XVII - Right from the start

[DubChaeng: One shots/Short Stories]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Right from the start when Chaeyoung saw Dahyun, she felt something that she couldn’t explain what it is or why she’s feeling that way. After many times of encountering each other, they eventually become friends. Unfortunately…they’re just friends.

“People from my class are saying I’m lucky that I could be friend with you.”

“Why?” Chaeyoung asked with a chuckle when Dahyun said that “It should be me who’s lucky, though.”

“Well…it’s because you’re such a girl crush. A lot of students like you, you know.”

“Too bad I don’t like them.” Chaeyoung said then laughed

“Really? You don’t like anyone at all?”

“I like you.”

“Eyy…” Dahyun reacted as she playfully push Chaeyoung “Ofcourse, you like me. We’re bestfriends.”

Chaeyoung just laughed because Dahyun was right, anyways. They were friends, nothing more, nothing less and Chaeyoung accepted it that way. She was contented with what they have. She was fine being just a bestfriend as long as she’s with Dahyun because Dahyun is…her sunshine.

Dahyun was the one who shone the light to Chaeyoung’s life when they became friends. She was the first person to became Chaeyoung’s friend. Chaeyoung was viewed as a cold person but to Dahyun, she was just her cute little bestfriend who is often misunderstood because to her serious and mature looks.

That’s why Chaeyoung will forever cherish their friendship. But she became confused when she started to feel something different towards Dahyun. Something that she shouldn’t feel towards her bestfriend. She was starting to fell inlove with Dahyun. She realized it…when it’s too late to stop it.

“Chaeng!” Dahyun called as she hug Chaeyoung “I missed you.”

Chaeyoung could hear her heart beating like a drum ‘Aish…why is my heart like this?’ she thought as she hug Dahyun back “I-I…miss you too, unnie.”

Dahyun broke the hug and eyed Chaeyoung “You’re different. Did your one-day absent made you like this? You seem…fidgety. Where is my cool Son Chaeyoung, huh?” she asked jokingly

“Eyy. Stop teasing me, unnie.”

“I won’t. You didn’t contacted me yesterday so I was worried. Wait…why are you absent yesterday?”

“Uhhmm…I was figuring some stuffs.”

“Like what?”

‘Like my feelings for you.’ Chaeyoung thought “Just…random stuffs. Anyway, I’m back.” she said as she ruffled Dahyun’s hair “I’m sorry for making you worry.”

Dahyun smiled before hugging Chaeyoung again “Aniya, it’s fine. It’s good that you’re back. Don’t you ever leave me alone again, hmm?”

“I’ll try.”

“What do you mean you’ll try? Do you want me to kill you?”

“I’m kidding. Okay, okay. I won’t leave you.”

“Good.” Dahyun said and hugged Chaeyoung tightly

Chaeyoung sighed as she hugged Dahyun back again. She was going to deal with her feelings. She was going to make it go away. She needs it to go away…for their friendship.

However no matter what she do, she is still falling in love with Dahyun more and more each day that they’re together. The way Dahyun smiles at her, the way Dahyun laughs at her lame joke, the way Dahyun looks at her. She cannot help herself into falling inlove with Kim Dahyun.

That’s when Chaeyoung decided to slowly stay away from Dahyun, little by little. Sure, it was a coward move but that was the only way that she could stop her feelings. She would stay away, she would not look at Dahyun the same way as before…so she wouldn’t fall inlove with her bestfriend. She can’t…

But one thing made her realized that she wasn’t falling inlove with her bestfriend…because she was now inlove with her bestfriend. She finally realized it when…

“Dahyun!” Sana called Dahyun when she saw that the girl was alone again because Chaeyoung was pretending to be busy because she was avoiding Dahyun “You’re alone?”

“Yeah…” Dahyun answered her sunbae while Chaeyoung was just listening to them in secret

“Do you want me to keep you company? It’s sad to be alone, you know.”

“I’m fine, sunbae nim. Thank you for your concern.”

Sana chuckled before sitting beside Dahyun “So, Chaeyoung and you are not friends now.”

“WHAT?” Dahyun exclaimed suddenly “We’re still friends. It’s just that…she’s always busy.”

“Busy? Really? I don’t think so.”

“What do you mean?”

“I saw her with…nevermind.”

“With who?”

“With Chou Tzuyu.”

‘Oh, earlier…’ Chaeyoung thought when she remembered meeting Tzuyu and having a small talk

“R-Really? She’s with Tzuyu? She choose to be with Tzuyu than to be with me?”

“Then, you can be with me too. Tzuyu also choose to be with that shorty than to be with me.”

“That’s not true.” Chae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter