sounding lady went on to say "Y-yeah, he was , well he was sweet...", Again jumping a little at what she had just said, some pride and a little anxiety sticking to her tone and throat.

*Yep...

This must, be-*

"Oh, there he is!" She shouted out, excited, but a little confused.

He too looked down the near distant street to see.

Taehyung froze a little, realising who was standing next to him, if that was *Jimin?* In the distance.

*Seo...

Yuna?!*


"Wait, who's that with him?" Yuna Said aloud, her tone changing a little.

~*~

There was a lot going on at the time.

Let's start with Jimin: something in his style just screamed "I've had a thousand of these *dates* before".

He wore a casual shirt, a calm, navy blue, styled out with some simple black pants and vans.

To finish it off, he wore a loose fitting cardigan, which gave off the whole "cozy" vibe.

Furthermore, in contrast to the Jimin of yesterday he seemed chill, possibly even giving ice a run for it's money.

Walking with relative distance to the now visible Jennie, he looked easy going, a faint smile on his face.

On the note of Jennie, she also didn't get the note about dressing "punk".

*Well, at least I'm not the only one.

With Taehyung following behind, Yuna hurried over to Jimin, eager to check as to why this other female was with him.

"Hey... 

Jimin...

who's...this?" She points, a little rudely if anything.

"Ah, Hey, yuna...ah, this is Jennie, Taehyung's...ah...freind", he concludes, carefully picking the words.


"Oh, I see....sorry! - she adds, although without explaining that she had thought that Jimin was trying to pull two girls at the same time - i-i'm Yuna, Jimin's *date*.

"Ah, nice to meet you..." Jennie replies, a not so positive impression of Yuna already forming.

*, she thinks to herself, already beginning to dislike her.

Demonstrating, she swiftly moves onto Taehyung. 

She greets him with a smile.

"Hey".

"Hey", Taehyung replies, trying not to short circuit seeing his crush interact with him.

He waves weakly.


"You ok? You look a little tense", Jennie Questioned, a little concern brewing.


"Ah, Y-yeah, I'm fine.

Heh-heh...so I guess you went all punk, too, huh?" He replied, starting the stream of akward conversation.

Jennie smiles at him a little, noticing him goofily seclude his arms into his jacket sleeves.

 

 

 

 

The two endured a moment more of uncomfortable silence, before turning their eyes to the rather *compatible* looking pair beside them.

The aforementioned pair, Jimin and Yuna, seemed rather involved with one another, halfway into a conversation (of which Taehyung and Jennie were too far removed to comprehend), and about halfway into each others eyes.

Taehyung was somewhat happy with it, as seeing his best freind get some interaction with the person who made his usually loose lips and open heart tighten up like a miser's purse(I too have no clue what "miser" means, don't worry").

Jennie, on the other hand, wasn't seeing things in quite the same way.
Yuna had a prissy and overfeminine vibe to her, a *Baek vibe. And of course, with what had happened in the past few weeks, anything even so much as emulating* Baek was a sore subject. 

She tried her best not to outwardly show it, putting in her best efforts to conceal the resting face(which in this case was more judgemental, than y).

Jimin and Yuna separate from their conversation, bringing the other pair into the flow of things.

"Alright, Jimin started, assuming control of the situation.


...where to first?"


Taehyung scratches his head, glancing at his overexpensive watch.

It's almost 3...we should probably catch that movie.