Too Far.

The Psychopath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

She can hear the voices outside; the day of the conference arrived. She knows her dad won’t even care where she was going to go so she got out of her house ready; using a sophisticated outfit for today’s important situation. This is the first time she will talk for herself and defend her dignity in front of so many that did her wrong.

 

At least this will be something that she fix or damage even more but its something that will be made from her own hands, she doesn’t have to thank nobody or to blame nobody.

 

Chaeyoung fixed herself in the mirror one last time feeling her heart pounding so hard against her chest like a hammer hitting a brick wall or a rocking ball hitting a building. She wants to throw up, she wants to runaway right now but something deep inside tells her that this is the right thing to do so she can clean her name properly.

 

“It’s time” Lisa said entering in the room; she could hear the excitement coming out of . “Well, there’s still ten minutes left but you know what I mean”

 

She breathes deeply before facing her friend. “Yeah…How do I look?” And opened her arms wide.

 

“Stunning!” Lisa exclaimed and walked to her. “Is that a new makeup? It looks so cute”

 

“No… it’s just something I didn’t use for a long time” She paused, looking in the mirror again. “I’m going to die”

 

Lisa rolled her eyes. “Don’t be so pessimist… after this, everything will go well. Besides we-”

 

Chaeyoung looked at her when she stayed in silence and noticed Lisa watching her oddly.

 

She frowned. “What?”

 

“What is that?” She pointed at her neck.

 

She started to check her neck in the mirror and what she saw, took her by surprise. Her face went red as a tomato. “This… uh… I-”

 

“You fall and landed on your neck?”

 

“No... I-”

 

“Fall in someone else’s mouth?”

 

“Stop” Chaeyoung said. “It was something I... that just… happened”

 

Lisa gasped really hard. “And there’s more?” She said as she lifted part of her hair falling on her shoulders. “Oh my God Chaeng… are you dating someone and didn’t told me? Did you found someone else? Dear God, you went back with Mino, I-” Silence. “Are you seeing Jungkook?”

 

Chaeyoung shushed her. “Stop… no”

 

“Why are you whispering then?”

 

She rolled her eyes. “Stop asking Lisa… I- I just… I… you know what? Yeah, I fall and landed on my neck, how about that?”

 

Lisa narrowed her eyes. “I’m watching you”

 

“It’s time!” Jisoo suddenly appeared behind the door. “I am so nervous and it’s not even me the one who’s going to talk”

 

“Oh my God!” Jennie said, right behind Jisoo. “How many reporters did you guys invited?”

 

“Just a few” Lisa answered.

 

“We are packed!”

 

The four of them walked towards the stage, far enough for no one to see them and in fact, the whole studio was full of reporters, camera men, photographers and even magazine people. In Lisa’s list were only ten specific channels invited but looks like the voice spread around the media community.

 

“Well… this is better”

 

Chaeyoung went pale. “I’m going to puke… I swear I will puke”

 

Jennie held her by her shoulders. “No, you’re going to do great, ok? Think of all the people thought about you when your dad put all the blame on your back”

 

“Still… I want to puke”

 

Taehyung walked towards them from the back. “Are we ready?”

 

Lisa shook her head. “Chaeng wants to puke”

 

“You want to screwed up even more?”

 

She breathes deeply one more time. “No… I’m going to do it…”

 

“Here” He handed her a bottle of water and she drank it. “Everything will be ok… we trust on you”

 

She nodded, but for more she knows she has her friends right behind her, she still have doubts of what this could mean to her family and most of all, to her father, that even if he doesn’t think one bit about her, she does think at least a bit about him, but the rest.. This is a time for herself, she has this right, this is a must and she has to take it with security.

 

Taehyung stared at her as he walked to the stage, nodding, making sure he is also giving her strength.

 

As soon as he came out, the flash and cameras turned to him, the studio went silence.

 

“Good afternoon everyone” He started. “We want to thank each one of you who accepted our invitation and came here to have information at first hand. I would like to thank the team who collaborated with us on this as well and to all the people who provided their assistance”

 

Everybody was looking at him.

 

“So now… my great and longtime friend Park Chaeyoung will give this press conference for all of you to know the truth about all the situation she was involved in. The round of questions will start when she finishes. With nothing else to say… Park Chaeyoung”

 

She didn’t expected but she was received with a round of applause when she came in the stage. Could it be… these people are actually appreciating her braveness? She hopes so.

 

Chaeyoung stepped in the pedestal and put the speech she wrote herself on top of the wooden surface.

 

This is it.

 

“Good afternoon; I would like to start by thanking each one of you for taking your time to come here and listen to my story. The part that no one told you about. I won’t last long because it was a pretty short but intense kind of story. I would like to also apologize with my father because I know he is watching right now and I don’t think he will like what I will say… but” She took a deep breath again. “I deserve to clean my name; I deserve to have peace of mind and to say the true”

 

Silence.

 

“I met Jeon Jungkook when…”

 

 

 

 

 

His idea is working, he is not only helping Chaeyoung to clean her name and say the true about them but he knows Mr. Park is dying each second she speaks and that is just the strawberry of his plan. He basically killed two birds with one shot. But the first bird deserves to stop receiving to many unnecessary hate while the other one does deserve to die.

 

Jimin was sited behind him, eating cookies with Hoseok on his side, both excited to see Jungkook’s plan actually succeeding.

 

“Are you happy?” Hoseok asked Jungkook with a playful tone.

 

Jungkook laughed. “I would have been even happier if I could see Park’s face right now”

 

“To be honest, I thought she wouldn’t do it”

 

“You know Chimminie?” Jungkook said. “Me too”

 

“Maybe you don’t know her as you think you do”

 

“No…” His smile went sassy. “I discovered that last night”

 

“Everything she is saying is true?” Senator Bang asked; he was sited right next to Jungkook.

 

“Yeah…” He said, more in a whisper than his real tone.

 

 

 

 

“WHAT IS SHE DOING?!” Mr. Park yelled in his office. “Did you guys knew about this?” He turned around to point at Peter and Emma.

 

“Sir” Peter answered first. “We- we didn’t know”

 

“Ah!” He pushed all the things that were on his desk to the floor. “Call Chaeyoung now! I am so mad at her!”

 

“Sir, I-”

 

“Shut up!” He yelled again. “Don’t try to defend her or you will be fired!”

 

Silence.

 

“She is so stupid!! How does she dare do this to me? To her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter