A tour

Point of No Return

“Your desires. Don’t resist it.” Those words kept ringing in Sungmin’s head, ever since he left Kyuhyun’s room. He laid on his bed, pondering on those words. What was Kyuhyun trying to tell him? His desires? What could Sungmin desire for that, he does not know about?   

Suddenly, he felt the same throbbing feeling in his head. He groaned in pain as he clutched his head in his hands. This was the first time it occurred twice in a day, the headache had never been so frequent.

Hyukjae stirred from his sleep due to the sound. He barely had time to get over his sleepiness before he jumped out from his bed and rushed to Sungmin’s side. He kneeled in front of his best friend and placed his arms around the latter in worry.   

 “Min! What’s wrong? Are you okay?” Hyukjae asked, his voice clothed with worry and urgency. Sungmin waited until the throbbing pain in his head dissipated, before straightening up and answered his best friend.

“I’m feeling better now, Hyuk. I was just had a sudden headache…” Hyukjae looked at his best friend, concern still written on his face. 

“What kind of headache was it, Min?” He asked quietly, as his eyes loomed over his best friend, rubbing the latter’s head gently for him.

“Those throbbing kind of headaches, like it comes for a while before disappearing?” Sungmin smiled at his best friend as Hyukjae sat beside him on the bed.  

“I do get that sometimes too… Was that the headache you felt just now, Min?” Hyukjae asked quietly as he watched his best friend. In fact, Hyukjae wondered how long Sungmin had had such headaches. Hyukjae had it since the start of the year just like Sungmin.

“Yes…I asked Kyuhyun about it and he just told me not to resist it… What does it mean? What desires do I have, that I shouldn’t resist, Hyuk-ah?” Sungmin mumbled as he pulled the pillow from behind him, into his embrace.

“To be honest, I don’t know as well, Min… I once asked the headmaster about it, but he just told me not to resist it, when it comes too. When I asked him what he meant, he just shrugged it off and told me that I would find out soon enough.”

“Well, I guess we have to wait until that time right, Hyuk?” Sungmin asked as Hyukjae shrugged his shoulders and he made a move to get off the bed. 

“I’m going to take a shower, Min. Shall we take a tour in the city before having dinner?” When Sungmin agreed, Hyukjae shot him a grin before entering the bathroom.

 

 

After informing the rest that they were going to tour the city. The boys left the apartment and headed into the city. It had been six years since the boys last been to Seoul, as the academy was a long distance from the capital.

The boys wandered around like little kids in a candy shop. They were amazed by the smallest things. Such as how there were toys in the claw machine that they could catch or even how there were bikes in the arcades for racing. 

Their fascination as well as their good looks, caught the eyes of many as they wandered around the city. However, they didn’t notice it because they were simply too excited. They made their final stop into a street stall selling tteokbokki and settled there for their dinner.

Feeling utterly satisfied, the two boys walked away from the stall, rubbing their tummies. It had been a long time since they had last eaten food that wasn’t from their school canteen.

They walked down the buzzling city streets and enjoyed the night scene of the city. The capital was very different from the country-side, where the academy was at. It was buzzling and there were many interesting things around.

The boys stopped beside a street painter and admired the painting. They were so engrossed with the painting that they didn’t notice a man walking pass them. When they were done with admiring the painting, they left after complimenting the painter.

 

As they turned and headed back to their apartment, a high-pitched scream suddenly filled the air. Sungmin and Hyukjae turned and looked at one another, before running towards the origin of the scream.

Could it be the pureblood level E that they were hunting for? Or could it be other level E, that were attacking people in the city?

Hyukjae stuck his hand into his jacket as he gripped onto the gun that was in its hollister, strapped to his chest. While Sungmin reached into his pocket and gripped the gun that Heechul had given him.

As they were hunters, they had to keep their weapons with them everywhere they went. They would never know when a level E would appear.

They ran into an empty alley, which was dark and had a foul smell. They squinted their eyes as they tried to determine where the level E could be hiding. However, they could find none. They held their guns in their hands, while still searching for the level E.

They walked deeper into the alley, when they saw a pair of bright red eyes glowing and slurping sounds could be heard. A gun shot sound could be heard as the vampire dropped the body that it was feeding on.

The vampire charged towards them in anger, eyes glowing bright red. Another gunshot was fired into the vampire, before it could get close to them. As the gunshot was fired into the heart of the vampire, the vampire disintegrated before it could reach them.

The boys ran up to the person that had been bitten by the level E and examined her condition. Sungmin bent down and felt her pulse, while Hyukjae spoke on the phone with the council.

They managed to stop the vampire just before he fed too much of her blood. The council retrieval group arrived in a few minutes and took the victim away. The two boys gave their statements and headed out of the alley with the team.

Unbeknownst to them, there was somebody that had been standing on top of a nearby building, watching the entire encounter. His eyes flashed a bright red, before he turned and walked away.

 

 

 

A.N: I'm sorry it's very shoooort >< I will write up the next chapters soooooon.. after my exam! I'll update in late june! thanks for reading guys! :D