The Last Farewell

The Universe Collided
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BamBam laid on the cold metal floor of Jaebum’s spaceship. Blood trickled out of his wounds and onto the icy floor making a pool around him. A tear escaped his eyes as he awaited his eventual death. His leg was already numb and it was moments before he lost feelings in his hands. He chose to drown himself in memories of happier times. He smiled sadly as memories of training with Lisa and Ten flashed through his mind. He remembered how insistent they were on being his friend because he had no one in Amicitia. Another tear escaped his eye when he remembered the day he received his assignment as the spy for the alliance. The message had doomed him of a life of loneliness but that hadn’t stopped Lisa and Ten from breaking through his walls.

Would he get to see them one last time?

It broke his heart knowing that Lisa and Ten would remember him as a traitor to the alliance. He didn’t care what the universe thought of him but he desperately wanted to clarify himself to his dear friends.

BamBam tried to move his arms but to no avail. He closed his eyes as his heartbeat slowed down and stopped.

 

Earth, Shelter city 61313

 

The beeps and humming of different machines around Taeyong were enough to disturb any being out of unconsciousness but Taeyong laid still on his bed, his eyes closed shut and his body unmoving. Jennie looked at him and looked at all the machines, his vitals were stable so she didn’t understand why he was taking so long to wake up.

 

Rosé stepped inside the room, “Jennie, we need to go,” she said.

 

“Would it be weird if we took Taeyong with us?” Jennie asked.

 

Rosé was startled by the unexpected question, “Do you mean it?”

 

Jennie sighed and put her hand to her forehead in a frustrated manner, “I don’t know, Rosie, why is it that I don’t know how I feel?”

 

“A lot has happened, it’s understandable…we could wait till he wakes up,” Rosé suggested.

 

Jennie agreed with the suggestions. She got out of the room and searched for Namjoon, she couldn’t just stay in the room anymore.

 

Namjoon was as busy as always. They had already launched a few rockets to the nearest space station and Namjoon was already being hounded by the richer population of the shelter city and even worse, he had no option other than to comply.

 

“Have many rocket have you launched already?” Jennie asked looking at the huge screen that projected the path the rockets were taking.

 

“Two” Namjoon answered, “Two more are going up this week,” he added.

 

“No complications so far?”

 

Namjoon shook his head, “Not yet, and there shouldn’t be any either. I haven’t really thanked you enough for everything,” he said turning towards her.

 

“It’s fine really, thank the unicorns if you have to”

 

Namjoon chuckled slightly making Jennie turn around and face him, “Sorry, it’s still weird thinking of unicorns as anything other than mythical creatures.”

 

Their conversation was interrupted by Rosé’s telepathic connection with Jennie, “He’s up,” Rosé relayed.

 

Amicitia, Glass Castle

 

All four of the girls and Ten were now gathered around the circular table in the meeting room in the Glass Castle. Lisa went over the plan once more for Rosé and Jennie who had just arrived.

 

“All the barriers are up, and the portals that can be opened is through inside the Glass castle.”

 

“Have you contacted the warriors?” asked Jennie.

 

“Why would we do that?” asked Rosé as Jisoo and Lisa looked at Jennie in surprise.

 

“Well, this is an attack from the warriors to the alliance, we have every right to retaliate,” she explained, “Also the far-right is as much of a problem to the warriors as it is to us.”

 

“That is true,” remarked Jisoo, what Jennie had just said gave her ideas to get out of a complication she was in right now.

 

All eyes were drawn to the screen on the table as it lit up with yet another coded message from the spy.

 

“They want to meet us?” said Lisa with confusion laced in her voice.

 

“This could be a trap,” Jennie

 

“But what if they need our help?” said Rosé which was met with pointed looks from the other three.

 

“From all the messages, we have gotten we know that the spy is in Jaebum’s faction, or he is in contact with them at least…”

 

“I think we should listen to what they have to say at least,” said Lisa. She didn’t confess the fact that she wanted to check if her suspicions were right but the look she got from Ten made it known that he knew what she was thinking.

 

They decided to open the portal to hear what the spy had to say, it was unheard of for the spy to reveal himself to the celestials but they assumed that the situation was dire enough for this to be allowed.

 

“I can go see what they have to say,” Jennie offered to which Lisa sprang up, “No, I’ll go.”

 

Below the Glass Castle, life resumed as it did on a regular day in Amicity. The city was bustling with activity even though the celestials were aware of the impending attack. The citizens of Amicitia and their leaders had a relationship unlike any other. They trusted the girls completely to protect their planet and to protect the alliance.

 

Jisoo stood above the clouds painted in shades of lilac, the cold breeze played with her hair and tickled her. She touched the ring that now rested on her chest strung on a chain and gave one last thought to the decision she had made.

 

She went back downstairs to the room that was now vacant, connected to Daniel and his face popped up on the big screen. She pulled on the ring and took it off, “I have made my decision.”

 

Lisa and Ten waited for the spy in one of the ports of Amicity. They had at least ten celestials behind them, all fully armored and ready for battle. A fighter plane stopped on the port, a celestial got off the plane. Lisa strained to get a proper look at the spy who was outside the barrier.

 

The wind howled and the world waited in silence, Ten held onto Lisa’s hand when she tried to sprint forwards.

 

“I don’t think it’s him, Lisa,” said Ten but Lisa remained hopeful. BamBam being the spy was the only reason his sudden change made any sense.

 

The celestial was checked for weapons by the port-guards and was clear to enter. Both Ten and Lisa held their breaths as the man crossed over the barrier.

 

All the celestials were spread in a circle with their weapons drawn and pointed at the celestial. Both Lisa and Ten sighed in relief when BamBam came to view.

 

“Well, well, not the welcome home I expected,” said BamBam with both of his hands raised up in a defensive stance.

 

“What did you want to meet us?” Ten asked, suspicion brewing in his mind.

 

“The far-right warriors are planning on Neutrum, I had to let you know about this…also I’m not safe anymore with the faction,” BamBam confessed.

 

“Why Neutrum?” Lisa asked. It was atypical of the faction to attack Neutrum, afterall they had always wanted representation in the senate.

 

“Well,” Ten noticed that BamBam looked taken aback by the question, it was almost as if he had expected the celestials to believe everything he said, “the far-right weren’t given a proper representation in the senate in the last meeting so they think blowing up the planet would help.”

 

Lisa wasn’t completely convinced, “Why did you tell us that they were going to attack the alliance then?” she asked.

 

If Ten hadn’t been watching him closely he wouldn’t have noticed the cold anger that passed BamBam’s eyes nor would he had seen the slight widening of his eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter