Confusion

Point of No Return

A few days later, Hyukjae and Sungmin walked into class for the first time in a week. Their classmates gathered around them, curious as to why they were both absent for classes the past week. Sungmin just smiled and told them that they had family matters to settle, before returning to their seats when the teacher walked into class.

Sungmin and Hyukjae had requested for the council to allow them to conduct their duties at night. This meant that they would have to study in the day and conduct checks at nights. The headmaster had also assigned night class students to help them in the day.

Sungmin looked up from his book when he heard his classmates squealing suddenly. When he looked out of the window, he blushed as he saw the student who had just walked past. His mind immediately turned to the memory of the kiss, that Kyuhyun had planted on his lips the other night.

 

“Mr Song, can you excuse Lee Sungmin and Lee Hyukjae from class today? The headmaster is looking for them.” Sungmin blinked twice when he heard his name. Hadn’t they already requested for the council to change their duties to be at night? Sungmin wondered as he and Hyukjae got up from their seats and followed Kyuhyun.

“Heechul is in the headmaster’s office. He is looking for the two of you. I happened to be at the headmaster’s office, so I came to get you.” Kyuhyun explained as he glanced over to look at Sungmin. Only to find the said guy looking at him, turning away when their gazes met. Kyuhyun chuckled on the inside when he saw the tinge of pink that was appearing on the face of the boy.

Kyuhyun knocked on the door of the headmaster’s office and allowed the boys to enter. He waited and was about to leave the office, when he heard Heechul asking him to stay. Kyuhyun strode over and leaned onto the wall, resting his right feet on the wall and crossing his arm.

 

“Rank-A hunter, Lee Sungmin and Rank-A hunter, Lee Hyukjae. We need the both of you to be in Seoul for two months. We have received reports of increased level E sightings there. We had already sent three teams, but it is not enough. The number of level Es sighted had increased significantly that it is threatening the population. The government wants us to resolve the matter, pronto. We were told that a pureblood level E is involved in this case. We have also asked Kyuhyun to provide us with some help and would assist in your mission. Your current tasks would be taken over by other hunters that are studying in Sapphire high.”

Heechul looked at the two boys and smiled after he had finished informing them of their missions. Kyuhyun straightened up from his position and walked over to where the two council leaders were standing.

“I will be sending a few of my best students along with you to aid your mission. I would personally join the rest of you as well.” Kyuhyun stated as he looked at the two boys, focusing his eyes mainly on Sungmin. He watched as the confused boy bit on his lips and blinked confusedly.

“So, when do we leave for Seoul?” He could hear the voice that he liked so much asking. “Tomorrow morning.” He could hear Heechul saying, he smiled at the confused boy and proceeded to walk out of the door.

 

 

Sungmin was confused, just a few days ago they encountered a level E that was a half-blood vampire. Now the council wanted them to take on a pure-blood vampire? He barely took down the half-blood vampire with minimal injuries, were they really ready to take on a pure-blood vampire?

Sungmin and Hyukjae were walking back into their dorm rooms when the sound of their names made them turn back. Heechul walked up to their side and wanted to accompany them back to their rooms.

“You must be very confused, right?” Heechul asked the moment their room door closed. When Sungmin and Hyukjae nodded, he strode across the room and sat on Sungmin’s bed, pulling his left leg to rest on his right.  

“Omma, doesn’t the council have many greater hunter than we are? Are we really ready for this mission?” Sungmin’s mind was in a turmoil, there were just too many things he couldn’t understand.

“The two of you are our youngest rank-A hunters, we wanted to expose the both of you to become rank-S hunters. Since we heard that you had taken down a B-rank, Hankyung and I felt it was time you took on A-ranks. You have skills and agility, that not many hunters possess.” Heechul smiled at the boys in front of him, he had always been proud of his son and Hyukjae.

They surpassed all the expectations, which they had of them. It was not easy becoming a rank-A hunter at the age of sixteen. Most hunters only became rank-A at late twenties, some even in their thirties. He knew that they would surpass them in their abilities and become great high-ranking hunters.

“Omma, can you explain to us more about the different vampires and how to take them down? Maybe then can we better comprehend on what to do.” Hyukjae voiced out beside Sungmin, he knew that the both of them would be able to perform better as they learnt more. They had good instincts and always knew how to react to situations. They nodded as they attentively listened to the things that Heechul was telling them.

 

 

That evening, Sungmin was in the school sports hall practicing his martial arts. It had been awhile since he last practiced. He wanted to be of top conditions, if he were to take on a high leveled mission. He laid down on the floor, panting and gasping for air when he had finished. As he was cooling down, a figure approached him with a towel and a bottle of cool water. Sungmin sat up the moment he saw who it was.

“Here, have a drink.” Sungmin blushed when Kyuhyun sat down beside him, stretching the bottle of water to him. Sungmin took the water and drank it, wishing for the blush to go away. Sungmin was sure his cheeks turned bright red, when Kyuhyun pressed the towel he was holding onto Sungmin’s arms.

“Thank you, Kyuhyun-shii…” Sungmin looked down at the bottle, trying hard to avoid looking at Kyuhyun. “Just call me Kyuhyun, Sungmin.” Sungmin bit on his lips shyly as he turned to look at Kyuhyun.

“Kyuhyun, don’t you have class?” Sungmin asked as he took another gulp of water. He looked over at Kyuhyun when he did not reply, catching the gaze the guy had on him.

“I can leave class any time.” Sungmin could hear the smile in Kyuhyun’s voice, even though he held a straight face.

“I told Hyukkie that I would be meeting him at the shooting range at 7pm. So, I’ll see you tomorrow.” Sungmin was going to stand up when Kyuhyun pulled him down and close to him. Sungmin blushed at the proximity of their faces. He could see why everybody is head over heels over him. Kyuhyun was stunning from afar but even more so up close. Sungmin’s gaze moved from Kyuhyun’s eyes down to his lips. He whimpered when Kyuhyun pulled him into a hug and pressed their lips together.

Sungmin gasps as Kyuhyun bit on his lips and slipped his tongue into his mouth. Their tongue fought for dominance for a while, until Sungmin’s tongue hit onto the canine teeth of Kyuhyun’s. Sungmin pulled away and looked at Kyuhyun. For that instance, he had forgotten that Kyuhyun was a vampire and Sungmin was a hunter.

“I love you, Sungmin.” Sungmin blinked, he couldn’t believe it. A pureblood, the top of his clan liked him, a vampire hunter. He would be the one killing his fellow pureblood but Kyuhyun was saying that he loved him? Sungmin could not comprehend it.

“I’m sorry.” Sungmin pulled away from Kyuhyun, took his things and ran out of the hall. Sure, he liked Kyuhyun a lot too. However, isn’t it a taboo for vampires and vampire hunters to be together? His weapons are meant to kill and injure vampires. He did not want to hurt Kyuhyun with his weapon.

He tried to forget the kisses that Kyuhyun had given his as he shot in the shooting range. However, he could not get rid of the thoughts of him. He really liked him but they probably weren’t meant to be together.

Well… That’s what Sungmin thought, but fate thought otherwise.

-TBC-

 

A.N: woooookies I think this chapter is boring >< but please bear with me.. there would be more thrills from now on :x do comment and subscribe! Thanks for reading! 😃