P.E.

A florist and a programmer

Not nearly a minute past mid-day, and the ominous, south korean sun had already began to beat down.

Apart from the low 30's heat, it was more or less a nice day out: the trim and freshly cut grass, greener than a dollar bill,  the clear blue skys, displaying it's array of oddly artistic looking clouds, hell, even the tree branches, swaying ambiently in the wind.

There was also the soft sounds of the wind, in potent combination with song birds and distant machinery alike.

Class 10a couldn't quite appreciate and/or savour such peace and tranquility, as their tidal wave of "social commotion"  washed over it, as they flooded out of the schools back doors and onto the field

Among the heard were best friends Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung, the latter of which already feeling minute beads of sweat grace his forehead.

To boot, there was a sway of wind and a pocket of heat moving through his shorts and shirt respectively, both soothing and aggravating at the same time.

"Aigoo... why'd it have to be so hot?" Tae whines, wiping his forehead.

"It's only...thirty two* degrees", Jimin comments, in the oh, tone.

Without saying much more, the two wander out onto the field alongside the rest of 10a, finding a nifty seat on a bench somewhere.

Jimin made a comment as he sat down and began tying a loose shoelace

"Aish, where's that lousy P.E. teacher?, How are you late to your *own lesson?" 

"Beats me...

Probably in the school somewhere, chatting up Mr Kim", Taehyung added, casually running a hand through his short lockes and sighing.

Jimin, content with the look of his now delicately tied laces, turns his attention to the surroundings, more specifically the group of rowdy students gathering.

He caught a brief glimpse of a familiar face.

"Whoa, he comments, nudging Taehyung upon noticing.

It's Jennie".


Qué an interlude of silence, and Taehyung's ironically straight face.

"Yeah...? So what?"

"You have a crush on her, don't you?"

"Eh...not really.

...And besides, she's in our class, this is like the 5th time seeing her today, so why would I get all flustered?", Taehyung questioned, looking rather cool and calculated.

In stereotypical Taehyung fashion, he was not.

Underneath the hood of composure he was freaking out.

Ever since lunch, ever since the guys' freindly banter,  he found not thinking about Jennie's Various attractive(and sometimes provocative) features more difficult than ever.

What made things even worse was the fact that Jennie was in a great deal of his classes, usually even next to him, allowing him to take swift and convenient glances when it suited him.

More often than not he would find himself doing so, giving himself both a mix of embarrassment and oddly placed excitement.

To put the cherry on top of the admiration (and slightly ersion) filled cake, Jennie had a rather, let's say, provocative , way in which she carried and adjusted herself, from the idle (and even a little y) hang of her bottom lip, to her confident and indescerning walk, which made the hem of her skirt waver and sway like some sort of little flag of Jennie.

"Taehyung ah?

Taehyung...!" Jimin singsonged, abruptly bringing the boy back to his senses.

He had breifly short circuited, now witnessing in her P.E. outfit, more specifically the disconcertingly short shorts.

"Uh-y-yh what?" 

"Nothing... It's just that I'd thought you said you weren't into her".

, he caught me, didn't he.

"No-i, ah, i-wasn't-"

"C'mon Taehyung...admit it... you like her", Jimin prods, taking no notice of the fact that he fumbles all over his words.

"I don't, ok? I'm just...


... checking her out?"

"Aish, Don't be ridiculous. Since when do you just "check out" girls, huh?"

"I'm being serious with you, Jimin. I'm not into her".

Jimin turned his attention back to Jennie, who was now on approach.

He nodded toward her general direction, signalling Taehyung.

"We'll see about that: here she comes now".

"Wait what?" Taehyung commented under his breath,  slightly panicked at(let's be honest, it's his crush)'s approach.

It was at that  exact moment that his heart decided that it would like to play fast paced heavy metal.

Now, the sun was only one of two reasons as to why the adolescent was sweating so much.

Jennie strolled by and stopped, giving a casual smile and a freindly wave.

Aish, what a heavenly smile...
Aish, I'm hopeless, aren't I?.

"Hey", she greeted Jimin, in turn making him grin a tad.

"Ah, Jennie! How's your first week here going so? You settling in well?"

"Yeah, except for what happened on Tuesday, everything's been *more or less* okay".

"Good to hear", Jimin added, as if some sort of proud parent.

"Oh, by the way, would you be able tell your mom I'll be home a little late tonight? I don't want her to think something's happened".

"Uh, yeah, sure thing".

Should I talk to her? I kinda want to.

Who am I kidding, let me in on the conversation, dammit.

Jimin does just as Taehyung subcomciously wanted, plugging him into the sma talk at hand.

"Ah, also, this is Taehyung. He helped you on Tuesday, aswell".

"Ah, ok. Nice to meet you, Taehyung".

Aforementioned boy threw a warm bit awkward, in light of Jennie's being thrown his way.

She said my name...!, The boy thought to himself, gradually losing composure in thought.

"Uh,h-hey...", Taehyung greeted, his words weak.

Jennie walked off, and probably wouldn't have done if it weren't for the fact they were currently "in class"(despite being "outside"), and would probably see each other again shortly.

When out of earshot of the female, Jimin turns to Tae, shaking his head with the brightest and most hysterical grin.

"What? What's funny?"

"C'mon... just admit it... 

You're totally into Jennie!" He almost exclaimed, giving a boisterous pat on the back.

"Look, for the nth time, I'm not into Jennie!, Taehyung replied, as if the mere concept distressed him.

Oh , I think I should be quiet: any louder and she could have heard me.

Why are you so keen on the concept-"

"ALRIGHT! EVERYONE LINE UP IN ROWS!" a voice boomed in command, trying to herd the 45 or so scattered adolescents into one singular place.

Each and every one of those students (relevant characters included, although Jennie was sort of just going along with the crowd) complied, with double the speed they would for other teachers.

Why? For this teacher was a force to be reckoned with;

 


~*~


...but also fairly freindly, when she wanted to be

In summary, the personality and teaching style of Mrs Ja, was, in a word, best described as bittersweet.

When the mood allowed for it, she'd be some sort of ajhumma from heaven, having a delightful array of sports for the class to play, and with the almost boundless patient of a saint.

But as you'd expect, there was the bitter, contrasting this, for her mood could also be foul, of typical ajumma fashion, in all sense of the word.

Can you guess how she was conducting herself today?


"Listen up, you maggots-"

Ok, sticking to the bounds of realism and decency, she didn't really say that. 

But it was something along the lines of "listen here, you hopeless delinquents, I want 5 laps around the track, and for you to assemble into teams of four, do I make myself clear?!?!"

"YES, MA'AM!"

wow, this procedure definitely isn't soldier, Jennie thought to herself, being exposed to it for the first time.

Meanwhile, Taehyung did some quick addition, sighing.

5 laps?
400m track?
Aish...why does she have to be like this?...

Taehyung only complained because of his aptitude for physical activity, or lack thereof.

He had, as some would describe, a "smol" body type in comparison to other boys, leaving him at a stark disadvantage.

And because of this, he didn't even try. Like, literally not at all.

He shuddered with disappointment and sloth at remembering his results in P.E. last year.

Grade 0.
I'm hopless...

 

"And if anyone doesn't feel like following instructions-she takes a quick and vicious glance at Taehyung- I'll make it ten laps, am I understood?!"

"Yes, ma'am!"

"DO I MAKE MYSELF-"

"YES, MAAM!"

Mrs Ja nodded, looking unequivocally satisfied. She took an advantageous stance, her baggy, school issued tracksuit swaying in the wind.

"Now, off you go! And be quick: we've got alot to get through, this lesson!"

The herd of students complied hastily, running off into the marked red and white tarmac, almost seemingly in single file.

As you'd expect, they ran, and ran, complicity doing their(slightly intense)2000 meter warmup.

At about 600, Taehyung was already tired.

Why must Mrs Ja do this? Can't she tell us do stretches or something, like a normal P.E. teacher?,, Taehyung thought to himself, beginning to fall behind the pack.

Ugh... she's so damn extra, swear to god...

When the last person overtook him(as standard lazy hyung procedure went), he took this as the universe telling him to slow down, adjusting his eyes that were boiling under the Seoul sun.

Until he noticed who that last person was.

You could probably guess.

It was Jennie, putting in a valiant effort to keep up, although said efforts weren't giving her much success.

Taehyung's mindset ultimately changed.

I hate P.E., I hate running...

...But, if I can at least run with her...?

Taehyung's mind ultimately wasn't being to rational. But at the very least, he got a little proximity.

He sped up his pace, suddenly being able to forget his dry throat , sweaty face and burning knees.

After catching up to Jennie, he opened with "hey, how's it going?", As if they weren't running 400 meteres 5 times.

Jennie ignored him, trying to stay focused and keep rhythm.

Her steps became more stride-like, as she built up a stronger pace.

Taehyung didn't see it as *we're trying to warm up, and Jennie's trying to keep concentrated, but more of the more victimised, *she's ignoring me.

So he says again, hey-

And, just before he could catch up, he Taehyung'ed it up.

He wasn't looking where he was going, and one stray rock was all it took to take advantage of this.

His foot almost flew off of the small pebble, sending him careening into his crush next to him. 

Naturally, her pace was completely ruined under the crushing weight of the clumsy Kim Taehyung, also, sending her to the red tarmacked floor.

OH OH WHAT DID I JUST DO*

, DO SOMETHING

Taehyung got up, flailing his arms that had
...
accidentally graced her thighs.

That fact made things even better.

[What is this, anime? We can't be having the "accidental grab", that's too unrealistic!]

Oh god, Taehyung thought for the nth time, as he noticed the other kids notice him.

Rightfully so, after coming to *her senses, Jennie let's out "what the hell?!

Wait...

You're...

You're that kid that puked on me!"