Epilogue

We're Stuck at an Impasse (Can This Last?)

“You’re so beautiful. So beautiful I could cry.”
 

“Aww, thank you. I’m still not getting a puppy though.”
 

“But, Fanyyyy!” Taeyeon whined.
 

Tiffany rolled her eyes. “I already got one over here, apparently,” she said, earning herself a pout from the blonde looking at her with pleading eyes that definitely reinforced her statement.
 

Tiffany should have known this was coming. The influx of puppy videos Taeyeon sent her way during work hours was a dead giveaway, but she realized that this whole puppy craving actually began when Taeyeon found out that pets were allowed in Tiffany's building, unlike hers. The older girl had always wanted to take care of a dog, but unfortunately, all the apartments she’d stayed in had a strict ‘no pets allowed’ policy.
 

It’s not that Tiffany didn’t want a puppy; she just didn’t think she could take care of one as much as the pet deserved. And she tried to tell Taeyeon as much. “What will the dog do while I’m at work? Just eat and sleep and poop and pee?”
 

“…Yeah. That’s basically what dogs do, Fany-ah.”
 

“I mean it will have no one to play with during that time. It’ll get lonely. I always feel sad for dogs that get left behind when their owners have to leave for work.”
 

“I usually work at home anyway. I can come over and take care of the puppy while you’re away,” insisted Taeyeon.
 

“Yeah, but what happens when you also have to work for a shoot? Especially for one overseas? Plus, you can’t just stay in my condo all the time.”
 

“Can’t I?”
 

Tiffany blinked at Taeyeon, brain stuttering. “W-what?”
 

Turning red, Taeyeon looked away. “Nothing.”
 

“No, that was definitely something.”
 

“It wasn’t.”
 

“Taeyeon.”
 

“…”
 

“Do- Are you- Is this your subtle way of asking me if we should move in together?”
 

“No!”
 

“…Oh.” Tiffany tried not to look disappointed.
 

“I mean…not at first. I really wanted a puppy, but now that I think about it… Aren’t we practically living together, anyway? We always sleep over at each other’s place, and we practically do everything together now, so not much will change. Plus, we get to save money by splitting the rent and food and utilities…”
 

“…Wow.” Tiffany chuckled, a bit dumbfounded. “I can’t believe this stemmed from you wanting a puppy.”
 

“…Is that a no?”
 

“No…it’s not a no. Now I’m thinking about it, and yeah, there are a lot of benefits, like saving money and—“
 

“!”
 

“…?”
 

“We can have all the time now! I mean…we always do, but—”
 

“Taeyeon!”
 

“What? I’m just saying! Now, I get to always sleep beside you at night, and wake up next to you in the morning.”
 

“Aww…”
 

“And so we get to have night and morning all the time!”
 

Tiffany closed her eyes, praying for mercy from the heavens.
 

“Hey,” Taeyeon nudged her, making Tiffany open her eyes again. “I’m just kidding, you know. is like…good and great and all, but really, I just love spending time with you, Fany-ah. And I love you. I really do. I know all of your bad habits and weird quirks and I will adjust and adapt because I want to live with you. And I’m sure you’ll have to adjust and adapt to my weirdness, but I hope you want to do it too.”
 

“Taeyeon…”
 

“And maybe it’s too soon for usual dating standards. But we’ve been together for a little over a year now, and we’ve practically been kind of crushing on each other for seven years without even realizing it, so I think those years count too.”
 

Tiffany beamed at her, touched, and the brunette couldn’t help but lean in for a brief kiss. “Why are you so sweet?”
 

“I got it from my momma,” Taeyeon responded in a weird English accent that only she could hilariously pull off.
 

Tiffany laughed loudly, shaking her head. “You’re such a dork. And I love you so much. And I do think we can pull it off and live together. And if we fight, at least you can crash in any of the seven dwarves’ homes.”
 

Taeyeon nodded, but halted midway. “Hey, why am I the one crashing in their places?”
 

“…Because you love me?”
 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes good-naturedly. “You’re lucky I do. And that I’m so whipped for you.”
 

Tiffany's grin turned soft. “I am lucky. Don’t worry; whoever gets to enter the bedroom first and slam it shut gets to stay in the house.”
 

Taeyeon gave a satisfied nod before pulling Tiffany in for a languid kiss. “I love it when you compromise with me,” she whispered against her lips.
 

“…That sounds so domestic...”
 

“You have to get used to it, honey,” Taeyeon drawled out teasingly. “Soon, we’ll be poring over bills together and fighting over expenses, then we’ll have angry , then make up, and then have makeup .”
 

Tiffany stared at Taeyeon in complete and utter awe. “How do you always end up dialing it back to ?!”
 

“Psh. You love the .” Taeyeon smirked at her, eyebrows wiggling suggestively.
 

Tiffany felt her ears turn hot. “Shush.”
 

“So… Can we get a puppy now?”
 

“Wha- God, I can’t keep up with you,” Tiffany exclaimed, rubbing her temples at the mental whiplash Taeyeon was doling out.
 

“…Puppy?”
 

Tiffany sighed in defeat. “Well, we have to check with the rest of the girls if they’re willing to babysit him or her whenever we’re not around—“
 

“Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!”
 

Tiffany watched in amusement as her girlfriend danced around the room excitedly—surely strikingly similar to the puppy they would be adopting—and she shook her head in mild exasperation yet extreme fondness.
 

It took them both too long to get this far, to finally be with each other as comfortably and completely as they could, but really, she wouldn’t have it any other way.

 

FIN.

 


A/N:

Aww, finally. <3 Happily ever after heh.

I'm sure you can all guess the inspiration for this epilogue (I love Zero and his cuteness is chokeslam-worthy omfg). But also omg Tiff's Prince update aaaa~ I miss you, Prince T.T

Last update will be for the PDF and EPUB links which I'll get to soon. Classes just ended for me, but I still have extracurricular stuff to do, so ho-ho-holiday cheer will have to wait.

As some of you already know, I'm planning to write a new multi-chap for TaeNy, so stay tuned for that if you wish! :D It's definitely going to be a lot less floof-in-your-face unlike this fic, and there'll be some angsty moments, plus some very y ones (I am not gonna hold back on my tendencies~ uwu lol). Although the writing process might take long because I'm going to try and make it as well-written as possible before I upload/update. //end of shameless plug

Anyway, Merry Christmas to everyone! Thank you once again for reading this story. :D