Discovery (background story)

Point of No Return

A.N: Hi guys~ this chapter is a background story and it took place 16 years before the first chapter. Hopefully this background story would clear up any confusing things and reveal the real identity of our characters. It would also make explaining the subsequent fanfics easier through this chapter! Enjoy! :D - ELI

 

 

 

 

“Kyuhyun. Where have you been all day! I have been looking for you every single day!” A man ran up to Kyuhyun, the moment he saw him from a distance.

“I was out hunting level Es. What happened,Mi?” Kyuhyun waited for the man to catch his breath before he recounted what had happened.

“The council called, there was a pureblood level E that had been sighted in Traverse Town. I heard the man had a human wife, the council is afraid that he might hurt his wife! The council had already sent four S-rank hunters and they are on the way there. They hope that you could join them as well.” As the man, Zhoumi finished his speech. He fished out his ringing cellphone and excused himself.

“Traverse town? I will head there now then.” Kyuhyun gave the man a pat on the back as he walked towards his motorbike.

From where Kyuhyun was, it would take him at least two hours to reach traverse town. If he had taken the car, it would probably take him a longer time. So, taking the bike would be a better option. He put on his Bluetooth headset and plugged it into his ear, before putting on his helmet.

“Heechul, where are you guys at now?” Kyuhyun started the engine of his bike and sped down to the location.

“We would reach in around an hour, what about you?” He heard the other man shouting over the loud motor sound, probably riding his bike as well.

“I would reach in an hour and a half or two. Buy me some time when you reached. Is the wife the only person that is in the house?” Kyuhyun shouted in response over his booming motor.

“That’s what we heard, but we might be wrong. I will give you the report when we reached.” Kyuhyun heard the click in his ear, signifying that the other had ended the line. He looked down at the location blinker on his bike and sped towards the area.

He had just taken down two level E that was going on a rampage, just an hour ago. After hearing the reports, he had a stinging feeling that maybe the pureblood and his wife had kids.

He used his telepathy to connect to his fellow pureblood, who had informed him of the case. Mi, can you help me check if the level E has any children? In just a few minutes later, a voice flicked in his head. Crap! It seemed like they had two half-blood infants. Kyuhyun cursed and increased the speed of his bike. If they had children, he might hurt the kids as well.

Kyuhyun connected a path with Heechul and informed him of the news. He heard as Heechul cursed and connected the path with the rest of the hunters.

Guys, we have a high-level mission on our hand. We have three lives that would be endangered by the level E, if he hurts his family members. The first thing we must do would be to find the kids and the wife. Fire at will.

A soft Roger came from the rest of the hunters, as they sped down to the location.

 

Half-blooded vampires were slightly different from purebloods. They do not get their vampire instincts until they passed their eighteenth birthday. This would mean that half-bloods do not know that they are vampires until eighteen.

Kyuhyun has met many half-bloods, who gave in to their blood lust the moment they turned eighteen. Probably because they did not know how to control their instincts. However, he had also met many half-bloods who had good control just like purebloods.

Even in the family of purebloods, there were different rankings and positions just like in the council. Kyuhyun’s family being the top, followed by the Kim family and the Lee family. To hear that the pureblood that had turned into a level E, was from the Lee family. This meant that the pureblood would have greater strength than other vampires. Hence, a high-leveled mission status.

He heard the buzzing in his head as he opened the telepathic connection. We have arrived. He looked down at the location blinker, he would reach in around half an hour. Hopefully, the hunters could buy him time for him to arrive.

 

 

Heechul and his gang stood in front of a mansion that was in a deserted forest in Traverse town. They withdrew their weapons and went into position. Heechul had briefed them on their positions and roles. They were to first determine the location of the vampire and then locate where the wife and the babies were at. They had agreed on using the telepathy path, which Heechul opened for them to communicate.

The vampire is attacking the wife! Came a panicked tone, that rang in Heechul’s head. ! Geng enter now! Kangin determine where the kids are! We will engage the vampire now! Heechul commanded as he broke the door and dashed into the house.

On the second floor, the first room on the left. Heechul and his team ran into the house and dashed up the stairs. His gun pressed on his chest as he approached the room. The kids are in the room next to it. He heard Kangin’s voice in his head as he gestured for Leeteuk to enter the room next to it. Hurry Chul! We are running out of time! She is losing too much blood! 

Heechul gave the door a kick and placed the gun before him as he shouted. “Stop what you are doing!” The vampire glared at him, his eyes bright red and blood dripping out from his lips.

 

“Ha. Kim Heechul, to what honor do I have for you to appear before me. You even brought me more food as well. If I were to drink your blood, I would be invincible! Even the might Cho family won’t bring me down!” The man flamboyantly held his hands in the air as Heechul pointed his gun at him.

“Shut up you, filthy creature. A man who killed his own wife is not worth being known as someone from the Lee family.” He clenched his teeth tightly as the smell of blood entered his nose. His instincts peaking ever so slightly.

“Ha! Says the one who defected and joined the council.” The vampire replied haughtily as he picked up the body of his wife, trying to finish her off.

Before he could take another drop of blood, a bullet flew and hit his hand. He dropped the body and cursed as smoke emitted from his hand. His regeneration peaking, when another shot was released.

“Fire bullets won’t work on me, Heechul!” He shouted and ran towards Heechul. Heechul easily swatted him away, his own eyes glowing bright red.

“They won’t, but this would.” A voice came from behind, Heechul. Hankyung pointed his gun at the vampire. While Heechul, had his guns loaded with fire bullets, Hankyung had his guns loaded with acidic bullets. They were all proven lethal on vampires.

 

The vampire cursed and jumped out of the window. Heechul signaled for his team to head down the stairs and follow him, and told Leeteuk to stay with the kids.

Heechul jumped down from the second-floor window and landed on his feet on the floor.

“You know that I can find you wherever you are hiding, right?” Heechul taunted as he pointed his gun into the direction, where the vampire had been hiding.

He cursed when he heard a scream from where the vampire was at, when he arrived at the scene. Hankyung was in the vampire’s hand and his teeth were plunged in his neck.

Heechul’s eyes glowed red in anger as he dashed towards the vampire and tore it’s arm in the process. This cause the vampire to drop Hankyung and attack Heechul.

Heechul saw Kangin running up to the vampire from the back and swung his sword on it. He is regenerating! Kangin take out your shots now! Heechul glanced back at Hankyung as he watched his body convulsing slightly. We are running out of time. Chul, hurry give him your blood! I will take care of him.

Kangin stabbed the vampire continuously and when the vampire turned towards him. He pulled out his shots and shot them into the vampire. This stopped it in its steps for a moment before he collapsed on the ground immobilized. Kangin heard footsteps from behind him and turned around to look.

At that moment, the vampire pounced on him and grabbed him by the neck.  “Kim Youngwoon-” The figure approached the vampire and tore him apart with his bare hands. Eyes glowing red, as the blood from the vampire scattered on to his clothing. “Cho…” The vampire muttered his last word and disintegrated into ashes.

 

“Kyuhyun! We have to save Hankyung! He got bitten!” Kangin told Kyuhyun in a panicky voice, as they rushed to Hankyung’s side.

Hankyung's head was resting on Heechul's lap as Heechul used his blade to slit a cut on his skin. He dripped his blood into Hankyung’s mouth and Kyuhyun gripped onto his body as it shook even harder. He watched as the transformation took place, he glanced at Kyuhyun and shook his head. He managed to stop Hankyung from turning into a level E just in time. In order to save him, he had to turn Hankyung into one of his kind.

Kangin kneeled beside Hankyung and rested his hand over the wound. When he had pulled away, the bite marks were gone and the skin looked as good as new.

Leeteuk walked towards his teammates, in his arms were a beautiful pair of half-blooded twin babies.

 

 

 

A slight background:

The council was started by a group of purebloods, as the amount of level E sightings increased. The Kim family was the founders of the vampire hunters’ association, they recruited both humans and vampires to aid them in getting rid of the increasing threat. Heechul and Kangin were pureblood vampire brothers from the Kim family, and they grew up in the council. As their parents were the leaders of the council at that time.

They met Hankyung and Leeteuk(humans), who had joined them in their trainings in the council. So, together the four men formed a team and rose in ranks. They met Kyuhyun during one of their missions and soon forming an alliance with the pureblood. Leeteuk started Sapphire High to educate and protect both humans and vampires. He still took on some mission from the council once in a while. Kangin teaches in Sapphire high and he works in the same team as Leeteuk when they went for missions. Kyuhyun is older than the four men by a few years.

Well, as for the half-blood twins, you guys can guess who they are. It would be revealed in the later chapters.

 

 

 

 

A.N: This chapter was a little confusing, so hopefully the background information at the end helped. 😃 thanks for reading! Do comment and subscribe 😊 comments makes me happy 😊 I will update soon! 😃