The plan

Point of No Return

“What on earth is this?” Sungmin turned to look at the blinker in Heechul’s hands, blinking in confusion. There were many blinking lights that started forming at the center of the location blinker, indicating the number of level Es spotted.

“Looks like that vampire, transformed many people rather than killing them.” A deep voice came from behind where Heechul and Sungmin were at.

“Chul, let’s head over there now. My team and Hyukjae are heading there now.” Heechul nodded and glanced at Sungmin before running to the area, where the vampires were populating.

Sungmin was about to follow Heechul when Kyuhyun laid a hand on his torso, over his wounds and a soft warm green light was seen. Sungmin mumbled his thank yous and ran with Kyuhyun to the where the level Es were at.

“… I’ve never seen this before…” Sungmin gasps when he saw the amount of blood-hungry forms as Kyuhyun’s team and Heechul fought them.

Kyuhyun stepped forward and all the vampires’ eyes were on him. They all froze in fear when they saw him. After all, no vampire wouldn’t be afraid of a descendent of the Cho family.

Kyuhyun grabbed onto Sungmin and covered his eyes. “I’m sorry, but this would be too much for you to see…” He whispered into Sungmin’s ears as he stood behind him.

He watched as Donghae grabbed onto Hyukjae and did the same. “I’m sorry, Kyuhyun’s orders… We don’t want to traumatize you guys.” Donghae whispered into Hyukjae’s ears, a tinge of pink filling Hyukjae’s face in the process.

As soon as their eyes were covered, the level Es in front of them a wind blew through and many of the vampires turned to ashes. Some of them combusted into flames, some turning into ice before turning into ashes. Heechul also shot some of them down with his fire bullets.

When it was clear before them, Kyuhyun and Donghae dropped their hands away from the boys’ eyes.

The boys blinked, looking at the once crowded alley. “Don’t worry about it. Let’s get going back to Seoul. We have to arrive before night fall.” Heechul said, walking in the direction of their vehicles. The boys followed after Heechul with Sungmin and Kyuhyun trailing behind the rest.

 

 

“What happened back there?” Sungmin asked Kyuhyun curiously, as he kept a safe distance from the pureblood.

“It’s nothing to worry about.” Kyuhyun shrugged as they walked down the quiet town.

“It’s not nothing since I couldn’t see anything.” Sungmin argued and pouted.

Kyuhyun closed up the space between Sungmin and him, the latter’s cheek gently. “It’s just too much for you to take, them spontaneously turning into dust. It would be too much for you to take.” He adored the pink on Sungmin’s cheeks and headed towards the car.

“I’ll see you later.” He waved as he entered the car and Sungmin sauntered over to the bike. He took the helmet that Heechul handed to him, placing it safely on his head before placing his hand on the handle.

“Let’s go, Min.” Heechul’s voice came from behind him, as his omma wrapped his arms around his pliant waist. He nodded as he kicked the stand and pressed onto the accelerator, continuing their previously interrupted journey.

 

 

Heechul pondered long and hard, wondering if he should tell Sungmin that he was a pureblood. He never told Sungmin because he never saw a need to tell him. However, the boy will be turning 18 in a year. He felt that maybe he shouldn’t keep it from the boy any longer.

He used his telepathy and communicated with Hankyung. Do you think it’s time to tell baby Min and Hyuk about us? He waited for Hankyung to answer him as he enjoyed the ride.

Why so sudden, Chul? A soft, deep voice entered his head, calming down Heechul’s thoughts.

They would be turning 18 next year, the sooner they know about us, the better no? He replied the other man in calm tone, despite his erratic thoughts.

Maybe after this mission, we can tell them the things they needed to know. After this mission, Chul. I don’t want the truth to affect them. Came a soft reply that buzzed in Heechul’s mind.

Ok geng Heechul smiled, Hankyung was always the wiser and the calmer one. Heechul on the other hand was rash and can be pretty irrational. Hankyung would always know how to handle things in ways that Heechul couldn’t.

He leaned forward and peeked at the location blinker/navigator, and sighed. They still have a long way to go.

 

 

Meanwhile in the car, the boys were sharing about how classes were like in the night class and how different it was from the day class. Hyukjae would talk about his missions with Sungmin since they were younger, and how spent their days together.

The boys would laugh to all the funny stories as they chatted the entire journey. Whenever Donghae glanced over to look at Hyukjae, a small blush would appear on his face before turning to look out of the window.

The boy sure talks a lot, but he is really good looking… Donghae couldn’t help thinking to himself as he looked outside the window.

 

 

“Sungmin! Hyukjae!” A man standing outside the council building, called out happily at the sight of them.

The boys smiled at the man and walked over to hug him. “Appa!” Sungmin smiled as Hankyung ruffled his and Hyukjae’s hair.

“Hi Kyuhyun.” Hankyung made a slight bow before straightening his back as Heechul walked over to his side.

“Shall we head inside? We can discuss the mission over a meal. I’m sure you are all very hungry after that long trip.” Hankyung led the boys into the building and into a huge meeting room. There were packets of food laid out infront of every seat, on the meeting table.

As the boys took their seats, Hankyung sat in the front seat and the screens came on.

“As this would be the first pureblood level E that Sungmin and Hyukjae would be taking on. Heechul and I would be joining you guys on the mission. Kyuhyun and his team would be assisting us, the first time we took down a pureblood Kyuhyun helped us a lot. So, we thought it would be good that he would be around. We found out the name of the vampire, he is from the Kim tribe.” Hankyung explained as he flipped to the next slide, where the image and the background of the vampire was shown.

“The Kim family has a history of very strong vampire abilities, we have three Kims in our team. I’m wondering if any of you know this man.” Hankyung paused to wait for their answer, when he saw them shaking their heads. He sighed and continued.

“Ok, his name is Kim Youngmin, apparently he lives alone. Before he went berserk, he had a full-time job in a printing company. One day, he bit his boss and his collegue. So far, he had bitten more than 15 people in the past five days. So far, the people he bitten are quarantined in the council hospitals, to make sure their conditions is stable. We sent a team of hunter to capture him, but he was always a step quicker than us.” Hankyung sighed as he switched to the next slide.

“This is the breakdown, we will go buy teams. Kyuhyun, Heechul, Sungmin, Hyukjae and Donghae would be in team A. Ryeowook, Yesung, Kibum and I would be in team B. Team A would do your rounds on Mondays, Wednesday and Friday, Team B would take Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays. On Sunday, team A would be in the morning and team B would be at night. The attacks happen mostly at this area, but in the past few days it has been spreading.” Hankyung switched the slide to one with a map that had been marked out.

“We still do not know what ability he has, so do be careful when you encounter him. He is a sneaky one, he always seemed to slip away from our hunters.” Hankyung reached a blank black slide and smiled.

“Any questions?” Hankyung asked as he looked at the boys seated before him. When nobody asked any questions, Heechul went to the front and explained everybody’s role in the mission.

When they were done, Kyuhyun brought the boys to a big suite apartment near the council and assigned their rooms.

 

 

“Ah I’m so tired…” Hyukjae groaned as he plopped down on his bed, the moment they entered their room.

Sungmin glanced over at his partner and smiled. “Come on Hyukkie, go take a bath. You stink.” He teased while sticking his tongue out at his partner.

“Min, you go shower first. I want to rest!” Hyukjae whined as he made himself cozy on the bed. Sungmin rolled his eyes before picking up his clothes from his bag and walked into the huge bathroom.  

As Sungmin took off his shirt, suddenly he felt a throbbing feeling in head. He clutched his head and rested his back against the door. Why is it happening again? He thought to himself, he had been getting these throbbing headaches every once in a while, since the start of the year.

He waited for the throbbing feeling to disappear before he staggered into the shower. Many thoughts flew through his head as he took his shower, he wondered why he had been feeling such pains as of late.

After his bath, he walked out of his room. He found himself standing outside the room that Kyuhyun was resting in. He brought his hand up to knock when the door opened. He looked up at the vampire who smiled at him.

“What’s wrong, Min?” Sungmin shook his head in reply and asked if he could enter the room. To which, Kyuhyun grinned and opened the door wide for him to enter.

“Is something the matter?” Kyuhyun asked as he walked over to the window sill seat and sat on the soft cushion, looking out of the window.

Sungmin stared at the man, the setting sunlight shining on him and he looked like he was glowing. He gulped down his saliva and walked over to where the man was seated at.

“I have been having some throbbing headache of late… It comes and goes pretty often…” Sungmin started as he sat down on the cushion, on the other end of the seat opposite Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun turned to look at Sungmin, his smile never leaving his face. Sungmin realized that Kyuhyun would always look at him with much love, he started to wonder why Kyuhyun said they were meant to be together.

“Min, don’t resist it. When the time comes, don’t resist it. I will help you as well.” Kyuhyun looked into his eyes and moved closer to Sungmin.

“Resist what? What should I not resist?” Sungmin blinked in confusion, a blush forming on his face at the close proximity Kyuhyun was sitting from him.

 

 

 

“Your desires. Don’t resist it.” Kyuhyun simply replied, before leaning down and kissing Sungmin.

 

 

A.N: Sorry I took so long to update this >< the next chapter would probably be out next week… I have loads of assignments to do and an exam coming up! I will update soon! Thanks for reading! Love you all I think I fail at counting chapters hehe, instead of a mini-series it’s becoming a chaptered fic lolol! Once again thank you guys