Fade

Because Of You

Jaehyun POV

I keep on asking myself, what should I do to make her smile again, I want to see her smile again.

Actually I met her before the accident, both of us was volunteered to take care of the orphans in an orphanage every weekend. I was responsible for cooking and singing, while she was responsible to teach the kids.

Funny, we work together but we never talk. We were strangers – for her. For me, seeing her smile was enough to make my day perfect. Then, she never joined the volunteer work again and I miss her so much.

I was surprised that evening when she was the one who opened the door, but her face was full of sorrow. She didn’t recognize me at all. That night after she bought the sweater, I silently followed her.

She kept on crying and that broke my heart.

When she came the next day with her boyfriend, I knew the reason why she was so sad. They just broke up and Minjung (finally I get her name) couldn’t accept the reality that they had broken up.

I knew she always sit on the bench near Han River. I found her accidentally. I was taking stroll to get fresh air when I saw her sit there and mourn. I return again the next day and she was there again. From there I knew that she will stay there from 4 until dinner time.

I park my car in my favorite restaurant. I know she hasn’t eat anything and I don’t want her to get sick.

“What do you want to eat Minjung a? How about aglio olio spaghetti?” I lift my head from the menu and look at her. She doesn’t even touch the menu. “2 set of aglio olio spaghetti, hot mango tea, garlic bread and roast sausage. Thank you”

She keeps on quiet, doesn’t utter any words and that make my heart hurt. I look at her, my hand try to reach out to her (my gawd hand, please!). I hold her hand and caress it softly.

I hope my feeling reach you. I wish you forget him soon.

“I’ll wait for him Jae-, I know he will return to me soon.” I look at her, my heart feels hurt. I look at my food and decide to savor it.