XI - A message from the future

[DubChaeng: One shots/Short Stories]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun woke up late than the others since she don’t have schedules like the rest of the member. Everything went normal. She ate breakfast and lunch, watched TV, laze around then took a bath, got dressed and was now about to head to Chaeyoung’s filming place to support the younger girl.

Don’t get her wrong, they’re not in a relationship. Atleast, not yet since Dahyun secretly like the girl.

So…everything was just normal. Really normal. Not until now. Not auntil a girl suddenly appeared out of nowhere and jumped on Dahyun’s car.  Not until Dahyun bumped into the girl.

“Oh my god…”

Dahyun immediately got down and went to the front of her car.

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t see you. You appe—“ Dahyun’s jaw dropped when she saw who she bumped into “Y-You…You look…just like me.”

The girl smiled and stood up.

“Yeah…I am you.”

“WHAT?”

“Let’s talk in the car. I don’t want to look crazy infront of these peoples.” the girl said and rode Dahyun’s car

Dahyun immediately went inside the car and sat on the driver’s seat.

“Okay…Who the heck are you? Why do you look exactly like me?”

“I am…your long lost twin sister.”

“WHAT?”

The girl laughed and shook her head.

“I’m kidding. You won’t believe that.”

“Ofcourse, I won’t.”

“The truth is…I’m the future you 10 years from now. But I aged back to the time right now that’s why this is how I looked. The truth is I’m a bit mature than this baby face. But my hair is still blue. Nice…”

“I…I don’t believe you. I’m sorry but I think you’re just a crazy doppelganger.”

The girl sighed and poked Dahyun.

“Ouch…”

“See? No one knows that it’s your body’s weak point. But I do.”

“Then, you’re a crazy STALKER doppelganger of mine.”

The girl sighed again and thought of something.

“Then, I’ll tell a secret that no one knows except you.”

“What?”

“You love Chaeyoung.”

“W-What? T-That’s crazy…”

“You pretend to like Sana but the truth is…you love Chaeyoung so much. Right?”

“N-No…”

“You’re stuttering, past me.”

“Shut up…”

“Anyways, I’m the future you. Whether you like it or not.”

“Shouldn’t it be, whether I believe it or not?”

Future Dahyun laughed again.

“You have to believe me. I know all of your secrets.”

“Then…one question.”

“Shoot…”

“Did…did you…I mean me…I mean you…”

“Us?”

“Yes, did we…Nevermind.”

“What? What? Continue…”

“I’ll just use it like this…Did Kim Dahyun and Son Chaeyoung…became…”

“A couple?”

“Y-Yes…” Dahyun answered and blushed as she look down

Dahyun wonders why future Dahyun didn’t answered so she looked up and saw her just looking at front. When future Dahyun realized that Dahyun was looking at her, she glanced.

“Where are you heading again? I forgot since it’s been 10 years.”

“H-Huh?” Dahyun asked ‘Did she just changed the topic?’ “Well…I’m heading to Chaeyoung’s filming place. She’s filming a CF with Tzuyu.”

“Ahh…right. Come on, then. I can’t wait to meet them.”

“Wait, wait. You are not going to meet any of them.”

“What? Why?”

“What do you mean why? I can’t just appear there and tell them that I have a future self.”

“Ohh…you do believe me now.”

“Is there any other explanation on how you have my face and know my secrets?”

“Right…Anyways, I could just introduce myself as your twin sister. Kim Doyeon is a good name, right?”

“It’s already someone’s name. Don’t steal someone’s identity so easily.”

“Hey, hey. I’m older than you. Don’t talk impolitely, Kim Dahyun.”

“You’re also Kim Dahyun, for your information.”

“Just drove off, past me.”

“Whatever, future me.”

Dahyun drove off towards the filming place. She parked her car and was about to went out when she remembered that she has a 10-year older Kim Dahyun in the passenger seat.

“Uhh…future me.”

“Yeah?”

“You…just stay here, okay?”

“No.”

“Please…”

“No.”

“Why?”

“I…want to meet Chaeyoung.”

Dahyun sighed and thought of a way.

“Ahh, okay…you can stay here. Chaeyoung and Tzuyu will ride here later after the filming anyways. Please…I can’t have you, walking around. I don’t know how I’ll explain it.”

Future Dahyun pouted before sighing and nodding.

“Alright, alright…But I want to cheer my Chaeyoungie on.”

“YOUR Chaeyoungie? Excuse me?”

“Opps…someone’s jealous.”

“Shut up.”

Future Dahyun laughed and opened Dahyun’s compartment suddenly. She grab a mask and a cap from there that Dahyun forgot she have.

“Can I just wear this and go inside?”

Dahyun thought for a minute and nodded.

“Fine, fine. But make sure they won’t see your face…my face…our face…Ugh, whatever.”

“Oh come on. Why don’t you want others to see my face? It’s beautiful…even more beautiful than yours. No offense…”

“Uhh…We have the same face.”

“And I couldn’t be more happier.” future Dahyun sarcastically said with a wink before wearing the mask and cap “Now, is this okay?”

“Yeah. That’s okay.”

“Alright…” future Dahyun answered and got down

Dahyun got down too and both of them headed towards the building.

“Excuse me, Ms. But you can’t enter while wearing that.” the guard said to future Dahyun

“She’s with me.” Dahyun answered

“Ms. Dahyun?”

“Yeah. She’s wearing that due to…uhh…security issues. Anyways, she’s my friend. It’s fine. Can we go in now?”

“Oh sure, sure. She’s your friend, anyways.”

‘She’s actually my future self…’

“Thank you.” Dahyun said while future Dahyun bowed before both of them entered the building

They walked towards the room where the filming is going on. Future Dahyun was the one who’s leading first so Dahyun figured that she remembers this day. But Dahyun was shocked when future Dahyun continued instead of stopping in the room where Chaeyoung is filming.

“Y-Ya…it’s here.”

Future Dahyun turned around and nodded.

“I know. But GFriend SinB is also here together with GFriend Yerin.”

“So?”

Future Dahyun sighed and walked towards Dahyun.

“And 15 minutes or so, you…will talk to SinB and act to her sweetly then Chaeyoung would misinterpret and she will also think that you like SinB based on the way you act.” future Dahyun stated “That’s why…SinB doesn’t need to know you’re here.”

“W-What? Slow down…”

“At this moment, SinB is still in the furthest room from here. I need to go and distract her as long as she won’t be there when you go out of the room where Chaeyoung is filming. You understand now?”

“Uhh…yeah…I guess…”

“Just go inside. SinB needs to leave the building in 5-10 minutes so you two won’t see each other.”

“O-Okay…” Dahyun answered and went inside the room while future Dahyun ran towards the furthest room “W-Wait!...How would people believe her if she’s wearing that cap and mask?”

‘Aigoo…Should I head back? Nah…I should believe in her. She’s me, after all.’

“Oh, right…she’s me. What if—Tsk. I should just go back.”

‘But Chaeyoung’s filming is about to end. I have to support her.’

“Right, right…I should stay.”

‘No. I need to go.’

Dahyun turned back and was about to go outside but when she opened the door, a panting Future Dahyun was already  standing there.

“Woah. That was fast.”

“Yeah…” future Dahyun answered as she took off her mask to breath better “Damn. I…ran too much.”

“What did you do?”

“Well…I found…a payphone not far…from here…and call SinB…asking if we could meet…ofcourse, I’m not going there…but she left already…because I said…it’s an emergency…”

“Ya! It’s bad to lie.”

“It’s better than losing Chaeyoung.” future Dahyun seriously said as she look at Dahyun

“Y-Yeah…You’re right…Wait, what? Losing Chaeyoung? You lost Chaeyoung? What did you do? What happened?”

But before future Dahyun could answer, a deep female voice interrupted.

“Dahyun unnie!” Chaeyoung called

Dahyun was about to turn around and approach Chaeyoung but future Dahyun ran to the Chaeyoung first and hug the girl.

“I miss you so damn much. I’m so sorry.” future Dahyun stated as she hug Chaeyoung tightly

“W-What? What’s the matter, Dahyun unnie?” Chaeyoung asked as she hug back and looked over Future Dahyun’s shoulder and saw Dahyun “Wait, wait. WHAT?” she exclaimed as she backed away “There’s…t-two Dahyunnie? I’m not hallucinating, right?”

Dahyun sighed and walked towards Chaeyoung.

“You’re not hallucinating. There is…two me.”

Chaeyoung gave Dahyun a disbelieving look “Really? Who is the real one?”

“Both of us…”

“Ahh…I think I’m going crazy.”

“Wait, wait. Let me explain.” Dahyun said “That is actually the…future me, 10 years from now.”

Chaeyoung gave Dahyun a poker face this time “You’re kidding me.”

“Is there any other explanation on how she look exactly like me?”

“R-Right…and you are the present Dahyun. Geez…” Chaeyoung said and faced future Dahyun, who was actually crying “Y-Ya, ya. Future Dahyun unnie, why are you crying?”

Future Dahyun cried even more so Chaeyoung went to her and hugged her.

“Why are you crying?”

“Because…I thought…” future Dahyun said between her sobs “Nothing…it’s nothing…it’s just…feel so good to see you again.”

“Ahh…well, did you grew tired of seeing the future me?”

Future Dahyun cried even more “I would never…”

Chaeyoung blushed as she nodded shyly “Uhh…thanks.”

Future Dahyun broke the hug and wiped her tears “I’m sorry…I got emotional seeing…the younger you. In 10 years, you’ll be mature. Much more mature than I am. I…was childish.”

Chaeyoung chuckled and patted future Dahyun’s head “I’m sure you’re not that childish, future Dahyunnie. I’m sure that you still acted as the unnie to the future me.”

Future Dahyun smiled sadly but Chaeyoung didn’t see it, only Dahyun did since she knows herself well.

“Thanks, Chaeng…you always manage to come through for me. Thank you…”

“No problem.”

Again, Dahyun was about to interfere when someone interrupted.

“Chae, Dahyun unnie. Let’s go ho—“ Tzuyu was cut half-way when she saw two Dahyun “Huh? I think I’m seeing…something weird. There’s two…” Tzuyu eyes widened and then, she fainted

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The four of them were now heading back towards their dorm. When I said ‘four of them’, I mean Dahyun, Chaeyoung, Tzuyu and future Dahyun.

“So…” Tzuyu started “Are you really Dahyun unnie’s future self?”

Future Dahyun smirked and nodded.

“Yeah, I am.”

“Tell me something about me that happened in the future.”

“What do you want to know?”

“Uhh…after the dating ban, did I dated someone?”

Future Dahyun laughed and shook her head.

“Nope. You didn’t date someone…” she answered but then continued “…publicly.”

“What?”

“You didn’t told anyone that you two were dating. You dated in private.”

“With who?”

“Hmm…” future Dahyun trailed as she thinks “If I remember…you dated the one who cares about you so much even though the bump on your head is just a small one.”

“WHAT?” the present maknae line reacted

“You mean, it’s a TWICE member?” Dahyun asked

“Uh-huh…”

“I can’t wait to see who it is.” Chaeyoung said “Drive faster, Dahyun unnie.”

“You don’t need to say it…” Dahyun answered and drove faster

They finally reached the dorm and the three of them was excited to see who was the one Tzuyu will date. They didn’t even think what would the others’ reaction if they saw future Dahyun.

Dahyun parked the car and got off. Future Dahyun got off too but she opened the door for Chaeyoung.

“T-Thanks, Future Dahyun unnie.”

“No problem.” future Dahyun said with a smile and took off her black hoodie since she was wearing an all-black attire. Black t-shirt, black jeans, black shoes and black hoodie. She wrapped the hoodie on Chaeyoung since Chaeyoung was only wearing a sleeveless shirt “I don’t want present Myoui to ogle on your greatest shoulder in the world, Chaeng.”

Chaeyoung blushed and nodded shyly “O-Oh…”

Future Dahyun then offered her hand to Chaeyoung “Let’s go?”

“O-Oh…” Chaeyoung answered and got future Dahyun’s hand

Meanwhile, the present Dahyun was just watching them…jealously. ‘Why the heck am I getting jealous of myself? Tsk. I should get a grip.’ she thought and knocked on the door of their dorm.

Jihyo opened the door and saw the grumpy look on Dahyun’s face.

“Oh? What happened to you?”

“Nothing…”

“Where’s Chaeyoung and Tzuyu?”

“They’re coming.” Dahyun said as she glanced to their direction, making Jihyo glanced too

“Dahyun…”

“Yes, unnie?”

“Is it just my imagination or that girl with Chaeyoung looks exactly like you?”

“Oh…she’s my future self.”

“Ahh…WHAAAAT?”

The other members immediately rushed on the front door when Jihyo exclaimed.

“Y-You’re…future self?”

“Future self? Whose future self?” Nayeon asked as she took a peek too “OH…MY…GOD.”

The others took a peek too and saw future Dahyun approaching them together with Chaeyoung and Tzuyu. They reached the doorway and future Dahyun saw the members sticking in the door.

“Oh…hey, guys.”

“Y-Y-You are future Dahyun?”

“Yes, Jeongyeon. I am.”

“Honorifics, Dahyun.”

“I’m 10-years older than you.” future Dahyun said with a smirk

“I like this Dahyun.”

“HEY!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter