IV - 'D' love of my life

[DubChaeng: One shots/Short Stories]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung was sitting in the dining hall, alone. All around her are couples or people who have a date. A girl with blue ombre came and sat in her table.

“Son Chaeyoung. Don’t just sulk there and greet your relatives.”

“I’m not in the mood, Seungwan unnie.”

Son Seungwan is Chaeyoung’s cousin. People calls her Wendy, though. At first, Chaeyoung and Wendy were the ones without relationship but now it’s only Chaeyoung since Wendy found Jihyo.

“Come on. All of our relatives are here.”

“Ofcourse, they are. It’s Joohyun unnie and Seulgi unnie’s wedding, after all.”

Bae Joohyun is Seungwan’s older sister and now getting married. That’s why all of their relatives are here at the resort. Tomorrow is the wedding day and Chaeyoung’s the only one without partners. She still hasn’t found the one.

“You’re right. You should find your soulmate soon.”

“It’s not easy, unnie. I can’t just bump with my ‘D’ here.”

All Chaeyoung wanted was to meet that ‘D’ as soon as possible. All of her friends are already in a relationship except her.

You see, Chaeyoung’s family has a…thing that’s going on in the family. They will only be destined to the person with the letter assigned to them. Example is Chaeyoung’s dad and mom. Son Dongwoon is destine with Chaeyeon. It’s a D and C pattern.

Meanwhile, in Seungwan’s side. It’s a S and J pattern. That’s why Joohyun is sure about Seulgi and Seungwan is sure about Jihyo.

Jihyo is Chaeyoung’s friend and speaking of her friends…

“Son Chaeng!” Nayeon called as she wave and walked towards Chaeyoung’s table with her girlfriend, Jeongyeon

“I’ll be leaving now, cous. Your friends are here and I need to hang with my friends too.” Seungwan said before standing up and leaving. Ofcourse she greeted Nayeon and Jeongyeon before she left.

“OlChaeng!” Jeongyeon greeted as she pulled a chair for Nayeon and sat beside the girl “Who’s your date?”

“Jeongyeon!” Nayeon scold

“What? I’m just asking.”

“You know Chaeyoung isn’t in a relationship.”

“Right…Anyways, Chaeyoung ah.”

“Yeah?”

“Can we ask you a favor?”

“Hmm? What is it?”

“We gave Nayeon’s cousin an invitation because she love weddings...”

“Okay.”

“The problem is she lost her invitation. Can you give us a spare invitation? She would really love to be here. She’s kind of addicted to seeing happy people while getting married.”

“I see. Uhh…I think I have a spare invitation. My parents gave me because they thought I’ll bring someone. You can have it. Though, my name is the one written in the back of it so she’ll be my guest.”

“That’s fine. It’s no big deal.”

“Alright. I’ll go get it. I’ll be back.”

“Thank you, Chaeyoung.”

“No problem, unnie.”

Chaeyoung stood up and went to her room. She got the invitation in her bag and went back downstairs.

“Here you go.” Chaeyoung said and handed the invitation to Nayeon “I hope your cousin enjoys the wedding, Nayeon unnie.”

“She will. Thanks again, Chaeng.”

“Okay. By the way, where’s the others?”

“Dancing at the dance floor.”

“Then why are you here?”

“To accompany you, idiot.”

Chaeyoung chuckled and nodded “Don’t worry. I got a feeling that she’ll come soon.”

“We hope so, buddy.” Jeongyeon answered and pat Chaeyoung’s back

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaeyoung woke up and look at the digital clock beside her. 7:30.

‘2 hours and 30 minutes before the wedding.’ Chaeyoung thought

She got and went to the bathroom to shower. After 30 minutes, she was done. She went to her room closet and looked at the dress that she was supposed to wear. Every room already have a dress or suit assigned. You can also wear whatever you want, anyway. As long as it’s colors are purple or orange.

Chaeyoung’s dress is a sleeveless, below the knees, purple dress with an orange ribbon around its waist. She wore it and also wore the purple doll shoes then looked at the mirror.

“Wow. I look like a mini-doll...Mini.”

She loosen her ponytail and took it off then grab the orange ribbon. She tied her long brown hair again into a ponytail using the ribbon and grab her watch, handkerchief, phone and wallet before she went down. She wears her watch as she walked to the hall and went down.

When she arrived at the ground floor, she checked the time. 8:40AM. She walked towards the church that’s just a walk distance from the resort they’re staying. She arrived at the church and it’s about to start. She sat at the furthest row. She’s not important in the wedding, anyway. Seungwan is, though. She’s the bridesmaid since she’s Joohyun and Seulgi’s bestfriend.

Although, Joohyun and Seulgi is close to Chaeyoung, Chaeyoung didn’t agree to be part in the ceremony. She’s shy and doesn’t really want to be the attention when she walk there.

She checked her watch again. 8:55.

‘Soon…’ Chaeyoung thought

Suddenly, someone flopped down beside Chaeyoung. She looked and saw an orange-hair girl wearing an orange dress with purple ribbons in the front. She’s wearing a white sneakers below, though.

‘Unique.’ Chaeyoung thought and chuckled but her heart seems to beat fast ‘I wonder why?’

“These church is amazing. I want to get married here too, someday.”

Chaeyoung chuckled “Yeah.”

“Are you a relative of the bride?”

“Yes. Cousins.”

“I see. Which bride? The orange one or the purple?”

“Purple.”

“I know it.”

“How’d you know?”

“You’re wearing purple.” the orange-hair answered in a matter-of-fact tone

“Right…How about you? Are you a relative in the orange bride side?”

“No. My cousin is a great friend of the orange bride.”

“You do know their names, right?”

The orange-hair chuckled and nodded “Yup.”

Chaeyoung chuckled too “Figures. By the way, what color do you think suits to be a wedding theme?”

“Are you getting married soon?”

“I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter