XVIII - Playgirl

[DubChaeng: One shots/Short Stories]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

“Playgirl! Woo~” the students cheered as Chaeyoung walk around the campus

Chaeyoung doesn’t know why she got that name because after all, she’s not a playgirl. Somehow that name got stuck on her, the moment she entered the school. She didn’t remember that she played with someone’s feelings.

But instead of clearing up the rumors, Chaeyoung let it be. It was no use since all of the students started believing the rumor so she couldn’t do anything. But it was okay since she had some friends who didn’t believed the rumors and it includes...Kim Dahyun.

“I knew you’re here.” Dahyun muttered as soon as came out of her classroom “What are you doing in our department, Chaeng?” she asked since she was a second year while Chaeyoung was a first year

“I was visiting you. Hoping for a lunch later.” Chaeyoung answered with a smile

“Alright. Let’s meet at the usual table, then.”

“No...” Chaeyoung said before Dahyun could return to her classroom “I was thinking of lunch outside the campus. There’s a new restaurant and I wanted to try it with you.”

Dahyun chuckled and nodded her head “Why didn’t you say so? Okay, then. Can you come by here after your class so we could head out together? I bet you didn’t invite the others.”

“Yeah...I’ll come here after your class. If you come to mine, Tzuyu would see you.”

“I think she won’t mind but...sure, it’s a date.” Dahyun said as she walk back inside

Chaeyoung always have this different feelings from Dahyun than their other friends. After all, Dahyun was the first one who approached her and came follow her unnies and Tzuyu. So Chaeyoung treats Dahyun as her savior in her misery for being called as ‘playgirl’.

During lunch time, Chaeyoung lied to Tzuyu but ofcourse she was busted so she told the truth. Tzuyu didn’t mind and allowed her. She even helped by lying for Chaeyoung to the others unnies so they won’t look for the two shorties in their group.

After that, Chaeyoung went to Dahyun’s classroom and the two of them headed out of the campus and walked towards the new restaurant. Chaeyoung volunteered to order so Dahyun look for their table.

Chaeyoung ordered the meal that Dahyun told her to and she ordered different for herself before walking towards the table. There, she saw Dahyun talking to a girl with blonde hair and a girl with highlights on the tip of her brown hair.

“Oh, she’s here.” the blonde informed Dahyun and the other girl “Let’s leave them alone, B.”

“Sure.” the girl with hightlights answered before standing up “I’ll see you around, Dahyun.”

“Yeah, take care of unnie. I’ll kill you if you play with her.” Dahyun warned in a gentle tone

“That was before, I wouldn’t dare doing that now. After all, I love her.” the girl with highlights stated but felt embarrassed after “A-Anyways, I could say the same thing to you. Take care of her, Dahyun.” she added before taking the blonde girl’s hand in hers and left

“Who were they?” Chaeyoung asked as she put the food in the table “Friend of yours?”

“Yeah, in my previous school. We don’t see each other but we communicate through texts and it was just a coincidence seeing her here with her girlfriend.”

“I knew that they were going out.” Chaeyoung muttered as she sat down “Their eyes were saying it especially when one of them were talking.” she added

Dahyun suddenly smirked and grab Chaeyoung closer to her “Then, what do my eyes says?”

Chaeyoung gulped at the sudden closeness as she stares into Dahyun’s lips then to her eyes and back to her lips because she knows she can’t do eyecontact at the moment “P-Pardon?”

Dahyun let go of Chaeyoung and smiled “Nevermind. Let’s eat now, hmm? Our lunch break would end soon enough if we won’t start eating.”

“O-Oh...okay.” Chaeyoung muttered with a hint of sadness, she didn’t know why but she felt sad about it and ofcourse Dahyun noticed it so she smirk in secret

The two of them started eating and talk when there’s a topic to talk about. After eating, Dahyun took Chaeyoung to her class and even showed a thumbs up to Tzuyu before she left.

After class, Chaeyoung decided to head to the library so she could finish her homeworks and hang out with Dahyun and her friends. She was walking through the corridor when a hand pulled her to the sides.

“Hey, playgirl~” one of the girls said as she smiled evilly to Chaeyoung “You and our Princess are really playing this one off, aren’t you?” she added, making Chaeyoung confused

‘Playing? Playing what?’ Chaeyoung thought to herself when two girls held unto her

“Why don’t you back off and let our Princess win instead?” the previous girl stated as she held unto Chaeyoung’s chin and lifted her face “You’re no match for her when it comes to this game, I’m telling you. She’s heartless so 100% bet she won’t care if we beat you up.”

“E-Excuse me, what?” Chaeyoung muttered “What game do you mean? And who’s heartless? Dahyun unnie? No way...she’s an angel, but she’ll beat you up too.” she added

“Let’s try it out to know who’s right, then.” the girl said as she was about to raise her hand to Chaeyoung’s cheek but another hand stopped her from doing so “W-What the--Mina!”

“What do you think you’re doing?” Mina asked as the two girls let go of Chaeyoung so Mina pulled Chaeyoung towards her side “Dahyun told everyone not to interfere, didn’t she? So tell me, what the heck is this?”

“S-Sorry...I was just going to test it out if Dahyun was---”

“Do not interfere, Lucy.” Mina stated in a firm voice “Dahyun made it clear that no one, as in no one, not even us could interfere in this one. If you don’t want her to know about this, leave right now. You know that our angel could turn into a devil once you mess with her. And I bet Doyeon doesn’t know about this. You three could be in deep trouble.”

Chaeyoung saw Lucy gulped before facing her other friends “Lua, Rin, let’s go.” she said

When they left, Chaeyoung bowed to thanks Mina “Thank you so much, Mina sunbae.”

“I told you to call me ‘unnie’, didn’t I?” Mina said as she stopped Chaeyoung from bowing “Besides, you don’t need to thank me. I just happen to be here and save you from them.”

“Why are you here though, unnie?”

“My girlfriend and I are playing hide and seek around the campus.” Mina answered with a playful smile “By any chance, have you seen her?”

“Momo sunbae? No, I didn’t.” Chaeyoung answered “Besides, why would you play hide and seek in this huge campus? Can you really find her?”

“Ofcourse, I can.” Mina stated proudly “I know my girl’s scent. It smells like jokbal spices all the time.” she added with a chuckle

“No, I do not...” a voice answered as she approach Mina and Chaeyoung “...all the time.”

“Momo sun--”

“Unnie.” Momo corrected “Anyway, did something happened here?”

“Lucy and her friends, no problem.” Mina answered before wrapping an arm around Momo “Let’s go, Chae. We’ll take you to your destination before going to ours.”

“You don’t need to, unnie. I’m fine.”

“But Dahyun would be much more assured if we do. It’s not a problem, really...”

“Okay, thank you. I’m going to the library to finish my homework so I could hang out with you later, instead.” Chaeyoung answered “But speaking of Dahyun unnie, what did those girls mean earlier? I don’t understand what they’re talking about.”

“Leave that alone for now, Chaeyoung. It’s not a big deal.” Mina answered “Besides, you trust Dahyun. That’s all you need and not those informations.”

“Yeah, now let’s go. Your beloved unnie is also in the library, just so you know.” Momo stated with a chuckle before walking towards the library’s direction and the three of them entered “Dahyun!” she called, making Dahyun raise her head

Dahyun looked at the trio with a confused face “Why are you together? Did something happened?” she asked to Mina and Momo before facing Chaeyoung “Are you okay?”

“It’s nothing, unnie. It was just a coincidence that we met.” Chaeyoung lied

“That’s right. We’re going here to call you and we bump into Chaeyoung who was also going here.” Mina added “Just a coincidence.” she said in English

“Alright, then.” Dahyun muttered “Have a seat and tell me what are your homeworks.”

“How did you know I have homeworks?” Chaeyoung asked but Dahyun only smiled

“I just know.” Dahyun answered with a wink “If you want me to guess what homework it is, then I’ll go with Math and History. Am I right?”

“W-Woah...” Chaeyoung said in amazement “How’d you know? Are you a fortune-teller?”

Dahyun suddenly laughed “I’m not. I was helping Tzuyu because her girlfriend told me to. They left a few minutes before you arrive.”

“I told you Sana unnie’s with Tzuyu.” Mina muttered to Momo, making the two shorties look at her cluelessly “Momo unnie wanted to play hide and seek with them, too.”

“You played hide and seek without telling me?” Dahyun asked in a bit louder voice “How mean.” she added with a pout

“You also play that game, unnie?” Chaeyoung asked in disbelief

Dahyun laughed and nodded her head “It’s actually fun. You should join us sometimes when we play, Chaeng.” she stated “But that’s for another time. Let’s finish your homework first so we could hang out together.”

“You know that too?”’

“No.” Dahyun answered with a chuckle “I just want you to come with us.” 

“Oh...okay. No problem.” Chaeyoung stated as she put her notebooks out

“We’ll leave you two alone. We’ll head to the clubhouse first and you two could just follow after.” Mina stated as they walk away “See you, Dahyun ah.”

“Oh, see you.” Dahyun said before facing Chaeyoung “Let’s finish it fast so you could see our clubhouse. It’s my group’s hangout place and we built it together.”

“You guys built it? Wow...are you even a human, unnie? You’re too perfect to be one.”

Dahyun just laughed “Everyone has a flaw, Chaeng. But you don’t know mine yet.”

“Eyy...tell me, unnie.”

“Nope. Not now. I’ll tell you when the time comes.” Dahyun stated and then started to work her way to Chaeyoung’s homework and teaches the younger girl how to do it

After the homeworks, they headed to the parking lot and rode Dahyun’s car then drove towards the address of their clubhouse. When they arrive, Chaeyoung was amazed by it. It was huge to be built by 8 people. Dahyun and her friends were amazing.

“They’re waiting. Let’s go inside.” Dahyun informed as they entered the clubhouse and saw that her friends were swimming in the pool “Ya, you didn’t told me we’re going to swim.”

“There’s swimsuits in the house, Dahyun.” Nayeon, the oldest, stated “Oh. Hi, Chaeyoung.”

“Hey, Nayeon unnie.” Chaeyoung greeted back “I’ll go to the bar counter, unnie. You go and have fun swimming.” she said as she pointed the bar counter where her no-jam hyung is

“Are you sure? Do you want me to grab you a swimsuit so you could swim too?”

“No, thanks. I’m fine.” Chaeyoung said with a smile which Dahyun nodded to before leaving so Chaeyoung walked towards the bar counter “Hey, hyung.”

“Annyeong, my no-jam dongsaeng. Did Dahyun bring you here?” Jeongyeon asked

“Yeah, she did.” Chaeyoung answered as she watch Jeongyeon do flaring with the bottles “Can you give me a non-alcoholic drink, hyung?”

“Non-alcoholic?” Jeongyeon repeated with a chuckle “Come on. Get wasted, Chaeyoung. There’s no class tomorrow, anyway. You can just sleep here if you get too drunk.”

“What do you mean ‘no class tomorrow’? I have classes.”

“Really? Didn’t you heard the announcement about the school’s holiday? No one is going to go tomorrow at school. Well...except for Dahyun.”

“Dahyun unnie? Why is she going there?”

Jeongyeon looked at Chaeyoung with amazement “Dahyun really didn’t tell you anything, did she?” she asked

“What is she suppose to tell me?”

“About herself.” Jeongyeon stated and Chaeyoung shook her head with hesitation “I see...”

“Why? What about her?”

Jeongyeon looked at Chaeyoung as if she was contemplating whether to say it or not “I don’t know if I’m allowed to tell you this.”

“Tell her what?” Dahyun asked as she came back, wearing a hoodie over her swimsuit

“Nothing.” Jeongyeon teased as she struck her tongue out “Anyways, your non-alcoholic drink is here.” she added as she put the glass infront of Chaeyoung

Chaeyoung smiled and watched as Jeongyeon leave the two of them. Dahyun was looking at Jeongyeon too before facing Chaeyoung.

“What did you two talk about?”

“Nothing important, don’t worry.” Chaeyoung answered as she got her drink only to notice tht a paper was stuck below and it says ‘You’ll know, sooner or later.’ “Eh?”

“What’s wrong?” Dahyun asked as she was half-way taking her hoodie off

“N-Nothing.” Chaeyoung stuttered as she blushed while looking at Dahyun’s body

After the clubhouse, Chaeyoung had been hanging out with Dahyun’s friends more of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter