The Play.

The Psychopath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Busan was a normal and peaceful city, with a beautiful blue ocean, crowded streets and with gorgeous skyscrapers. The people could manage to have time and control of both aspects of their lives; the work and the free time with their love ones. The streets were secure and sometimes they fought disasters together and help each other to walk through the dark of those hard times.

 

That’s how this city has survived through the years.

 

The mayor was loved by everyone but also hated by the rotten apples who always wanted the power. Sometimes, they tried push him out of his position, to climb their way to the power and destroy the city painfully and slowly. But they always failed. The mayor got his way to the success as people always got his back; no one can’t blame them because he has been doing his job pretty well.

 

Yeah, he was doing a great job as a mayor, but terrible as a father.

 

He had a daughter named Chaeyoung.

 

A bright, charming and gorgeous girl who had to raised herself because the lack of her father’s attention. She grew up all by herself and the help of her housekeeper and driver, both were definitely their only close thing to parents and they always supported her in anything, while her father was busy doing some other things.

 

Chaeyoung used to live alone in her house only with them both, her father barely goes and visits her and even though she used to feel lonely and sad by that, the only acknowledgment of her workers having her back pushes her to be a happy girl after all. She also used to spend her time with her friends and going out to parties and reunions, to keep her mind free.

 

She moved forward and was now in such a good place in her life that this was almost perfect.

 

That day, she was in the library of her high school; she was finishing her homework to have all her weekend free from chores. Then, she felt her best friend, Lisa, knocking her table, which made her looked up at her.

 

“So…” She started to say. “Are we going to the party or not?”

 

Chaeyoung moved her head to the side. “Uh… I don’t think I should go”

 

“Why not?” Lisa asked, sitting beside her.

 

She shrugged. “I don’t know. I think it will be too awkward with Mino there”

 

Lisa rolled her eyes. “It has been six months Chaeng; I think you should move on”

 

“I move on, but he hasn’t” She looked at her. “Do you want to be in the middle of our never ending bickering?”

 

Lisa stayed in silence for a while and started to shake her head to the sides. “No, I don’t. I think no one” and laugh shortly.

 

“See?” She answered. “I don’t want that to happen. It has to be a happy day for Seungnie”

 

“Ok… I get it now, but still, text him something; a great lie”

 

“I will Lisa” She said after sighting.

 

“That means you won’t do anything tonight? Oh my God Chaeng, it will be such a boring Friday for you!”

 

“Do you think I care?” She started to laugh. “I will find something fun to do while you’re in that party”

 

“Still, it will be boring” Lisa said glancing at her books. “You started to make homework now?!”

 

“Yeah, I want to have my weekend free-” She then rolled her eyes and looked at Lisa. “Why are you asking me all these questions? You’re so annoying!”

 

Lisa smiled. “I want to convince you to come by telling you how miserable your night will be”

 

“Get out!” Chaeyoung pointed at the exit of the library while Lisa laughed and started to stand up. “Don’t forget to text me” She said before Lisa exited the salon.

 

“Yeah, but hey… boring night coming, huh?” She teased again and laughed.

 

“Get out!”

 

Lisa laughed hard as she was walking out the library and let Chaeyoung with a smile writing in her notebook the final paragraphs.

 

Yeah, it will be a boring night but she prefers a boring night to an awkward night with conversations about returning to be what they used to be. She had a relationship with Mino, one of his dearest classmates; they liked so much since the day they met each other in high school, the friendship involved in something else and they ended up being boyfriend and girlfriend after long and beautiful dates… but one day… Mino screwed up by getting drunk and cheating on her.

 

That destroyed her and she decided to never spoke him again as she was really hurt, but she also realized that the situation was heartbreaking for their friends who started to be awkward with each other. She felt she was the responsible for such attitude between them… so she decided to forgive him and move on with her life, but Mino took that forgiveness as a second chance, misleading completely Chaeyoung’s intentions and since that day, he always go to talk to her about going back as a couple.

 

Today was Seungyoon’s birthday and she didn’t want to ruin the day for him by the discussion they are used to hear all the freaking time they are together. For Chaeyoung was better to stay in her place and just have fun on her own; maybe watching a movie, read a book, write in her blog or just sleep all day to recharge herself. She knows she will find something fun and nice to do.

 

After some minutes, when she finished her homework, she saved all her things in the bag and walked slowly towards the exit when her driver text her he was already outside.

 

She smiled when she saw him and walked to where he was while he opened the door for her.

 

“Miss Park” He smiled at her.

 

“My favorite part of the day is when I see you, Peter”

 

The middle age man smiled at her. “Because that means the school is over”

 

“Exactly” She said before going inside the car.

 

The driver closed the door, went inside the car himself and started to move it towards the road.

 

“How was school today?”

 

She sighed. “It was normal… nothing excited happened today”

 

“Oh, can I tell you a secret?” He asked her watching him through the reviewer mirror. “It will be something interesting”

 

Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes. “What?”

 

He smiled. “Lisa told me to convince you about go to a party tonight”

 

She couldn’t believe that. “Are you serious?”

 

He nodded and smiled. “She told me you are planning to have a boring night, is that true?”

 

“It’s not a boring night” She rolled her eyes. “I just don’t want to go to that party”

 

“Will Mino be there?”

 

“Yeah”

 

“Then, don’t go”

 

“Thank you!” She exclaimed, a little bit happy. “You are the only one who understands me”

 

“You got to listen to your heart and if you don’t want to go, you should not go, besides…” He did a long pause which made her feel a bit weird.

 

“Besides?”

 

“Your dad is coming”

 

Silence.

 

She hasn’t seen her dad in ten months.

 

The last time he only got dinner with her, give her a kiss on the forehead and went out of the house with anything else to say but that “he got some work to do”, now her heart started to run fast, she suddenly felt a bit nervous and anxious because he was coming and she didn’t know how she will handle that.

 

What are they going to talk about? How will be his attitude tonight? Yada, yada, yada, she sometimes felt annoying to ask herself those questions because it was her dad; how can she not know how to handle a visit from her own father?

 

“He wants to go out with you tonight”

 

Say what? That for sure is new and is making her more unsure of what she will do when she is already in front of him.

 

She saw how he was passing her a pamphlet and she took it.

 

“It’s a play of mimes that arrived a week ago to the city”

 

“A play of mimes?” She said as she checked the material. “Since when we don’t see him again? Since I was five?”

 

The old man let out a soft laughter. “Chaeyoung… respect your father, he only wants to spend time with you”

 

She rolled her eyes. “Still, why don’t you take me to some coffee or some other play… but a play of mimes? That’s… that’s another level of joke”

 

“Chaeyoung Park…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter