VIII - Melting

[DubChaeng: One shots/Short Stories]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung sighed again and rest her chin at the palm of her right hand as she watch T.V.

“Dahyun unnie…why aren’t you texting me?” Chaeyoung muttered “Have you found someone else? Is she more funny than me? Is she with you at the spot? Is she better than me, unnie? TELL ME!”

Suddenly, someone throw popcorn at her.

“Are you an idiot, Chaeyoung?” it was Jeongyeon, the leader of their group “Dahyun is filming. Ofcourse, she won’t text you.”

“But…but…But, I miss her.” Chaeyoung said as she stomped her head on the floor, earning another popcorn throw “What if she already has someone else? She isn’t replying to my text.”

“Stop whining over there, Chaeyoung. You should still continue to message her even though she’s not messaging or replying you. She can still read it though I know she can’t reply.”

“How’d you know?”

“Because that is what Nayeon does whenever she goes filming too.”

Im Nayeon is Jeongyeon’s girlfriend is also a member of Dahyun’s group together with Sana, Mina and Jihyo, the leader.

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung’s group consist of Tzuyu which is Sana’s suitor, Momo which Mina’s childhood bestfriend and longtime crush and Jeongyeon which is Nayeon’s girlfriend.

The two group are in the same company but they have different schedules. No one knows the real relationship between the two group’s members because the media and fans thought that they’re just close because they debut at the same time and they’re at the same age.

So that’s why Chaeyoung smiled when she heard Jeongyeon’s statement.

“Oh. Then, I should do that.” Chaeyoung said and got her phone

 

To: My one and only <3

Hey, jagiya. Jeongyeon unnie told me that you can’t reply because of your filming but you can read it anyway so I’ll be texting you a long message. Okay, here goes…

How are you doing there, jagiya? Are they over-working you? Tell me and we’ll meet at the court. Anyways, reply me when you can or call me when there’s no one around. I miss you so much, jagiya.

I heard that you guys are going to have a comeback. Are you going to be okay? Filming while having a comeback? Should I sue our PD-nim too? I’m kidding, jagiya. Don’t forget to rest when you get a chance. And congratulations on coming back. I can’t wait to hear your voice again.

Hihi. I sound like a head-over-heels teenager, aren’t I?

How long will you be filming, jagiya? I hope it’ll end soon. We bought a new couch and it’s a nice place to take a nap. Jeongyeon unnie and Nayeon unnie naps here sometimes and I want to do it with you too. And yes, Nayeon unnie comes here often. She told me that you’re coming home late. I hope you get enough sleep every night, jagiya.

Sana unnie sometimes came here too when Tzuyu and her went out for a date. And don’t worry…they’re good at disguising. I wonder when we’ll have to go out too. I miss wearing our disguise and having fake names where we’ll use when we went to a coffee shop. I also miss brunch. I’m embarrassed to eat alone on that brunch restaurant. Those couples wouldn’t let me come with them.

Mina unnie came here every day-off to deliver jokbal to Momo unnie because your dorm are beside a jokbal restaurant. I missed going there too. When, we have to befriend the owner so that she won’t tell the media about us. Well…she was a good lady. She kept it until now.

Jagiya, I really miss you so much. How many days left till you end your filming? I think I should count but they said that when you count, the more longer it takes. So…I’ll just wait here.

I love you, Dahyun unnie. Take care always. Stay safe. xoxo

–Son Chaeyoung, your one and only <3

 

“And…send.” Chaeyoung said with a smile “I’ve done it unnie.”

“Oh.” Jeongyeon answered lazily so Chaeyoung stole the popcorn from her “YA! Give it back!”

“NO WAY!”

They wrestle but stop as soon as Chaeyoung’s phone sounded.

“Oh. You received a message.”

“Yeah. I did.”

The two of them looked at each other and realized…

“Wait…YOU RECEIVE A MESSAGE?” Jeongyeon exclaimed

“I RECEIVE A MESSAGE!” Chaeyoung exclaimed too “IT’S FROM DAHYUN UNNIE!”

You see, Chaeyoung has 3 phones. For Dahyun, for her members and Dahyun’s group members and for the staff in the company. She knows Dahyun’s ringtone in her phone so she immediately got up and opened the phone.

 

From: My one and only <3

I love you too, jagiya. Tired. Sleeping early. Good night.

 

“That’s it?”

“Uhh…atleast she said ‘I love you’.” Jeongyeon comforted

“Right…” Chaeyoung disappointedly said but replied anyway. It’s her Dahyun unnie, after all.

 

To: My one and only <3

I see. I hope you already ate dinner before sleeping. I don’t want you to have ulcer. Anyways, it’s better for you to sleep early so you can rest more. Good night, Dahyun unnie. And I love you more.

 

Chaeyoung puts her phone in her pocket and watched T.V. but it sounded again.

 

From: My one and only <3

I love you most.

 

Even though Chaeyoung was disappointed  earlier, Dahyun’s messages always makes her smile.

 

To: My one and only <3

It’s a tie, unnie. Sleep well and dream of me. <3

 

Again, Chaeyoung thought that Dahyun wouldn’t reply anymore but she was proven wrong.

 

From: My one and only <3

I always do.

 

To: My one and only <3

That’s great but you have to rest now.

 

From: My one and only <3

<3

 

Chaeyoung was sure this time that Dahyun wouldn’t reply anymore so she put her phone in the table again. It didn’t received a message but it receive a call instead.

 

Calling…My one and only <3

 

Chaeyoung immediately went to her room and answered the call.

 

“Dahyun unnie…why’d you call?”

(I…miss you.)

“Oh…yeah. I miss you too.”

(I can’t sleep. Can you sing for me?)

“Ofcourse.”

(Thanks, Chaeng. I’ll repay you next time.)

“Hearing your voice is enough for me, unnie. Sleep now, my jagiya.”

(Hmm…)

 

Chaeyoung started singing ‘Little Little’ by Red Velvet. She stopped singing only when she heard Dahyun’s light snore.

 

“Seems like you’re already asleep. Goodnight, unnie. I love you.”

Before Chaeyoung could end the call, she heard Dahyun muttered…

 

(I…love…you…too…Chaeng…)

 

Chaeyoung chuckled and ended the call.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day passed and Dahyun wasn’t able to reply or call Chaeyoung like last time.

“Jeongyeonnieeee…” Chaeyoung whined “Why isn’t she replying again?”

“Maybe they decided to finish their filming fast so they’re working hard.”

“Are they over-working Dahyun unnie? Should I sue them to the court?”

“Shut up, Chaeyoung. Maybe she’s already asleep.”

“But…it’s been 5 days since she replied to me.”

“Really? But Nayeon told me that Dahyun has been awake at her room until 8PM. She thought that Dahyun has been texting you.”

“WHAT? Wait…I’ll call her.”

Chaeyoung dialed Dahyun’s number but it just keeps ringing.

“Jeongyeon unnie, hand me your phone.”

“What? Why?”

“Dahyun unnie won’t pick up so I’ll call Nayeon unnie instead.”

“No, I won’t let you borrow my phone.”

“Whyyy?”

“Because this is my phone. You can call her using yours anyways.”

“Yeah…but what if Dahyun unnie told Nayeon unnie or the others to not pick up my call?”

“Where did you get that idea? You should stop watching K-dramas, Chaeyoung.”

“Fine. I’ll borrow from Momo un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter