Rejected? Again?

A florist and a programmer

"again?" Taeyong asked with a tinge of hysteria, knowing that this was the second time.

The second tae, Taehyung, glared disappointingly at his lonely Instagram message, consisting of two akward feeling letters , accompanied by a heart dropping eye symbol below it.

He had found one of his school mates, or, less euphemistically, his crush.

He had reached out short and brief "Hi", before receiving a shallow and inhuman feeling "read yesterday, by scy_1246 at 7:01pm".


This was the 5th time he had tried to talk to a girl and they had either rejected him or straight out ignored him, sometimes even in person.

 

"Yeah. It seems like it, Taehyung replied, the feeling of rejection finally beginning to sink in.


Do you think it was something on my profile? I stayed up all night changing it".

"Maybe...or, maybe it's your approach?"

"Approach? What do you mean approach? All I said was hi!"

"Well... maybe she was older...?"

"Possibly...but baek is in our year, isn't she?"

"Honestly, I have no damn clue, taeyong concluded, taking his seat at his desk and opening his laptop.


...hey, I think she's in today. You should just talk to her then".

"I don't know...am I good enough? Will she even talk with me?"

"Only one way to find out".

"...mmm... you're right...maybe at lunch-"

"Ah, jimin-ah! There you are! Did you check out the code I sent to the group chat?" Taeyong interrupted, turning his attention to the other friend, who had just entered the room.

"Ugh...yeah, but there are a few bugs in it", Jimin started to explain as he approached the the two taes.

"Like what?"

"Loads of stuff, really- input errors, EOL errors, syntax errors-the works, really".

"Ah.... well, did you manage to fix some of them, at least?"

"I didn't have time- our teacher at night school pushed us even harder at night school last night.

Oh, Taehyung, that reminds me, how did messaging that girl go?"

Taeyong and Taehyung glared awkwardly at each other, before turning their attention back to Jimin.

"Not good", Taehyung sighed.

"...oh. well, what happened then?"

"She hasn't replied, and it's been a week. One whole week!" 

At this point, the main Tae's frustrations started to shine through his reserved exterior.

He felt like a courtly lover, constantly seeking love and attention.

But as most of you should know, there's a difference between feeling a certain way, and acting a certain way.

Kim Taehyung only felt like this because of his consecutively constant rejections.

This reality was slowly but surely beginning to slap him round the head like a scalding mother.


"Well...what about trying to talk to her at lunch?" 

"That's what I've been trying to say", Taeyong mentioned.

"I don't know...what if she ignores me then, too?"

"Well I doubt it, she's not going to just ignore you when you're talking right to her", Jimin answered, clearly being more rational that Taehyung.

"Jimin's right, Tae. If you really like her that much, try to talk to her".

"I'm not sure-"

"I think you're over-thinking this", Jimin argued.

"I'm not!, Taehyung outbursted, in response to the slight grin that had formed on his friends face after stating that.

I'm... I'm putting the exact amount of thought into this".

"Sounds like nervousness to me!" 

Jimin began to prance toward Taehyung, his smile widening as he poked his friend teasingly.

"Shut up!" 

Taehyung half stood out of his chair, punching his friend boisterously​.

Meanwhile all Taeyong began a chain reaction of giggles.

"Tae Tae oppa is all nervous!"

Taehyung hit Jimin again, sitting down, sulking.

Meanwhile​ the other two friends were struggling to keep their sides intact, given the babyish reaction they'd just gotten.

"Aish, you need to grow up a little", Taeyong concluded".

"Yeah, what's the point of a relationship if you're not mature enough?" Questioned Jimin, acting as a supplement to Taeyong 

"Yeah, whatever", Taehyung replied, secretly taking in the nugget of knowledge that was presented to him.

"Oh, yeah and-"

"Alright everyone, let's take our seats! I've a lot to get through in this next hour, so let's be quick!

The thirty-something Mr Kim marched into the class room, waving and signalling in a hasty manor.

He was usually like this, impatient and anxious to get the lesson under way.

He donned a gelled up and strategically angled hair style, looking like the front cover of Forbes magazine with his sleek and silver half glasses, accompanied by his business casual black waistcoat, accompanied by a signature white shirt, the collar most likely boasting some designer brand.

His shoes(as usual) looked the most expensive of his attire as a whole, showing off a shiny, brown and tanned leather.

Mr Kim also carried a tall and upright posture, oftentimes looking too upright; This was in addition to his neatly-ish trimmed stuble, sitting on the bottom half of his face.

He carried a large textbook, perhaps two, almost marching toward the desk and setting it down.

Taehyung, in addition to the Rest of the class, silenced themselves and stood at their chairs out of respect for the teacher.

Oh...you can all sit down, Mr Kim adds, almost as if he forgot that the whole class was there.

The class do as prompted, sitting down.

And with that, the stereotypical flow of Mr Kim's lesson began.

With him writing the date on the board.

With him ordering everyone to get out their textbooks and head to the nth page.

With him slowly but firmly logging into the school computer, and taking registration.

Ugh, history is a complete bore. Good thing I drank that coffee: for some reason, Mr Kim never takes kindly to "snoozers".

Ah! I almost forgot: the new exchange student is here.

Jennie Kim?, The teacher calls out, questioning whether the name he called was  correct.

Silence.

Is Jennie Kim here?

Nothing.

Jennie?

Still nothing.

Well, looks like I'll have to mark her as absent-"

"HERE!...HERE... I'M HERE...MR KIM..." erupted a voice as the door slammed open, an accompanying female figure looking fatigued and out of breath.


"Oh, come on in then: I was just about to mark you as late", The teacher replied, passive aggressive.

Taehyung watched Jennie maneuver from the door to her seat, red in the face and slightly​ tired.

For some reason, he couldn't take his eyes off of her.

His heart sank, possibly in response to this alien feeling in his palms.

Why...why do my hands feel clammy looking at her?