The Insulin.

The Psychopath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

As soon as she saw Namjoon breaking the bathroom’s door she ran to where he was and hugged him so tight that he couldn’t even breathe. She was so scared, thinking that maybe she was going to go back again to the hell she was leaving before.

 

Of course she thinks this mess and chaos the city has emerged is all her fault. She took Jungkook’s sanity with her and is no longer something that Jungkook has, he is done even with himself, he is no longer a human being.

 

But damn, still, she knows she is not the one to blame but why does she feels that way? Should she just left with Jungkook? Should she just go to him and end this mess?

 

“We need to leave now!” Namjoon said, and both walked down the stairs.

 

“What is going on?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

Namjoon covered her head with a piece of fabric. “A disaster, stay hide” He said.

 

Seokjin arrived with the car and Namjoon opened the back door for her to go inside, he hop on right after and Seokjin accelerate as much as he could.

 

The city is a chaos: some buildings are in flames, you can see maniacs stealing freely in the stores, police officers being murderer, dead people’s body on the floor; plus the darkness around the city.

 

She started to cry. She did all this. She was the one who pushed Jungkook to his edge.

 

“Oh my God… no…” She whispered to herself and hided her face on Namjoon’s chest. “This is all my fault”

 

He looked at her. “Why would this be your fault?”

 

“I told Jungkook to leave me alone” She confessed. “He went to see me and I just couldn’t handle anymore”

 

Namjoon cupped her face. “You saw him?! Tell me Chaeyoung you had contact with him?!”

 

“Yes!” She yelled. “I- I was with him all this time… I’m so sorry”

 

“Why you didn’t tell us Chaeyoung?” Seokjin asked while driving.

 

“I- I don’t know….”

 

Namjoon breathe deeply. “Well, that’s not important anymore… the important thing is that you’re safe and with us”

 

Seokjin shook his head. “Still, we need a pl-”

 

A car crashed against theirs.

 

The impact was so big and so strong that Seokjin’s couldn’t control the car any longer; it was pushed against a brick wall, making their way out impossible.

 

“!” Seokjin yelled as he tried to break the windshield glass of the car. “Ah!”

 

“Are you ok?” Namjoon asked Chaeyoung.

 

But she wasn’t; the impact made her head hit the glass so she was bleeding. She was struggling to stay awake and nodded.

 

“We need to leave, come on” He said, as he tried to push her forward towards Seokjin.

 

But the security of a gun paralyzed them.

 

Hoseok and Jimin were both pointing at them as Jungkook went out of the driver seat of the car that crashed against them.

 

Jungkook was shaking his head, like disapproving their escape. “What am I going to do with you?” He said, looking at the trio. “Taking away my girlfriend is not a friend’s move”

 

“We are not friends Jungkook” Namjoon answered.

 

“Well, not anymore” He walked towards them. “Besides you don’t even tell her to put the seatbelt on and now she is bleeding… I should shot you to death”

 

Silence.

 

“But I’ll be the good guy here and I only will ask you… to give her to me”

 

“That won’t happen” Seokjin said bravely.

 

“That’s very heroic my friend” Jungkook said to him. “But I think there’s no other option”

 

Silence.

 

“I mean I can shot you two and take her with me” He laughed.  “I’m only asking it nicely on honor to our friendship”

 

Honestly, they both don’t know what to do. They want to survive just in case they could make up a plan to protect Chaeyoung and fix the city before the government brings a totally civil war to their eyes. And let’s, be practical Jungkook has the power now, it doesn’t matter if they deny her to him, he can kill them and leave.

 

They have all the chances against them.

 

“I’ll leave with him” Chaeyoung whispered. “I’ll leave with you” She said to Jungkook. “But the detectives are out of the question, leave them alone”

 

“Deal baby” Jungkook said, not taking his smile off his face. “I’ll do as you say”

 

“Chaeyoung” Namjoon grabbed her arm. “You don’t have to do this”

 

Chaeyoung tried to stand up. “It’s ok Detective... he won’t do anything to me, I know” She said. “But I don’t want anyone else to pay my debts… you don’t deserve to be shot for me so please… let me go” She said looking at Namjoon’s hands holding her arm strongly, really not wanting her to leave. “I trust you guys will fix this”

 

Namjoon and Seokjin stayed petrified as Chaeyoung walked to Jungkook’s car.

 

What they can do? Absolutely nothing.

 

“I accomplish my promise” Jungkook said as he walked back to the car. “And more to someone that I love”

 

“We will get you” Soekjin said at last.

 

Jungkook smiled. “I’ll wait” And went inside the car.

 

Jimin went to the driver seat and they left the place.

 

Chaeyoung  stayed watching how the bodies of the detectives were going little and little everytime the car was driving away. And just in that moment, she remembered something important. “No… Jungkook.. I-”

 

“You’re not going anywhere” He whispered to her without making eye contact. “Period”

 

She insisted. “It’s important we- we need to go to my apartment I- I need-”

 

“We’re not going anywhere…” Jungkook repeated.

 

“No no no… it’s for something important”

 

They were already far away from Namjoon, Seokjin and the apartment.

 

“Jungkook… really… I need my insulin”

 

“What is that?” Hoseok asked with a curious tone.

 

“I- I explain you later” She responded him and looked at Jungkook. “Please… please… it’ll be quickly”

 

Jungkook turned around to look at her with some kind of rage. “Shut up you traitor”

 

Silence.

 

Chaeyoung gasped, she felt so scared at that look; that is not the same Jungkook she met before; she slowly let her body fall on the opposite side of the car… and stayed in silence.

 

 

 

 

 

The government received the news about the tragedy in Bussan and as Namjoon and Seokjin predicted, they sent big groups of their military troops, with a big collection of weapons and well-experience captains.

 

Before any civil fight to put the city on order and control the situation, the government ordered to the cities surrounding Bussan to block the ways out and the ways in until the situation was normal. After that, they sent the troops inside the city and a living-hell started.

 

“There was no other choice but this” The boss said. “We couldn’t control the kid and he won big time on us… this is the consequences for not acting when we had to”

 

“Honestly sir” Detective Kwon said. “We could react in time but we were surrounded by great actors who pretended to care for the city” A pause. “I don’t want to be the guy who always goes in the opposite way but I know for a fact that all the accusations against former Mayor Park were only a scam from Senator Bang”

 

The boss supported his bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter