IX - Arrows

[DubChaeng: One shots/Short Stories]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chaeyoung, not going home yet?” the captain of the track-in-field club, Ahn Heeyeon or Hani asked

“Not yet, captain.” Chaeyoung answered while she drank water “I’m still running for a little bit.”

“Aigoo…alright. But I have to leave now. You’ll be okay practicing alone?”

“Yup. I always practice alone.”

“Okay then. See you tomorrow, Ace.”

“See you, captain.”

Hani walked away while Chaeyoung wiped her sweats. Her orange track-in-field uniform is already soaked wet but she’s not yet satisfied with their practice so she needs to run a little bit more.

She positioned herself in the tracks and was about to run when an arrow suddenly appeared infront of her, hitting the tracks and making her stop.

“YA! THAT WAS DANGER—“ she shouted as she glanced at the bleacher but stopped when she saw a girl standing there while holding a bow. She was wearing a blue green uniform for the archery club. Her hair was red and tied into a bun “-ous…”

The girl just looked at her with an emotionless face as she pointed the arrow. Chaeyoung looked at it and pulled it out from the tracks then faced the girl but to her surprise, the girl disappeared.

“What the heck?” Chaeyoung muttered and looked at the arrows she’s holding. That’s when she realized that there was a paper tied to it “Is this…for me?”

Chaeyoung shook her head and headed to the shower room for the track-in-field club. She took a quick shower and changed back into her school uniform. She puts the arrow inside her bag and went home.

When she got home, she changed into a plain tee and pajama shorts then sat in her bed. She grabbed her phone and got to their group chat.

 

[ILLEGAL ALIENS]

Son Chaeyoung who lives in Korea: Hey, guys. I really wondered why you name this group chat ‘Illegal Aliens’ instead of ‘Idiot Aliens’.

Yoo Jeongyeon who lives in Nayeon’s heart: Oh, Son Chaeng. Annyeong.

Son Chaeyoung who lives in Korea: Annyeong. Is anyone online other than us?

Chou Tzuyu who lived in Taiwan before: Here.

Hirai Momo who lived in Japan before she meet jokbal: I’m here too.

Son Chaeyoung who lives in Korea: Where’s Nayeon unnie?

Yoo Jeongyeon who lives in Nayeon’s heart: She’s in my heart, Chaeng. And she’s busy doing her Council works there.

Son Chaeyoung who lives in Korea: I see. Anyways, can I ask something?

Yoo Jeongyeon who lives in Nayeon’s heart: Shoot…

Hirai Momo who lived in Japan before she meet jokbal: What?

Chou Tzuyu who lived in Taiwan before: What is it?

Son Chaeyoung who lives in Korea: Do you know someone from the archery club?

Chou Tzuyu who lived in Taiwan before: My girlfriend.

Hirai Momo who lived in Japan before she meet jokbal: My dance partner.

Im Nayeon who lives in Jeongyeon’s heart: My cousin. Why’d you ask it suddenly, Chaeng ah?

Son Chaeyoung who lives in Korea: It’s nothing. Anyways, I’m out. I need to rest. Chat you later…

 

Chaeyoung turned her phone off and stared at the ceiling. Her mind drift into the girl who shot the arrow.

‘Why is her face emotionless? Though, I can’t deny that she’s…gorgeous. But a little bit weird.’

“Right. The arrow.”

Chaeyoung immediately stood up and grab her bag. She got the arrow and looked at it.

“Is she the ace? She’s really good at it.”

Chaeyoung noticed the paper and slowly untangled it from the arrow and opened it. The one written on it made Chaeyoung’s eyes widen, heart fluttering and cheeks blushing.

 

‘Please do not be too hot. You’re already hot to the point that it’s illegal.’

 

 “E-Ehh…EHHHHHH?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaeyoung had been glancing now and then at the bleachers and Hani noticed it.

“What’s wrong, Chaeyoung? Are you waiting for someone?”

“Uhh…no, no.”

“Huh? But you keep staring at the bleachers.”

“Ahh…I’m just…observing.”

“Oh, I see. Anyways, I’m done now. Are you leaving too?”

“No…I’ll…”

“Run for a little bit?”

“Yeah...”

The truth is she’s waiting for the girl.

“Alright, ace. But, do not force yourself too much. The tournament is still on the next month, you know.”

“I know, captain. I just want to run more.”

“As expected of the ace. Then, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“See you.”

Hani walked away while Chaeyoung sat on the bench, waiting for the red-hair girl to show up again. She waited for a little while but the girl didn’t showed up yet. She sighed and combed her hair back when suddenly, an arrow appeared again out of nowhere and hit the bench beside her.

Chaeyoung holds her heaving chest and looked at the bench. There was another paper in the arrow.

‘Is this another one of…those?’

Chaeyoung gulped and looked at the red-hair then back to the arrow. She grab it and read the one written on it.

 

You combing your hair back is always my weakness. <3

 

“Damn…” Chaeyoung muttered as she puts both of her hands in her face to hide the blush

When she glanced at the bleachers, the girl already disappeared.

“I never got to know her. Damn…I’ll do it next time, then. When…she’ll shoot me an arrow…again”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every day, Chaeyoung would always stay late to wait for the girl who shoots an arrow. Another five arrows has been shoot towards Chaeyoung’s direction but always managed to not hit her due to the red-hair’s skill. The five other messages are…

 

‘I’ve been watching you for a long time. I hope you don’t mind. ;)’

‘Looking great as always. Why don’t you ever get burned by your hotness while I always do? :3’

‘I’m glad that you’re always there whenever I finished my training. Are you waiting for me? Kidding. >:D’

‘Watching you run, makes my heart beats fast like it ran too…Corny :P’

‘I hope I get close to you soon. Too bad I’m shy…>///<’

 

Today was Friday and Chaeyoung was waiting for another arrow to appear. She ran around the laps, waiting for an arrow but 30 minutes had passed, the arrow wasn’t there yet. Chaeyoung stopped running and sat down to drink her water. She threw the water bottle and suddenly it was hit by an arrow. Oddly, it made Chaeyoung smile as she looked at the bleachers and saw the red-hair.

She got the arrow and opened the paper.

 

‘Hey…I’m sorry for being late. The tournament is in three weeks. I need to train more than usual. If you didn’t know yet, I’m from the archery club. You can visit me anytime ;) HAHA. Kidding. Anyways, even drinking water is simple…you make it look like a CF. You’re…amazing. I’m sad that I can’t see you for two days…Can I have your number? HAHA. Nah, I’m kidding. Anyways, don’t forget to rest. Fighting!’

 

Chaeyoung didn’t waste time to look at the bleacher instead she ran after there, hoping to catch up with the red-hair. Luckily, the girl didn’t expect that Chaeyoung would ran after her so she walked slowly. Chaeyoung was able to catch up to her since Chaeyoung is a track-in-field member, after all.

“WAIT…”

Chaeyoung saw the girl froze on the spot so she ran to her.

“Uhh…hi.”

The girl sighed and turned around to face Chaeyoung.

“Hey.”

“Uhmm…” Chaeyoung grab the girl’s paper and pen and wrote something on it then gave it to the red-hair “It’s my number. That’s all…bye.”

Then, Chaeyoung ran away with a blushing face.

‘You damn Girl Crush, why are you blushing when you’re the one who did that?’ she thought to herself as she ran.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the day after and Chaeyoung was hanging in her house with Jeongyeon, who visited. But Chaeyoung was glancing at her phone over and over again.

“Are you waiting for a text, Chaeng?”

“Huh? No, no…I’m not.”

“Then, why do you—Nevermind…Anyways, want to play video games?”

“Uhh…okay.”

Chaeyoung stood up from her bed and sat down on the floor infront of the T.V. and started the game. Jeongyeon was already seated there, so they started playing.

Suddenly, Chaeyoung’s phone received a message. She immediately throw the game controller and got up to get her phone. She opened it and read the text.

 

‘Your load has expired. Please load for further uses of our network.’

 

‘I thought it’s her text.’ Chaeyoung thought

“I’m out of load, unnie.”

“Oh. Want to go out?”

“Nah. I don’t have textmates, anyway.”

Just as Chaeyoung said it, another message arrived. She opened it and smiled at the text.

 

‘Heyyo. I’m in the school for practice. Anyways, whatcha doing?’

 

“U-Unnie…”

“Yeah?”

“Let’s go out. I need my load.”

“Alright, alright. Geez. You said you don’t have textmates.”

“Well…”

“Nevermind. Come on.”

Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung went to load Chaeyoung’s phone in a store outside. When they came back, the game was already forgotten and they were now focused on the red-hair’s text.

 

Chaeyoung: Playing video games with my friend. You have Saturday practice?

Red-hair: Yup. The tournament is near after all.

Chaeyoung: I see…

 

“Ask her how she is…” Jeongyeon commanded

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter