The journey

Point of No Return

“What’s bothering you, Min?” Hyukjae questioned his best friend, the moment the door to their shared room was closed.

He noticed how Sungmin stared into a distance occasionally, he even missed almost all of his shots. The boy would always hit the vital points of the target with his shooting. However, today even when the target was right in front of him, he still missed.

He knew that something was bothering him, but Sungmin was not telling him. Which was weird because Sungmin tells him everything. He decided that if Sungmin wasn’t going to tell him, he would have to force him to spar with him. Maybe then, he would tell Hyukjae what was on his mind.

When the boy shook his head, and told him that nothing was wrong. Hyukjae grabbed the boy’s arm and pulled him out of their room. When Sungmin asked him where they were heading to, the former just kept quiet.

They headed to the sports complex and Hyukjae demanded that Sungmin sparred with him. Whenever the boys sparred, they had a habit of sparring until their bodies gave way.

As the two boys laid on the floor, panting and trying to catch their breaths. Hyukjae turned to his side and stared at his best friend.

“C’mon, Minnie. What’s bothering you?” Hyukjae watched as the latter bit on his lips and glanced at him.

“Hyuk… Is it ok for humans to date with vampires?” Hyukjae’s eyes widened at the question, he never thought of it. Sure, he heard of humans and vampires dating, that was why there are half-blood vampires. However, the thought of his best friend asking him that, came as a shock to him.

“Well… There are humans who marry vampires, that’s why half-blood vampire exist right?” Hyukjae sat up and held Sungmin’s hand in his. He was worried about him, was he in love with a vampire? Or was a vampire in love with him?

“Hyuk… Kyuhyun kissed me just now… For that moment when he kissed me, I forgot that he was a vampire…” Hyukjae looked down at their clasped hands, when he felt the hand trembling slightly. He gave the hand a gentle squeeze and smiled at his best friend.

If the vampire in love with his best friend was Kyuhyun, he felt more assured. That man was the direct descendent of the Cho family, the strongest vampire tribe after all. If Sungmin ever needed protecting, he would be the best candidate.

“Follow you heart, Min. You heart knows best.” Hyukjae grinned his gummy grin, as he stood up and helped Sungmin to stand.  

 

 

The next day morning, Heechul was waiting for the boys at the school gates. He instinctively his bike gently and warmed up his engine. He had spent the entire evening in the headmaster’s office with Kyuhyun, Kangin and Leeteuk. The last pureblood level E they encountered was sixteen years ago. Hence, this time they had to plan carefully and avoid as many causalities as possible.

When he heard voices approaching him, he turned and smiled at the two boys walking up to him. “Good morning omma!” The boys greeted Heechul as they approached him.

“Omma, can I ride the bike with you?” Sungmin asked as he walked to the bike behind Heechul. Heechul raised his eyebrow and looked at Hyukjae questioningly. The latter just shrugged and said that he would follow Kyuhyun’s car.

Before Heechul could respond, a car drove up to them and stopped. The owner of the car and the passengers stepped out. Hyukjae picked up his and Sungmin’s bags and squeezed them into the boot that was half-filled with bags.

“Goodmorning Kyuhyun.” Heechul grinned at the pureblood and turned to put on his helmet.

“Good morning Heechul. Sungmin and Hyukjae, let me introduce you to the people that would be joining you with your mission. You should already know Donghae and Ryeowook, beside Ryeowook is Kim Yesung and beside Donghae is Kim Kibum.” Kyuhyun pointed to the boys behind them and shared their abilities to the boys.

Pureblood vampires, they each have abilities of their own. Ryeowook has incredible healing powers, Yesung has telekinesis, Donghae is a fire wielder and Kibum manipulates water and ice. Kyuhyun asked these boys because they had strong abilities and had participated in high-leveled missions before.

Kyuhyun left his vice president, Choi Siwon and his personal aide, Zhoumi behind, to take care of the night class while he was away. He knew that the night class would be in good hands with both the headmaster and his vice president’s help.

“Before we go Sungmin, can we talk for a while?” Sungmin looked up and stared blanking at the man. He wanted to refuse but Heechul gently pushed him to follow the man. Sungmin glared at Heechul but followed Kyuhyun anyway.

Kyuhyun reached for and held onto the younger’s hand gently, when they were out of sight from the rest. “Why did you run away yesterday?” He tried to look into Sungmin’s eyes but the younger just kept avoiding his eyes. He held up the boy’s chin gently and pressed a kiss onto his lips.

“You liked it, so why did you run away?” He tried to ask again. His fingers still holding up Sungmin’s chin, preventing him from looking down to avoid his eyes. He watched as the boy bit on his lip nervously and tears welling in his eyes.

He pulled the boy into an embrace and patted his back gently. “It’s not a taboo for vampires and humans to date. I will protect you no matter what. We were meant to be together, Min.” Kyuhyun whispered softly into the boy’s ears, trying to calm him down.

He pulled away from the embrace and looked into the boy’s eyes. “I love you, Min and I mean it.” He smiled as he wiped away the tears from Sungmin’s eyes. He had liked the boy for a very long time. From the very moment, he laid his eyes on Sungmin, he knew that they were meant to be together. After all, he knew something about the boy, that the boy didn’t.

 

“Shall we go?” Heechul probed when the younger came back, as he passed Sungmin the spare helmet. The boys nodded and entered the car. Heechul waited from Sungmin to get on and grab onto the handles before he sat behind him.

“You know how to use this, Min?” Heechul asked curiously, he had never taught Sungmin and Hyukjae how to ride a motorbike.

“Yea, the headmaster taught us so that we can use when we go for missions at other further towns.” Sungmin kicked the stand that was holding the bike up and placed his leg up on the foot rest as he eased the bike out of the gate.

With one power press of the accelerator, they sped out of the school compound and onto the connecting bridge to the outside world. The car following behind them, the boys in the car chatted with Hyukjae. It would take them six hours to get to Seoul.

When they had passed the first town, Sungmin noticed something blinking on the controls of the bike. It looked like a navigator and there was a moving light that was blinking. He shouted over the loud engine to his omma.

“Omma, there is a blinking light that suddenly appeared on the navigator and it’s moving. What is that?” That question caused Heechul to wrap his arms around Sungmin’s waist as he leaned forward to get a better look at his location blinker.

“There is a level E northwest to here. Let’s head over there.” Heechul told Sungmin as the boy pressed the accelerator harder and sped towards the location stated on the navigator.

Kyuhyun, Min and I will head towards the location on the navigator. The rest of you continue to Seoul. Heechul used his telepathy and connected a path with Kyuhyun. Chul, we’ll go together, it would be faster. Kyuhyun maneuvered the car and followed the location stated on the blinker.

“Omma, isn’t it moving a little too quickly?” The blinking light on the screen had been moving around the location blinker at a very fast speed. Heechul took a look at his blinker and sighed.

“It’s a half-blood that has probably just gotten its vampire instincts awakened. He was probably using his ability to move around for food.” Heechul explained as he eyed the blinker.

A half-blood vampire can develop abilities but those abilities were usually weaker than pure-bloods. Most of the time, their abilities would be the basic telepathy, acceleration, and for some, teleportation. Half-blood vampires with noble blood, would be stronger than normal half-bloods. Having stronger and greater abilities as they mature and grow older.  

“Min, press hard on the accelerator, we will try to intercept the vampire on the north.” Heechul commanded as he wrapped his arms tighter around Sungmin, when the boy increased the speed.

“Omma, we should stop outside the town. The bike is too noisy and if we just intercept it at the north, it would be able to notice us.” Heechul couldn’t help but to smile, his boy has really grown up to be a great hunter.

 

 

Sungmin parked the bike outside the town and the two men walked into the town. The rest arrived a few minutes later and followed the plan they had discussed in the car.

Sungmin and Heechul ran to the entrance of the town and waited for the vampire to appear. If they did not predict wrongly, the vampire was heading in the direction of town entrance. They eyed the location blinker and when the light was close enough to them, Heechul pocketed the blinker.

“Min, use this gun instead. Appa wanted me to pass these to you.” Heechul reached into his pocket and took out two pistol revolvers. The gun had acidic bullets, which were lethal to vampires. He then took out a double barrel shotgun pistol and a dagger from his back pocket.

I will protect your backs. A deep low voice entered both Heechul and Sungmin’s head. At that moment, the figure of the vampire appeared, charging in their direction. “More food?” The vampire cocked its head, its eyes glowing bright red with blood dripping out from its mouth.

Heechul entered the brain of the vampire and stopped the vampire in its step. He pointed his pistol at the vampire as he searched the mind of the vampire. He needed to tell the rest of the team where the bodies of the people he had bitten and if there were possibly more level E.

Sungmin fired two shots from one of his gun, effectively hitting the vitals of the vampire. He then kept the guns in the gun holders and took out his daggers. He had to work fast as the vampire was regenerating at a crazily fast speed. He charged towards the vampire and cut right into the body of the vampire.

The moment Heechul withdrew from the vampire’s mind, the vampire lunged towards Sungmin. It managed to cause a scratch across his body, just when Heechul pressed on the trigger. The bullet entered the head of the vampire and it disintegrated into ashes.

He ran over to Sungmin and examined his wounds. Luckily, it was just a minor scratch and it wasn’t serious. Heechul heard a soft beeping sound in his pocket and pulled out his location blinker.

 

 

“What on earth is this?”

 

 

A.N: ok I know I said i will update on wednesday.. but i managed to finish writing it today sooooo hehe :D Sorry if it was boring! ): I will try to make it more exciting and action-pack soon! Stay with me ok hehe :D thanks for reading! (: