Arrival

The Universe Collided
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung woke up feeling more rested then he had in years. Ever since that day in the fallen city Taehyung had been consumed with nightmares and those consisted mostly of either him or Jungkook turning inhumane.

As he got up from his makeshift bed he noticed that it had already turned dark outside. The starship itself was dim except for the light flickering from the buttons in the control station. He looked inside a little room away from the control station where he found Jungkook laying down peacefully. It seemed that the color in his cheeks were back and the rise and fall of his chest reassured Taehyung that Jungkook was going to be fine. Without Jungkook to worry about Taehyung started thinking about the situation they were in and the situation back home, the celestials were their last chance and their only chance at the moment. His mind wandered towards Rosé, who exactly was she? She seemed skillful the way she had healed both Jungkook and Taehyung so quickly but she also didn’t seem like she trusted them very much. Putting himself in her shoes, Taehyung decided that he too wouldn’t have trusted someone he had met a few hours ago, but did she trust them enough to get them to Amicitia’s leaders?

Taehyung had read about the four leaders in one of his grandparents’ letters. They had met one of the four when she had visited Earth. He knew that getting to the leaders was the next step for him and Jungkook. With these thoughts Taehyung stepped outside the ship. He was taken aback by the beauty in front of him, the sky above him was the most beautiful shade of blue and violet and was sprinkled with stars. The stars were clearer than he had ever seen them. The waterfall behind him cascaded as softly as silk quietly down to the pool and the trees around looked as though they were dancing in the wind. For a moment Taehyung forgot about Earth and all his problems, for a moment he just absorbed in everything around him with a childlike fascination.

Taehyung walked towards the portal and found Rosé and her unicorn there, Rosé was speaking in hushed tones with the unicorn, the unicorn grunted and Rosé burst out laughing “Ok it’s a deal!” she said to the unicorn. They looked so close and it looked like they understood each other perfectly as well, Taehyung cleared his throat as he approached Rosé and the unicorn. He looked at the unicorn who was giving him a curious stare. Taehyung decided that it wasn’t a good idea to pet the unicorn after all. Rosé laughed at this exchange “Pasta, what did we say about becoming friendlier?” Pasta looked the other way and pretended he didn't hear her.

Rosé moved a bit closer to Taehyung and whispered, “I’m sorry he’s a bit spoiled, just don’t let him know I said that”

Taehyung nodded his head “Uh you named him Pasta?” he asked not knowing where to start the conversation.

“Jisoo named him, don’t ask me why, I have no idea what goes on her head when she names stuff… She’s a friend of mine” she added when she saw Taehyung confused. An awkward silence followed, “Um so how did you find out about the portal?" asked Rosé.

“It’s a really long story actually, me and Jungkook have known about the celestials, uh, you guys since we were kids but we thought it was fairy tale until recently I found letters my grandparents had written me and some they had written to someone named Bada. I found out about the portal in those letters”

At the mention of Bada, Rosé’s forehead crinkled with curiosity,“What did they say about Bada?” she asked.

“Uh, just that they had met her and that she was one of the leaders”

“Do you have the letters with you?” Rosé asked.

Taehyung nodded, a bit confused “Did something happen to Bada?”

Rosé hesitated and said, “I can’t tell you right now, I’m sorry, but I promise I’ll let you know later”

“Ok” Taehyung said, after a moment of silence he spoke up, “I have one thing to ask from you. Could you take us to your leaders?”

Rosé smiled as she said, “Well you are kind of talking to one now”

..........

Jungkook woke up to someone sniffing his hair, he could feel something wet against his forehead, he heard someone say, “Pasta, stop torturing him” and he heard Taehyung laugh. He opened his eyes to find big chocolate brown eyes staring at him, is this a horse? Jungkook didn't remember anything after he had passed out in the desert. He vaguely remembered seeing a girl with the orange hair and something else, but he couldn't remember what the something else was.

“Looks like Pasta likes you” said Taehyung coming around to sit next to Jungkook, “you’ve been knocked out for more than 24 hours man, you okay?" he asked concerned.

“Yeah” Jungkook said sitting up “my head feels a bit groggy but I feel fine, but more importantly did we make it?” he asked hopefully.

Taehyung nodded smiling and found himself in a tight hug with some heavy patting in the back “Well, looks like your energy is back” but he was still held tightly “Ok you need to let go, I can’t breathe”

“Sorry” Jungkook said with his boyish grin. Taehyung hadn’t seen Jungkook smile so happily in years “It’s fine” he said as he led Jungkook to the control room.

 

As Jungkook opened the door to the control room he came face to face with Rosé. Images of her standing on the other side of the portal flashed on him mins he remembered her. Rosé cheeks were pinkish, she wasn't particularly good with strangers. Dealing with one had been okay but now there were two, “Uh, I was coming over to talk to you guys” she said to Taehyung. Jungkook was staring at her with a shy smile on his face when Taehyung cleared his throat and said, “this is Jungkook, you guys haven’t been introduced yet”

“Oh yes, I’m Rosé”

Jungkook extended his arm still looking at her intently, Rosé albeit confused took his hand and smiled.

“Uh.. How are you feeling?” Rosé asked trying to break the tension.

Jungkook had to be hit by Taehyung before he answered, “I’m good, uh thanks” he looked down and saw that he was still holding Rosé hands “Sorry” he said letting go of her hand but immediately missing the warmth and softness.

“We’re going to head out towards the Glass Castle now, it takes almost a week and plus I have to stop by somewhere so it might take more time, um you guys should buckle up but after we take off you can rest in the rooms if you want”

“What’s the Glass castle?” Jungkook asked.

“It’s where the leaders live” Taehyung answered him.

 

The next six days consisted of Taehyung locked up in a room looking over the letters and the hologram books, puppy kisses from Dalgom, stolen glances between Rosé and Jungkook, and a lot of jealous huffs from Pasta who found his cuteness triumphed over by the cuteness of a puppy.

 

On the sixth day, Jungkook and Taehyung 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter