Unwanted dreams

A florist and a programmer

Quick author's note: I'm a little later than usual, uploading on Sunday, so I do apologise.

BTW: I may or may not add a picture for comedic effect.

~N

 

 

The bar was pretty much empty, save a few souls lurking within.

And it seemed only right, as 1:50 am marked the brink of closing time.

This bar was the stereotypical pub: stools, booths, pear cider and peanuts.

There was this distinctive wooden finish on both the bar floor and counter, making it shine in the florescent green lighting when respectively mopped and wiped.

The stools shared a similar texture, although belonging to a different family of wood altogether.

All that remained was the the bar where everything was sold, and the booths, with the latter consisting of mere high rounded leather, and the former being clad with beer, booze and tequila of all kinds.


Random music in the background played, serving as ambient white noise.

The cigarette smell from earlier had now faded, along with the rowdy parties of people, into the distant night of the Seoul city streets.

The bartender stared, bored and distantly into one of the glasses, most likely waiting for the moment where he can close up shop for the night.

"Uh, excuse me? Could I have a small Martini, ice on it?" A female sitting alone at the stools called to this unnamed barman in request.

He honoured it, gathering the the shaker and the associated liquors, not to mention the rather token olive on a toothpick.

Shaking, making and constructing with a now noticeably loud demeanor, said barman finished the drink, handing it off with a coy and friendly smile in exchange for about 10,000 won.

Jennie takes the drink and slowly sips it, thinking abstractly about some abstract subject matter.

Jennie wasn't even of drinking age, and yet here she was, of age, enjoying a iced Martini.

He clothing was rather abstract too, donning a light brown, enigmatic trench coat with even more enigmatic $2,000 high heels. 

On very rare occasion the coat would sway, allowing a minute gaze at her overdramatic and out stockings.

Things get even more ridiculous and uninteligeble when distant sounds of an engine hum their way into the bar, causing the heads of the small gathering of the people, the barman, and more importantly, Jennie.

The engine sounds become louder, closer, more comprehensible.

A sports car?, Jennie made out, blinking her eyelash extensions and adjusting her glossed lips in slight bewilderment.

The sounds became even closer, louder.

They got even louder.

And louder.

The sound hit his peak, as Jennie witnessed a long sleek, vehicle fly past the entrance.

Her eyes followed it, in the split millisecond she saw it.

Who the hell...what the hell was that?

Ugh... whatever... I guess I'll just go back to conveniently waiting for the protagonist to show up... Jennie concluded, returning attention to the tall, lonely Martini on the counter.

She played with it a little, eating the olive, swirling the liquid, simply passing time until something totally realistic happened in this totally realistic situation.

She waited and waited.

And waited.

And waited some more.

About 20 minutes later, the waiting stops.

The pub door opens up, making a little ding! As it went.

A figure steps in.

She put the remaining alcohol down and stared, bewildered and flustered.

At this point, it couldn't be more obvious as to who it was.

This stereotypically tall and dark figure walks in.

He was over the top.
So over the top: he flooded dams.

Kim Taehyung, the suave gentleman, rocked up in a privelegd tiger Gucci tuxedo, with matching shoes and all. 

His diamond and gold encrusted watch glinted wildly in the lighting of the rundown pub, almost turning the place into a damn disco.

Tae smelt just as good as he looked, coated in a musky cloud of Hugo boss and raw confidence.

His stride complimented the latter, carefully adjusting his cuff as he walked to the bar counter with a prominent swagger.

After approaching, Taehyung lowered the golden rim glasses further down his nose, taking his time to assess the situation and it's inhabitants.

Onlooking, Jennie couldn't help but shudder with a foreign warmth, her gaze firmly latched onto this fine young gentleman.

Taehyung turns to the bartender.

"One vodka. Rocks", he requests, carefully mimicking the drink he was ordering.

Funny. Taehyung isn't of drinking age either.

The unnamed barman once again honoured the request, this time producing the clearest possible mix of ethenol.

In this short window of time, The overdressed gentleman shoots a cool but overzelous gaze at the female adjacent to him, icing her.

He delivers in a ice cubed glass, with Tae suavely sliding the money over the counter.

Barman disappears, goes back to wiping empty glasses and dilly-dallying.

Taehyung failed to pick the glass off of the bar, instead sitting on a stool and staring off into the icebergs of vodka.

He then directed his gaze to Jennie.

Her heart froze, her mind short-circuiting.

Jennie, don't act weird now...act natural, smile..., Jennie says to herself, consciously grinning in order to not look like a weirdo.

"Hi", Taehyung started, confident.

"H-hey..." Jennie replies, nervous and a little dorky.

"Just wanna quickly say, your earnings look a-mazing", the gentleman complimented, the glinting diamonds hanging near her lobe.

Jennie ran a finger over one, blushing.

"Thanks", she replied, bashful and starved of words.

Taehyung modestly looked back ahead at his drink, trying not to stare too much at the female.

In contrast, Jennie was now roused, constantly seeking his gaze with no shame.

"So, why is a lady such as yourself, out here drinking at this time of night?" 

"I don't know...some vague, arbitrary and all in all redundant happened to me... honestly, being here just...clears my mind, calms me".

"Fair enough", Taehyung admitted, accepting the detailed response.

He sips the ethenol rocks.

The conversation continues.

It started mostly as small talk, but evolved into more intuitive conversation.

The night progresses, say an hour or two.

Closing time.

The bartender began to close up shop, announcing final call.


After the enjoyable interaction, Taehyung headed toward the exit.

Jennie, still sitting at a stool, got up, and called him.

"Hey, what's your name? I Never got to ask?"

Taehyung turns to face the woman, now noticing the stocking on her left leg.

Uncomfortably roused, he adjusted.

Oh, that's a little... discomforting...*, He thought to himself.

"Kim Taehyung inmida", the gentleman replied, trying to hide his enthusiasm.

"Oh, is that right?" 

Out of the blue, Jennie's shyness dissolves. She smiled, slyly and confidently.

Something's wrong.

Why's she changed like this?

Taehyung's hands start shaking.

Why am I like this?
I'm Taehyung, the suave gentleman!?

Taehyung's world begins to crumble, panic setting in.

There's a dinging sound, as Taehyung erratically scans the room.

My are my palms sweaty?

What...what the ...?

"Taehyung?" Jennie called, forcing the boy to return his attention to the female who stood in front of him.

The ding sound stopped.

Her coat drops.

"SHE WAS ONLY WEARING STOCKINGS AND HEELS-"

rumbling.

Beep beep beep!

Taehyung awakened, screeching in discomfort and breathing heavily.

"WHAT THE !"

He slapped the alarm, sending it into distant slumber.

He lies back down, heart rate erratic.

Time passed, and Taehyung begins to adjust to his new surroundings: no bar, no Jennie, just him and his bedroom.

Aish, was that a dream?
Gosh...

Ok, Tae, it's just a dream, let's calm down, get In the shower and thi-

As Taehyung begins to move, he felt a minute sludge, a thick liquid, moving a little in reaction to him.

Oh, oh , not this again...

Suspensively, the brown haired boy lifts the sheets and his boxers up.

He groans.

Looks like he was going to be scrubbing his  underwear a little more than usual today.

~*~ 


"And... that's how it ends. Every single time", Taehyung recalled the dream, telling Jimin in strict confidentiality.


They were behind one of the school gyms, away from all the other erse and rumor spreading pupils.

The blare of air conditioning and far away construction obstructed any unwanted ears, making this place a good spot for secrecy.

It was a little dirty though, with dust and soot caking the under-attended to walls. 

It was quite cool to boot, the eastern direction of the sun making this place a safe haven for shade. And believe me, on this hot, 32°c school day, it was more than welcomed.

Surprisingly, there wasn't much smell to it at all, Taehyung and Jimin's noses staying un-attacked.

"Damn. That must be weird, having the same dream over and over", Jimin sympathised, a little unsure how to react at such a surreal situation.


"It's expensive as , too. I've had to throw away my 5th pair of underwear this week alone!" 

And by expensive underwear, it was evident he was in reference to his Calvin Klein, his supreme, and whatever abstractly pricey boxer he wore to sleep.

Champagne problems.

Jimin stopped for a moment, trying to think a little.

"Wait... how'd you start having these dreams in the first place? Was it something online, in a manga you read?"

Taehyung ran a finger around his collar, blushing a little.

He felt guilty at even the thought of recollecting events on the Friday of the previous week.

Chim chim picks up on this behaviour, prodding a little.

"Well...c'mon...what was it? No one's here: no one can hear! You don't  have to be embarrassed!", He innocently mentioned, smiling innocently.


"I mean...

Should I really...


Ugh, fine, I'll tell you! Taehyung caves, struggling to hold back on details.

You remember Friday night, when I went to use your bathroom, right?"

"Yeah...?" Jimin affirms, following.

"Well...when I went in there... I thought it was just me...it wasn't..."

"Ho Lee ", Jimin almost exclaimed, struggling to restrain his smirks.

Tae is confused, dumbfounded.

"What... what's funny?"

"Oh no... it's noth-" Jimin accidentally let out, struggling to contain his smirks.

"What...why are you laughing?" Taehyung asked again, a little more insecurely.

"Oh...Oh my God!" Jimin almost screamed, bursting into a fit of laughter.

"Park Jimin, what the is funny?"

The hysterical individual of the duo composed himself a little, in an attempt to explain the humor in the situation.

"It...it makes no sense...how can you think you're the only one in there?" Jimin responded, before immediately returning to hysterics.

"I, I was in my own world, ok? I didn't know what was going on-"

"But surely you would have heard their footsteps, right? Maybe some running water?"

"I don't know... All I did was walk in, and next thing i see is-"

"Jennie !" Park exclaimed at the top of his voice, beginning to roll.

"Will you hush the down! People could hear us!"

"But how...how could you not know! The signs where there, the door was probably closed!"

"Ugh. Jimin, can you stop being such a Taeyong and treat this seriously? This is really beginning to up my sleep pattern".


"Ah, sorry about that, it's just too-

Jimin smiled and smirked mid sentence, before reigning it in.

It's... just too funny.

But if this is really bothering you...

I'm here for you".

Welp, when it counts, Jimin can be pretty dedicated...*

"Thanks, Taehyung answers, oozing gratitude.


Wait....

It had just hit Tae.

Why the hell was Jennie in your house?"

"Uh?" Jimin sprung a little at the question, unsure looking about how to answer it.


"Why was Jennie in your house?" 

"Ah...so you didn't know?"

"Didn't know?" Taehyung asked, perplexed.

"Jennie...


Jennie's an exchange student from Australia..." 

"And...?", Taehyung probed.

"She needs somewhere to stay..."


"No.


... you're not saying..."

"She's living at my house for a while... surprise?"

"Ugh...godammit, Jimin? Why didn't you tell me?!"

"It... didn't come up?" Jimin shrugged weakly, giving a weaker excuse.

"Ugh!" 

"Why's... why's this so important anywa-"

"Because i threw up on her: it's awkward, ok?!"

"Well, think of this as an opportunity, then: you could come over to my place tomorrow, maybe apologize", Jimin suggested, looking on the brighter side".

"I don't know...will she even talk to me, after I embarrassed her like that?"

"Well, there's only one way to-"

CLANK!

The pair of friends stop, hearing what seemed to be the crash of copper around the corner.

What the hell was that?, The two thought simultaneously in silence.

"Oh--you shouldn't have come here--"

"Over here?---"

The sounds of conversation were muffled and ranged, disallowing Jimin and Taehyung to hear the full conversation.

"What is that-" 

"Ssh!" Taehyung hushed, moving around a corner.

Jimin follows, and the two find themselves in an audio advantageous position.

They comedically reared their heads around the corner, jimin being above Tae.

"So you're the exchange student, huh?" A familiar figure commented snarkiliy.

"Yeah...what about it?"

Taehyung adjusted his vision in disbelief.

There they were, Jennie, Baek and a small gathering of people around the latter.

Judging by the look and bodily behaviour, Baek wasn't up to any good.

The next few moments made this evident.