A touch of conflict

A florist and a programmer

Hi guys! Sorry I'm late with the writing: I've been programming a small little game for the past few days, so I haven't found the time to write. 

I'm not quite sure how to continue on from the previous chapter, but I'll do my best.

Anyone interested in seeing the game I've been coding? I can link it if you want.


Desperately resists the temptation to program rn...


~*~ 

"You see that necklace, Baek points, it's mine.  And I want it back".

Jennie pauses to briefly admired the red and green striped necklace hanging from a miniscule chain on her neck.

She runs her forefinger and thumb over it, before turning her attention back to the antagonising figure and her pose.

"No, it's not", The brunette replies, icy, uninterested in Baeks passive aggression.

Jennie was completely in the right: It didn't belong to Baek; She was simply trying to intimidate the exchange student.

All it did was incite tension.

The lonesome newbie raised her guard, as appropriate.

"What, so you're saying that's yours? You, Baek points to Jennie in emphasis, The one with the ripped skirt, can afford that?"

The bully encited subtle smirks among the mob, looking more mandatory in the presence of such an influential "friend".

Feeling a taken aback, Jennie shot a narrow eyed grin among the crowd.

"Oh, so that's what you think, huh? Ever heard of streetwear, you little priss?"

Silence fell on the gathering.

Baek ceases her glory bathing smiles, straightening her face to suit her necktie.

"Damn, this girl's got some attitu-"

"Shut up! They'll hear us!" Taehyung hushed Jimin, intent on taking in the action.

...

"...What... what was that? What did you just say to me?" Baek interrogated.

...

Baek was now doing her best to intimidate Jennie, but surprisingly, the brunette held her ground.

There was a brief silence among everyone, the crowd included.

Jennie valiantly straightens her  voice and postured, as if preparing to walk away.

"You heard me.

You're a priss.


The heard's jaws lowered in shock, at such outward defiance toward their Shepard.

Now if you'll excuse me-"

Baek grabbed Jennie's arm in aggression as she attempted to make an exit, a sly, slight embarrassed and hysterical grin painting her face.

"Ah....uh-uh. after what you've just said, you're not going to just walk away from me".

Jennie's blood began to boil at such arrogance and oppression.

It was one thing to antagonise someone, but a completely different thing to bend them to your will with such malice

You know what, let me just remove myself from here, before this really gets it, Jennie thought to herself, ever so breifly closing her eyes in an attempt to endure.

"Damn, Jennie looks pissed!", Taehyung comments in a distant whisper to Jimin.

But not before she snaps back in rebellion.

"Oh yeah? Says who?"

...

"Naega", Baek states back, just as calmly and cooly.


"I won't leave, huh?...

Watch me."

Jennie took 5 sublte and calculated steps away from the gathering, exercising her rebellion.

Baeks frustration hits a fever pitch.

She begins to see red, outraged at her lack of efficacy in intimidation.

Her hands fly out before her, grabbing the the girl in her immediate sight line.

The claws force the other female up against the wall.

"What did I just tell you?, Is all that manages to escape from the friction of Baek's  teeth.

You don't do anything, until I say otherwise.

Do I make myself clear?"

"Fu-"

Baek instinctively stomped Jennie's toe at the slightest murmur of profanity.

Shocked, the brunette grinded her teeth and glared at her toes in horror, as if stepping on hot coals.


As expected, the crowd did what they did best, standing idly by.

Taehyung was sensitive to this type of conflict, so as a result he felt his heart sink in empathy.

"This...this is getting out of hand...we should stop this", Jimin proposed, in equal disgust at the situation.

"Yeah, definitely...but how...?"

"I don't know, but we'd ought to do something".


Baek smiles, sadistic.

"Allow me to re-iterate. Do I...

Make myself clear?"

"Baek-ah, I think you're going too far-"

"Shut it, jae! The antagonist swiftly interrupted, quelling the only kind of resistance resonating from the group. 

This * thinks that she can just walk into *my school and talk to me like that?"

"Ok, Tae, we've gotta do something", Jimin concluded, slumping back around the wall.

"Yeah, I agree...

But what do we do though?"

"Hmm, Jimin paused, scratching his head in thought.

Ah, I got it!"

The light bulb lit up, chimchim producing two out face mask.

"What are you doing with that*?"

Jimin ignored Taehyung's enquiry at first, standing up off of the stone slap he was previously sitting on.

"Let's just do something".

That's very specific.

"Ah... alright, but we better not end up looking like idiots".


"Now, what to do about that-"

Jimin took off, face mask on, before Taehyung could even finish his-

"What is this guy doing?" Taehyung exclaimed to himself in panic.

All Tae could see is the back of Jimin, as he bolts off into the friction filled fray.

*Ugh, this boy.

Not to far behind, the boy joined his brash counter part of a friend, dashing to Jennie's defence.

"Do I make myself clear?" Baek re-iterated

Jennie Kim still finds herself wincing in the midst of severe uncomfortability.

"Baek..." A generic black haired female from the crowd interrupted.

"Shut up! Can't you see that-"


SMACK.

With the upmost force and dramatisation, Jimin rammed his shoulder into Baek.

She almost flew, instead careening to the floor.

It caught both her and Jennie off guard, the latter jolting in surprise.

As hard as it sounds to believe, they were too absorbed with one another, to involved with the conflict to notice the 5"9 and 65kg sack of muscle dashing towards them with alarming  speed.

After seemingly "taking out" Baek, Jimin rushed over to the exchange student, smothering her in confirmations of well being.

"Jennie-ah, I'm really sorry about all of this, are you ok?"

"Ah...yeah, I guess I'm alright..."

Taehyung rushed to join the the two, watching idly.

"Hey! What the do you think you're doing!?" Baek screams at the masked vigilantes in frustration, teasing the threshold of volume.

"What the do you think *you're doing? She's my hostee, you !"

Jimin snapped back with ferocity, leaving Tae in awe.

And not to mention, a little jealous.

They were performing a random, and frankly overdramatized, act of kindness, and Taehyung wanted to maximize his utility.

Meanwhile, Baek lay silent, taken aback by such masculine resistance.

"Are you...okay?" A voice from the rabble raisers asks.

She ignores him.

Hey Tae, Jennie, let's go.

"Y-yeah, let's g-

Ow!"

Jennie winced in pain from earlier, Baeks little y stomp having an adverse effect on her.

This time, both jimin and Taehyung rush to her aid, the crowd onlooking as usual.

Ok...now... let's not over think this...ok, Taehyung?

Tae kneeled, looking a little too fondly at the damsel in front of him.

"Jen... Jennie, is it? You ok?"

"Aish, my foot hurts..." Jennie remarked, eyes locked with the cause in question.

Aish...

I should do something...

Taehyung got an idea In his head, immediately shaking it off.

No... that's too weird.

Do I even have the strength?


"Tae, what're you doing? Let's go!" Jimin shouts, signalling Taehyung away.

Ugh, no time...

it.


Taehyung kneels down in front of Jennie, back to her.

"W-what are you do-"

"Get on my back. Quickly!" Taehyung almost commanded.

In most cases, Jennie would have denied bizzare request, but, in light of the sharp ache in her foot(left by you know who), she went along, hoisting herself into his back.

She wrapped her legs around his legs as he rose, making feel a slight jolt of uncomfortability.

Maybe this wasn't the best idea*, The boy thought to himself, feeling the undeniable weight of 40 to 55 kilograms.

Oh well, too late now...

Taehyung once more takes in his surroundings, noticing the awe struck and small gathering.

He turned to Baek, who now practically had fumes coming out of her nose.

Maybe she had time to figure out her emotions?, He thought as he bolted away under Jennie's weight.

He made it not but a few feet before hearing the potent rage of the female upperclassmen.

"Jen...Jennie Kim! I'm on your back, you arrogant ! 

And YOU! I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, BUT I'LL GET YOU, YOU 10TH GRADE RUNT!"

Taehyung would have imagined a sly smile coming from the occupant on his back, but was busy trying to find jimin, who had most likely ran ahead.

He turns a corner, and vehicles Jennie away from the drama.

, where'd he go?