Chaeyoung x You

Too Much Signals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Other than being in the club room all day, Chaeyoung would be in the library or just in the art studio painting some random pieces. I spot her here and there in school but the most we do was wave to each other. We didn’t get close until that one day when I was helping up with even decorations for a school event. I was on a ladder reaching to hook the banner at a far corner when I lost balance.

 

I thought it was the end of me. I shut my eyes tight and braced for the impact but nothing came. I opened my eyes to realize that I was hovering a few feet above the ground.

 

“Are you okay?!” The others came to ask me but a little cub squeezed through them and knelt down in front of me.

 

“I- I’m okay, it was all because of my laziness to not move the ladder… don’t worry! And t-thanks Chaeyoung.” I smiled.

 

“No problems.” She smiled.

 

Chaeyoung was also helping out for the event as the head designer. Luckily she was there to catch me. I knew it was awkward but I decided that I should repay her for her heroic act with a meal or something.

 

“Hey, Chaeyoung.” I said as I approached her from the back.

 

I guess she was startled because the paint on her brush shot up in a weird direction and ruined the whole piece.

 

“Oh my god! I-I’m so sorry! I-“

 

“I-It’s okay, just don’t do that again.” She said with a laugh before changing to another canvas.

 

I knelt down silently beside her and offered to hold her brushes as an apology. She agreed to let me do that with a scoff after seeing how pathetic but entertaining I looked while I pouted.

 

She was quick. Levitating 10 brushes at a time and commanding each to do a different thing and colour. And so I wondered why she didn’t want to do that before.

 

“I love hand painting." She suddenly said.

 

“O-Oh…” I replied.

 

“You must be thinking why I didn’t use my powers instead weren’t you?” She smiled and looked at me while her brushes painted.

 

I nodded.

 

“I know, I get that a lot sometimes. Painting with powers is like cheating. I prefer to do the things with my hands as long as it’s doable.” She said with a smile while concentrating on the design.

 

In a few minutes after, she had the whole thing done. Now all she had to do was leave it to dry and come back the next day. I took this chance to ask her out for dinner since I felt bad and the latter agreed. We went to a store to have some spicy rice cakes to warm ourselves on the cold night.

 

I walked Chaeyoung to her apartment and found out that she was living in a condominium.

 

“Do you want me to walk you to the lift lobby?” I asked.

 

She scoffed.

 

“Why when you can levitate?”

 

“Won’t the other tenants think that there is a ghost?”

 

“I do like to mess with them some times.” Chaeyoung hummed cheekily before floating up the ground.

 

“See you tomorrow.” She said with a smile as she rose up.

 

I smiled back too and waved.

 

Fast forward to the next day’s lunchtime, I had decided to skip lunch to study for a test but Chaeyoung must have noticed since I wasn’t replying her messages. While reading through the laws of metal bending, a packed sandwich levitated in front of me. I thought I was seeing things since I was hungry but when I rubbed my eyes and opened them, there sat Chaeyoung on the opposite seat.

 

“That’s right babo, everything is real.” She teased.

 

“You must be hungry huh?” She continued with a smile.

 

I blushed when my stomach growled. I thanked her for the food and started munching on the BLT sandwich.

 

“I thought the school doesn’t have BLTs?” I said while chewing.

 

“Hasn’t your parents thought you not to talk while you chew?” She chuckled as she slapped a tissue on my lips, helping me wipe off the ranch sauce that got all over my mouth.

 

“And yes, there is no BLT (Bacon,lettuce and tomato sandwich) in school. I made this myself.”

 

“It’s delicious.” I hummed and smiled with my mouth still full.

 

She smiled back.

 

The next few days, we would hang out together. Chaeyoung even allowed me to enter her little private art studio. Like a stereotypical artist, it was messy but still neat enough for Chaeyoung to find her things. She allowed me to look around while she cleaned up after working on her assignment and while looking at the various munificently painted pieces; I stumbled upon one that was covered by a cloth.

 

I reached out to take a peak but was stopped by a sharp command.

 

“I-I’m sorry!” I stuttered. Chaeyoung just sighed and told me not to touch that particular one.

 

 

I got invited to join her and the girls in their clubroom. Since they needed to help Jihyo, also president of the council to do something, I offered my help. And it was partly because I needed the service points to graduate. I knocked on the door and Jeongyeon came to answer.

 

“Just nice! We were talking about you.” She hummed.

 

“Me?” I pointed to myself in confusion.

 

“Yea, come in quick before Chaeyoung comes!” She said and dragged me into the room.

 

All the members were there except for Jihyo and Chaeyoung because she was sent to go get her.

 

“So what were you guys talking about?” I asked.

 

“You. We think Chaeyoung may have a wee bit of feelings for you.” San

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter