Jihyo x You

Too Much Signals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stood outside the council room and zipped up every zip and buckle I had on my vest, sweater, and jackets. Other students were looking at me weirdly and I was starting to sweat but I was not going to take any risks. I bent down with much difficulty and picked up the flyers that I have printed for the upcoming singing auditions the school was going to hold. I took a deep breath and entered the room, walking towards Jihyo's desk where the latter was using her phone. She turned around and gave me a weird look. 

 

"H-here are the flyers." I said.

 

"Okay... put it at the table over there. And what do you think you are wearing? It's summer for heaven's sake." Jihyo shot.

 

"I-I'm feeling a little cold." I lied.

 

"Whatever you say, blue underwear." Jihyo teased.

 

I froze and inhaled sharply before covering my body. I cursed in my head as I ran out of the room. I didn't know she could still see pass so many layers. I tire off all the excess clothing and shoved them in my bag with a sigh. After several minutes I heard my phone ding and saw that it was Jihyo.

 

"Hey, I'm sorry I didn't mean to but you were really retarded. Kkkk." 

 

I frowned and sent her a crying emoji.

 

"Alright, let me treat you to a meal as an apology." 

 

I would never let the chance of a free meal go so I gladly accepted it, on the condition that she does not visually me. Jihyo agreed... somehow, and we ended up meeting at a cafe for a cup of coffee and snacks. 

 

Talking with Jihyo was actually not that bad. We had quite a lot of things in common like being in the council and some lessons but it was the council stuffs that got us closer together. I was surprised that the girl who was usually strict with us was making more jokes than I had ever seen her do. She also loved to sing; the reason she we spent almost 5 hours in the karaoke place. This day was like an opening to what Jihyo's true self was; motherly, dependent and fun.

 

After that day, we both got closer and soon we were staying back together everyday just to talk or do work. 

 

"Hey, I haven't got the chance to ask you but why were you all so crazy over me?" 

 

Jihyo raised her brow and gave it a though before snapping her fingers. 

 

"Because you were cute and new." She chuckled.

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

"So how are you and the other girls?" She asked while her gaze shifted back to the paper.

 

"We are okay I guess? Just friends?" I answered, a little unsure. 

 

"Aren't any of them your cup of tea?" 

 

"Well... Chaeyoung's a little attractive..." I said and noticed Jihyo's brow perking up. 

 

"But I don't want a girl that is just that." 

 

Jihyo nodded. 

 

Suddenly, my stomach growled and I looked at the watch to realised that it was already past dinnertime. I laughed awkwardly while Jihyo excused herself from the room. After about 5 to 10 minutes, she came back with some bread and juice and passed it to me.

 

"You didn't have to." I smiled and rejected it nicely but Jihyo insisted I take it. 

 

"Thank you." I said and she gave me a warm smile before walking to her desk.

 

This was when I started to feel a warm feeling in my chest. Her smile was really beautiful and so are her eyes. 

 

I started to offer to stay back more just so I could spend more time with her but it was only when she goes home early. Sometimes she would have to stay for longer and that is when she made me go back without her. So one day, I decided to stay behind to surprise her. Walking to the council room, I knocked and waited for permission to be given before going in.

 

"Surprise!" I hummed when I pushed the door open.

 

Jihyo was rather shocked but happy at the same time because she could probably see what I had behind my back.

 

"Food?" She hummed.

 

"Hey! No fair! It was supposed to be a surprise!" I frowned. 

 

"Ara, Ara, sorry... but can I still have the food?" She gave me her puppy eyes.

 

My features softened and a smile started forming on my face. I noticed her moving her shoulders uncomfortably and so I stood up and went around her to help her massage them. She leaned back and placed her head against my abdomen and her shoulders visibly relaxed.

 

"How's this?" I asked.

 

"10/10." She uttered, as she seemed to slip away from consciousness. 

 

I only stopped when my hands got tired but as I took a step back, I realised that she was already knocked out. I scoffed and used my hand to support her head as I dragged a chair over to sit beside her so she could lean on my shoulder instead. 

 

"How long have you not slept?" I asked softly while combing a stray hair from her face. 

 

I couldn't help but look at her while she was sleeping. My heart thumped and I started to sweat a little even though the room want hot. She was beautiful, really beautiful. 

 

The other TWICE members must have saw how close we were because they started teasing us and saying that we looked like a couple even though they knew Jihyo's wrath. 

 

"You 2 should just date." Dahyun commented.

 

"Yea! Omo! Look at Jihyo blushing!" Momo teased.

 

"Shut up pinky!" Jihyo shot at Momo who immediately crossed her legs and blushed madly.  

 

That left and impression. I like Jihyo but I wonder is she liked me back as well. I never got the chance to ask her because after that, she seems like she was starting to distance herself from me.

 

"Jihyo, here are the files." I hummed.

 

"Okay, thanks." She replie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter