The stirring

Point of No Return

“Chul, I’m hungry…” Heechul heard the want in Hankyung’s voice, when he walked into the dark bedroom. As he shut the door and locked it. He turned around to be greeted by a pair of bright red eyes, staring at him from the bed.

Heechul walked towards the man who was seated at the bed, and straddled his lap. He allowed the younger man tug down his shirt collar, baring his pale, soft neck skin to the man. He could hear the sound of his skin being punctured, as Hankyung slurped up his blood.

When the man pulled away, Heechul turned to look at the younger man. The younger man’s canine teeth still sticking out from his mouth, as he wiped the blood away the blood that was dripping down his chin.

Heechul ran his hand up and caressed Hankyung’s face gently. “You know I love to see you as a vampire, Geng. You look so damn hot.” Heechul growled, his own eyes widening with lust, before pinning the younger man down and kissing him. 

After their night activity, the two men cuddled and stared into each other’s eyes. Heechul would never forget the day, Hankyung almost died. That fateful day, sixteen years ago.

Ever since his transformation, the younger man depended on the pureblood for food. Sure, he could eat proper food as well, but there were times he would crave for blood. Hankyung refused to take or drink any blood other than Heechul’s. Heechul didn’t allow him to feed on other people as well, because if he did. He might lose control.

Heechul was a pureblood. He came from the strongest Kim tribe of vampires. He and his brother, Kangin, were said to be the strongest vampires in the family. Hence, the blood that he had given to Hankyung, made the younger man stronger than most transformed vampires and half-blood vampires.

“Geng, when do you think we should tell them?” Heechul asked softly as Hankyung rubbed soothing circles on his back. “Soon. Chul, Soon.” Heechul hummed at Hankyung’s answer, before drifting off to sleep. Hankyung stared at the pureblood lovingly, before he slowly fell asleep as well.

 

 

That night, Sungmin was running in a dark empty place. There was no one around him as he shouted and asked if there were anybody around. He had been running for a while, and he could only continue running. He couldn’t even remember why he was running anymore. He ran and ran until he saw a door. He opened it and the door shut behind him. He stepped into the room and was in shock, the room was filled with blood.

Blood was dripping everywhere, from the ceilings, down the walls of the room and filling the room up. He stumbled backwards towards the door and screamed, the level of blood was quickly rising and was already at his waist. He tugged on the doorknob as he tried to open it, but it was locked shut. There was no way out, he screamed for help as the liquid level continued to rise above his waist, up to his chest.

“Min!” He heard someone calling him, but he didn’t know who it was. He was about to drown; the blood was about to cover his entire body. “MIN!” Hyukjae? Did Hyukjae come to save him? He thought before he out.

“MIN! Wake up!” Sungmin jolted awake and sat up. His body filled with sweat, as his frantic best friend shook him vigorously. Sungmin blinked and looked around, before heaving a sigh of relief. It was just a dream.

“Are you ok, Min?” Hyukjae asked, as his concerned eyes ran over his best friend’s body. The latter was screaming and threshing in his sleep. When Hyukjae tried to shake him awake, he didn’t wake up and continued to thresh about. It caused Hyukjae to panic, as he didn’t know what to do but could only continue to shake and call out to him.

“Hyuk? I’m fine… just a bad nightmare, I guess…” Sungmin gave his best friend a sheepish smile, as Hyukjae pulled him into a hug.

“Want to tell me about it, Min?” Hyukjae asked. He moved and laid down next to Sungmin on his bed. He tugged lightly on Sungmin’s arm, silently asking him to join him. Sungmin laid down and recounted the dream to his best friend, as the latter stared at him with disbelieved eyes.

“Maybe, we can ask omma about it tomorrow.” Hyukjae yawned and grinned at his best friend. “I can sleep beside you, like we always did when we were younger. Just in case, you get another nightmare.” Sungmin smiled and nodded to his best friend, as he watched the other boy fall asleep.

Sungmin tried to stay as still as he could, trying to lure himself back to sleep. He just couldn’t get the dream out of his head, there were a lot of things that he didn’t understand. He sighed as he shifted out of the bed quietly, trying not to wake Hyukjae in the process.

When he successfully got out of the bed, he walked towards the door and exited quietly. He walked into the kitchen and poured himself a glass of water. He turned around when he heard movements from behind him.

“Kyuhyun-shi…” Standing behind him, Kyuhyun was leaning against the fridge and was looking intently at him. The vampire simply flashed a smile and waved two fingers at him in acknowledgement.

“I heard you scream.” The vampire started as he walked over to where Sungmin was standing. He stood in front of Sungmin and looked at him with his deep brown eyes, concern written in them.

“It was just a nightmare…” Sungmin stared into his cup of water, trying to avoid Kyuhyun’s gaze. Kyuhyun’s hands slipped below his chin and pulled the boy to look at him.

“Care to share with me?” Kyuhyun asked quietly, as he gazed into the boy’s eyes. When Sungmin shook his head, Kyuhyun smiled and waited for Sungmin to finish drinking his water. Before he took Sungmin’s hand and led him into his room, shutting the door behind them.

“You know that you can tell me everything, right?” Kyuhyun asked as he led the still quiet Sungmin to sit on his bed. He knelt down on the floor before the boy that was sitting on his bed.

“It was really scary… There was blood everywhere, Kyuhyun… The blood filled up and I almost drowned… That was when I heard Hyukjae’s voice, then I woke up…” Sungmin shuddered in memory of the nightmare.

Kyuhyun nodded in understanding, before he stood up and sat down beside Sungmin on the bed. Of course, Kyuhyun knew what was going on. He just didn’t expect the boy to experience it so soon. The headaches and now the nightmare he just had. Kyuhyun knew it was bound to happen soon and he had been preparing for that day for a long time.

He wrapped his arm around Sungmin and pushed his head gently so that it was resting on Kyuhyun’s shoulder. Kyuhyun smiled as he sang gently, lulling the boy to sleep. As the boy fell asleep, Kyuhyun laid him gently on his bed and placed a kiss on his forehead. Just a little while more.

He stared and admired the boy’s features, before standing up and walking to the door. He took a second glance at the sleeping boy before closing the door quietly. What Kyuhyun sang, was a sleeping spell that relaxes the receiver. A smile plastered on his face, as he left the apartment.

 

 

The moon was bright and hanging in the middle of the sky. There were two men standing in a park under the bright moonlight. The taller of the two men, had messy brown hair and was wearing a black buttoned up shirt and jeans. The other man on the other hand, had blond hair that was covering one side of his eyes and was wearing a simple blue t-shirt and jeans.

“What did you call me out for anyway?” The shorter man asked, hands plucked into his jeans pocket. The taller man just shrugged, his eyes glowing a bright red as he spoke.

“You know that I can get rid of you anytime. I thought that I should find out the reasons of what you were doing before I act.” The man in black stated, as he stared at the other man.

“Why should I tell you? You can just kill me now.” The man in blue retorted, his own eyes glowing bright red. The taller man was suddenly in front of him, his hand wrapping tightly around the other man’s neck.

“Ha. I wouldn’t do that, at least not yet. You could be of some use to me.” The man in black loosened his grip on the other man’s neck, shoving him aside and walked away.

“Psst. Damn purebloods.” The shorter man muttered as he rubbed his sore neck, turning and walking away in the opposite direction.

 

 

A.N: thanks for reading guys~ I will update the next chapter next week after I'm done with my assignments and exam(: