Sunset

Court Me First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seulgi-ya you look pretty bum. What happened?"

 

Seulgi passed over her quiz paper to Wendy. Wendy scrutinized the paper.

 

"Uhm.. What's the number again before one?"

 

"Zero."

 

"Oh right. Congratulations your score is zero."

 

Seulgi wanted to cry right there and then.

 

"What am I going to do?? Our subjects are based zero. I'm so dead." Seulgi pulled her hair downwards in frustration.

 

"Hydraulics is all about water and I'm already drowning! And I don't even know how to swim! How am I gonna raise my grade?!"

 

"This is not good Seulgi. We have another quiz again in Hydraulics today."

 

Seulgi's eyes bulge out from their sockets.

 

"What?! I didn't know that! I thought it's next week! I didn't even study yet!"

 

Wendy shakes her head in disagreement.

 

"No. Didn't you see the post of Professor Minn in our group in Microsoft Teams yesterday? He said it's today."

 

Seulgi felt like a bucket of cold water splashed onto her face.

 

"No, I didn't! Holy crap! Wendy help me out I'm gonna fail this subject!"

 

"Don't worry. I got you." Wendy shows her thumbs up to Seulgi.

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes. I won't leave my best friend behind."

 

"Then how will you help me?"

 

Wendy confidently wore a smile on her lips.

 

"The quiz will be one seat apart but it's alright as long as we're seated next to each other. When the Professor distribute the quiz papers, don't write your name on it and try to answer anything you can. Then after I'm done with my own, when the Professor is not looking on our way, we'll exchange papers and I'll continue answering your paper. After that write your name on the paper I'd exchange with you then pass it in front.” Wendy explained.

 

“We can do this. The Professor always gives one set of exams only."

 

Seulgi's jaw dropped on the floor.

 

"Are you being serious right now???"

 

"I'm seriously serious. Or else do you want to retake this subject next semester?"

 

Seulgi laughs nervously.

 

"N-No, I don't want to. Let's do that."

 

Their Professor then entered the classroom.

 

"Okay class, we will have our quiz today like I reminded on you yesterday in our group chat. Please arrange your chairs, one seat apart and we will start the exam."

 

Seulgi started to panicked.

 

"Wan-ah are you really serious about your plan? Are we going to do that? Isn't the exam all about the solutions? What about our hand writings? What if the Professor caught us? What are we going to do? I don't want a zero recorded on my final grade!"

 

Wendy gave a light squeeze in Seulgi's hand.

 

"Seulgi do you trust me?"

 

"B-But--"

 

"I said do you trust me?"

 

"Y-Yes I trust you."

 

"Good. So just calm down. We can do this."

 

Seulgi can only nod her head silently as she arranged her chair one seat apart next to Wendy.

 

When the students are all set up, the Professor readied his quiz papers.

 

"Please get one and pass." Their Professor said as the students oblige getting one for themselves and passing the remaining test papers to other students. When the quiz paper landed on Seulgi's table, Seulgi wanted to hit her head hard on the table until she gets unconscious. The only thing she knows in the test paper are the name and the date. Rest in peace baby bear.

 

 

1. A 848 BTU/min pump operating at 70% efficiently draws water from a suction line whose diameter is 200 mm and discharges into air through a line whose diameter is 50 mm smaller than the suction line. The velocity in the smaller diameter line is 3.6 m/s. If the pressure at point A in the suction pipe is 0.3467035124 kgf/cm2 below the atmosphere, where A is 1.8 meter below B on the 150 mm line, compute the ff:

a.) Energy added by the pump

b.) Maximum elevation above A to which water can be raised assuming frictional head loss of 1250/381 yards

c.) Find the pressure at B in psi

 

 

2. A closed water tank in 5 m high is half filled with water nozzle 0.075 m in diameter is attached at the side of the tank at a distance of 0.5 meters above the bottom of the tank the nozzle has a coefficient of velocity 0.95 and coefficient of contraction 0.62. Compute the ff:

a.) Compute the velocity of the nozzle to produce 10 HP energy at the nozzle

b.) Compute the rate of flow for the same condition

c.) Compute the air pressure inside the tank to produce 10 HP energy at the nozzle

 

 

3. Four rectangular sharp crested weirs (weir factor = 1.69) are to be constructed on an overflow trapezoidal dam which has an estimated flood discharge of 3,400 m3/s. The dam shall also have six sluice gates (C= 0.85) 2 m wide and 4 m high each and spaced on 10 m on centers. The top of the sluice gates is at elevation 110 m and the recorded elevation of the water surface upstream of the weir is at elevation 115 m. Determine the ff:

a.) Length of each weir when all the sluice gates are open and when maximum discharged is attained.

b.) If two weirs are closed, how deep will the water surface be above the crest of the weir when the maximum discharge is attained?

 

 

You know the feeling when you wanted to laugh and cry at the same time? That feeling is creeping inside your chest and suffocates you. You can't breathe. It's like your heart is being squeeze so hard. It hurts.

 

 

WHY IT IS EASIER TO DIE THAN TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS IN THIS GOD DAMN PAPER???!!!!!

 

 

Doom. Seulgi is doom.

 

Seulgi then averted her eyes on the quotes at the lower part of the test paper.

 

 

 

"If you believe in yourself, anything is possible."

 

 

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA SEULGI BELIEVES SHE'S GONNA FAIL THIS SUBJECT AND IT'S POSSIBLE HAHAHHAHAHAA. THAT QUOTES.

 

 

Seulgi took a glimpse at Wendy. Her best friend was continuously inputting numbers on her calculator while answering the test paper at the same time. Wow. It must be nice if you're that smart. Seulgi grabbed her eraser and write something on it. She then tossed it to Wendy's table. Albeit shock, Wendy picked the eraser.

 

"HELP" is the only word written on the eraser. Wendy signalled Seulgi to just wait. Seulgi nodded, in the verge of crying. Hydraulics lecture subject consist of 2 units which means the exam is good for two hours only. An hour passed as Seulgi was pretending to answer the paper when Wendy tossed the eraser to Seulgi again. Seulgi picked her eraser.

 

"GAME" is written on the eraser. Seulgi nodded her head again as the two engineering students glanced at the direction where their Professor is. Their Professor is not looking at their way when Wendy signalled Seulgi. In one second of skipped heartbeat, Seulgi and Wendy exchanged papers. Seulgi's hands were shaking as Wendy's test paper landed on her desk. Trying to calm down her rapid beating heart, Seulgi examined Wendy's paper and WTF EVERYTHING HAS ANSWERS WITH SOLUTIONS.

 

I SALUTE YOU WENDY YOU'RE A LIFE SAVIOR!

 

 

Seulgi can write her name on the paper in an instant but she waited for her best friend to finish first. She placed her pen down as she keeps on glancing at her best friend. Another hour passed, exactly two hours of the entire exam, Wendy passed Seulgi's paper with her name written on it. Seulgi also did the same on Wendy's paper and she passed the test paper in front. When the Professor col

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter