Momo x You

Too Much Signals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo is probably the only TWICE girl that the students dare to cheat. The girl was so naive and innocent that she sometimes do stuff for the students without thinking. But luckily, the other TWICE members were there to help her. She can be tough and bold sometimes (when she works out or dances) but then she also had her really soft and girly sides.

 

She's popular with the people in school but not with me. To me, she just wasn't my type of girl. While I was walking along the corridor to my next class, I heard footsteps behind me. I moved away because I thought it was just one of those students rushing to class but the person turned and stopped in front of me.

 

I tilted my head to find out who it was under those bangs and immediately raised my brow.

 

"Momo-ssi?" 

 

"H-here!" She said and shoved a pink bento box towards me, which reminded me of the animes I watched.

 

"What's this?" I asked.

 

"J-j-just take it!" She shoved it into my hands before scampering away. 

 

I looked at the pink box before looking around and noticing the other students staring at me and whispering. I frowned and headed to class. I knew what they were talking about and they were saying I was trying to snake the naive girl of TWICE.

 

During lunch, I really felt ostracized. Since I would eat with Tzuyu and Chaeyoung, it really didn't help my situation. 

 

"What's with all those looks today?" Chaeyoung asked before focusing on her food. 

 

"I-I don't know." I said before stuffing the egg into my mouth. 

 

"Hey! That looks like Momo unnie's lunch box!" Tzuyu pointed out.

 

I almost choked on my food and coughed a couple of times before excusing myself into the toilet. There, I washed my face and looked into the mirror with a sigh. I didn't want to let them know. I didn't want to be shipped with Momo to protect myself. I remembered the last time a guy was into Momo and confessed to her. After that, he was bullied to the point he transferred. It was also similar to the girl before the guy. 

 

I walked back to the table but froze when I saw Momo there talking to Chaeyoung and Tzuyu. I wanted to run away and attempted to walk away but Tzuyu saw me and waved me over. I sighed internally and could feel the feeling of dread building up as the judging eyes of other students followed me to my seat.

 

"Why were you taking so long? Anyway, I'm not sure if you met her yet but this is Momo." Tzuyu introduced. 

 

"The fast one? The one that I locked in the classroom? One of the 9 crazy girls trying to kill me?" I chuckled while Momo hid her face in embarrassment. 

 

"Ya, we were just playing!" Chaeyoung whined. 

 

I knocked Tzuyu and Chaeyoung on their forehead and laughed while they hissed in pain but my smile soon became awkward when I felt Momo's eyes on me. To solve the issue, I decided to engage Momo in a conversation.

 

"So... Momo ssi... what do you do?" 

 

"I-um I da-dance..." she uttered in a shaky but adorable voice.

 

"Unnie? Are you okay?" Chaeyoung asked worriedly. 

 

Momo shook her head vigorously before suddenly standing from her seat. We jumped and flinched a little but she apologized and excused herself from the table. 

 

"What's with her?" Tzuyu asked.

 

"I don't know. Let's ask Jihyo later." Chaeyoung said. 

 

After lunch, we went to class. 

 

After the bell for the end of school ended, I packed my bag and noticed the pink lunchbox. I looked at the time and saw that I still had time before I have to get home for dinner, so I decided to go return the lunch box to Momo. Meanwhile, Momo was blasting music in the studio and dancing harder than usual. She was looking at herself in the mirror; sharp and focused on her every move but she kept making mistakes, something that she rarely does. She stopped and groaned in frustration before starting the whole routine again. 

 

It was easy finding her because she would either be in the canteen or in the dance studio. When I arrived, I saw her dancing in her crop top and sweatpants. Even if I were not interested in her emotionally, I couldn't help but stare at her flexing abs. My eyes darted from her to the lunch box and back. I wanted to return it to her but was too shy to. I then decided that I would place it in the clubroom but when I was about to leave, I heard a yelp. 

 

I looked back into the room and saw Momo scrunching up her face and massaging her ankle. Worried, I barged in without permission and knelt down by her side, asking if she was okay.

 

"I-I-I'm fine!" She blurted and tried to stand but failed miserably. 

 

I reacted fast and gripped her by the waist while she grasped my shirt. Unfortunately, we lost balance and fell. I slowly opened my eyes to see Momo with wide eyes and flushed cheeks below me. Realizing our position, I shot away from her and avoided eye contact with her. We were so close; so close to the point our lips would've touched if I leaned down a little. 

 

"S-sorry!" I uttered. 

 

"I-its okay... I should be the one apologizing since I..." Momo trailed off and lowers her head. 

 

"Anyway, I'm here to return you the lunch box. It was delicious, thank you." I said and left it on the table. 

 

"I'm glad you liked it." Momo said with a smile while limping to her belongings. 

 

"I guess I'll go now." I said awkwardly and started to fiddle with a ball of metal I had in my pocket to help my fidgety self. 

 

Momo nodded and I took my leave. 

 

I got stared at school the next day but nothing significant happened yet. After that rather awkward day with Momo, I couldn't seem to stop thinking about her for the whole night. I stayed back to help Jihyo with some council work and when I could finally go back after the tiring day, I noticed Momo limping out of the school. 

 

"Ya!" I called out and ran over to her, worried that she might fall.

 

"H-hey... w-why aren't you home yet?" She asked. 

 

"I had to help Jihyo with a few things. What about you Momo-ssi?" I asked back.

 

"I was dancing and... You don't... you don't have to be so formal with me..." Momo said shyly and I nodded. 

 

We walked together quietly before I started the conversation again.

 

"You must love dance a lot to be dancing even if your leg is injured." I commented. 

 

She nodded but suddenly winced while we walked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter