I embarrassed myself

A florist and a programmer

"Mr Kim, outside for a moment, if you will".

Taehyung followed the teacher's instructions promptly, heading outside the class.

But not without his head and eyes that occupied, him finding that he had to valiantly crowbar them off of the new girl, like a child with a toy that the parents couldn't afford.

She took a seat, leaving view.

Moving out into​ the corridors, he took note of his moistening palms and heated collar, rushing himself to analyze the two.

What the...what the hell has gotten into me?

"Mr Kim. I thought I told you to-

Do I always feel this nervous? 

Mr Kim...

Is this me over-thinking again?

Maybe...but about what? There was hardly anything to over-thinking

Taehyung!" Mr Kim snapped, bringing the adolescent back from the grips of his mind palace.

He hadn't even had time to process the teacher walking out to talk to him.

"Uh?! Oh, sorry sir", He bowed, apologetic for his absent mindedness.

"I thought I told you to get rid of that hair dye".

"Hair dye? - the unnaturally light brown haired boy returned, reaching for the first one that hung off of his bowl cut forehead.

Oh...that hair dye.

Sorry sir, I have to wait until Friday to wash it out, otherwise my stylist said it could ruin my hair".

"That better not be an excuse, Kim Taehyung. 

It was. And a horrible one too. 

Mr Kim raised his eyebrows, toe tapping and lips firm.

He then darts his eyes back to the door of the class, remembering he had a class to teach.

He folds, accepting the excuse for the Nth time this week.

I want it gone by Monday, or you have a detention".

"Yes, sir".

"Oh, and are you alright? You look a little sweaty, a little uneased".

"Yeah sir, it's​ nothing".

It wasn't. Kim Taehyung was exploding inside.
And he had no Idea why.


"Good to hear. Now get in there" Mr Kim pointed to the door, gesturing the smaller one into the room.

He follows the prompt accordingly, wasting no time in returning to his seat and adjusting himself.

Whoa, what's happened to me?
Maybe it's...


Taehyung looks two seats to his right, seeing an artwork of skin, flesh and hair, finding itself fumbling for her books.

Jennie Kim, unbeknownst to him.

She had the most beautiful head, hair flowing long and free from it, Glowing in it's natural brown glory.

Her face was docile and somewhat bare looking, with hints toward natural looking makeup making themselves visible.

The features of it glowed, with it's attractive composition.

She wore the school uniform too, but with a somewhat loose and rebellious ed top button, accompanied by the eye narrowingly shorter skirt and default blazer.

Taehyung felt his inner courtly lover rise forth, bringing this sudden rush of chemicals and subsequent emotions.

But he promptly steeled himself, remembering his prior priorities.

"Don't look at other girls...you like seulgi, remember?

Oh yeah...I could probably talk to her at lunch.

Should i?

Am I able?

"Oh, class, hold on a moment. I almost forgot to introduce our new student, Jennie Kim".

Mr Kim quickly rose from the desk to his feet, pointing at the respective student.

She rose out of her own little desk in reciprocation, taking a quick little look around the room.

She finished her glance, briefly locking eyes with Taehyung and returning them to the front.

This made him gulp, his heart unwantingly leaping out of his chest.

"Annyeong, everyone... I'm Jennie Kim. Nice to meet you...

She spoke with a soft and delicate tone, the vibrations sounding like freshly washed bedsheets, softened with sweet smelling lavender and detergent.

I'm... I'm an exchange student from Australia, but my parents are Korean.I hope we can all get along..."

She bows, seating herself In conclusion.

"Ah, isn't she sweet!, Mr Kim commented with administration, making the usual pattern of being strict and no nonsense bittersweet.

Oh, but Jennie, your top button is undone".

"Oh, really? Sorry, sir".

She promptly responds to the teacher's prompt, fastening the plastic thread through the cotton needle.

She innocently perks her chest for a breifly breif moment, with Taehyung taking immediate notice.

Uh...why I am I...

She fastens it and returns to normal, but not before a microscopic gap between one of the secured buttons makes itself present to him.

Cotton.

Flesh.

what the...

Why am I looking-

Jennie turns her head.

Taehyung swings his head with the most intense speed possible, a few mph short of whiplash.

His heart leaps again, his stomach dropping.

 The boy tries his best to stare out of the window, focusing on trees, cars, whatever, just so that he could pretend that he wasn't peeping what he was.

.

A few moments pass, Mr Kim's teaching feeling like white noise.

Ok, coast is clear.

He looks back.

The ever so small opening was gone.

"Gosh, this damn eyesight..."

 

 

"Hey bud, you ok?", Taeyong asked, sitting right behind Taehyung.

Tae breifly turns, ignorant of his red face, and says:

"Yeah. Just feeling a little weird".


~*~

Lunch.

Lunch was a loud and hectic time, the cafeteria choc full of peckish students, wanting to get their "eat on" before the next few grueling hours of school.

There were tables everywhere(which were more like benches, than anything else), looking grey and dull in order to compliment the currently overcrowded hall.

Some students glided to and from the service area, all looking longingly at their newly reviewed meals, while others were more focused on socialising with their peers.

The scent of food lingered, it's vulgar combination of different types making distinguishing near impossible.


And walking in, the group of three stood at the entrance, observing a sight they'd seen time and time again.

The one in the middle​ was nervous and on edge, as usual.


"You okay, Taehyung? You've been looking a little off since English", Taeyong voiced, making his concerns known.

"Yeah, I'm fine".

There's an awkward silence between the trio.


"Oh, I know what it is, you have to talk to-"

Jimin gulps cartoonishly in panic, watching the person he was just about to mention walk by, unsuspecting and unaware.

Kim Taehyung froze in his boots, realising that his opportunity to talk to his crush was almost ruined by loose lips.

He shoots a horrified expression at Jimin, before returning to his firm observation.

Baek.

Baek was Taehyung's nth crush this academic year, with countless others proceeding her.

She had short, compliant hair, which stood with a peculiar stillness above her shoulders.

Her face was the stereotypical Korean girl, if you would. Her eyes had a strict epicanthial fold, giving off an attractive look when combined with her petitely curved nose and naturally full looking lips, bursting with redness and Life.

By comparison to other girls her age, she looked straight out of a plastic surgery picture, minus the plastic surgery.


Taehyung bulked up akwardly, sending himself over to the table Baek was approaching.

He took a quick look around the hall as her progressed through it, watching all the familiar names and faces, talk with distraction and buzz, uncaring and unknowing of what he was about to do.

The unnatural brunette steeled himself once more, with his heart beating a hole in his chest and his friends who were most likely observing.

She sat, unaware he was behind.

Oh god...
I feel weird now...

"Uh... H-hi", he managed, his words slipping and sliding.

"Hi", Baek coldly replied, trying to sound as conclusive as possible.

He threw himself back into akwardly ended conversation, starting with "uh, Baek, I was just wondering...


I, uh wanted to know if you ah-"

"Hey Baekie, who's this dork?" A voice came from opposite the table Baek was sitting at, which was clustered with girls that now all had eyes on Taehyung.

"I don't know. Looks like some weirdo".

The boy froze from that comment, unsure of how to react.

His crushes tone morphed, becoming a little more malicious sounding.

"Oh yeah! You're that kid who tried asking out Victoria!" Another female commented.

"Oh yeah, and mina!" *Another* voice piled on.


Oh , Taehyung said to himself, clenching up.


All of this commentary was followed up by:
"So what you come to do now, hit on Baek?"


It was a mere humble and irrational joke to Baek and her clique.

But to Taehyung, they were mocking a near future, a possible reality.

This mockery continued, throwing Taehyung further and further off his words.

"Ha, why you still here? You want something?"
Baek probed, growing impatient of Taehyung's  severe timidness.


His stomach began to rumble.

The voices began to fade and merge into one insulting siren.

Ah, ...what's that feeling?


The rumbling became more potent and winding.

He felt heat in his throat, an ambiguous liquid perhaps.

Oh .

,,,.


"Err B-Baek I have to g-go...


Taehyung tries bolting out of the situation, in precident of what may or may not be coming from his throat.

He ran toward the exit, covering his mouth as best as he coul-

Smack.

Next thing he knew, he was on the floor, tripped up by some foreign object on the floor.

Oh , what happened...

Taehyung finds his way to all fours, doing his best to assess what just happened, and how to get out of here.

But he freezes, winded even further by what he sees.


That girl.


That girl from his English class.


Jennie Kim.


In this newly created atmosphere of anticipation and dead silence(from his previous fall), the two looked each other in the eye, one looking out of concern and curiosity, while the other glares in a typical sense of enfatuation.

I - I'm sor-"

That hot liquid progressed into Taehyung's mouth.

Having his arms on the floor, all he could do is instinctually look dead at the floor, and quite akwardly open his mouth as it forced his way outward.

The liquid chunks came out akwardly, making the loudest and sloppiest sounds possible.

It stank horribly, too.


After the breif and embarrassing deed was done, Jennie would have been able to walk away in disgust, but ultimately relieved that she wasn't affected by this poorly boy.

Keyword: would.


Jennie looked down in horror, Kim Taehyung's breakfast lacing her shoes.