Reunion

The Universe Collided
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Earth: Shelter city 61313

 

Namjoon answered his cell phone after the third ring. All day he had been busy with the preparations for the space colonization that was to happen in a few weeks. Before leaving for their rescue mission, Jennie had informed him that her team of celestials that had come to Earth with her would be helping with the take off. The humans were also granted stay at the various celestial space stations due to the minimal amount of man-made space stations to support the remaining humans.  Many of those space stations had fallen into disuse with the cut in funding for space exploration.

 

The voice on the other side of Namjoon’s cell phone said, “Sir, your brother is here.”

 

“What?” remarked Namjoon while adjusting his glasses, not because he hadn’t heard what the voice had said but because he had to hear it twice to make sure his mind wasn’t playing games with him. Namjoon hadn’t heard from Jungkook after he had left Earth months ago. When the boys had first discussed their plans with him, he was adamant about not letting them go but he had seen how determined they were and had no choice. And now that their plan had somewhat come to fruition, he was nothing but proud and full of admiration for them.

 

Jungkook was standing outside the door of Namjoon’s office when Namjoon opened it, startling them both. Namjoon had a loving smile on his smile as he tackled Jungkook into a bear hug.

Jungkook burst into laughter. This was probably the second time Namjoon had ever initiated a hug between them. Jungkook had always been the more physically affectionate one of the two brothers.

 

“Why are you all acting as if I came back from the dead?” Jungkook asked still caught up in Namjoon’s hug. All the other employees in the research institute had reacted with enlarged eyes and dropped jaws when they had seen Jungkook walk inside the building, although the reaction could have been because of the being on his side.

 

“I mean, you kind of did,” replied Namjoon between laughter, he was now wiping tears of joy.

 

Rosé stood behind the brothers, her heart was warmed by this show of affection between them. She was only now getting to how the other humans viewed Jungkook. If the reaction from the people in the offices was any indication, she would have said that Jungkook was loved and respected by all and many had missed him while he was gone. She moved forward and introduced herself. “Hi, I’m Rosé,” she said offering her hand to Namjoon. By now, she had learned basic social etiquette of the humans.

 

“We’re dating,” remarked Jungkook out of a sudden shocking both Rosé and Namjoon.

 

“Oh…” commented Namjoon looking back and forth at the two, Rosé’s hand still in his.

Rosé looked at Jungkook, her ears slowly turning into the color of a scarlet rose, “I didn’t know we were going to do it like that,” she said. Introduction of a special one was definitely different on Earth compared to the ritual that happened in Amicitia.

 

“I… I’m glad you two like each other…” said Namjoon awkwardly, if only he had spent more hours socializing and less with his nose buried in heavy books he would’ve known what to say.

The room chimed with laughter once more, this time Rosé was part of it.

 

Jungkook had been excitedly showing Rosé around the skyscraper that housed his home and the research institution. From the garage that still had his bicycle from his childhood days to the labs where the most advanced of inventions were researched. Now that she wasn’t participating in the conversations as actively she began to notice little things about Jungkook that she hadn’t noticed before. Like how his nose crinkled when he fully smiled at someone… or how he scratched his neck when he didn’t know what to say… how the little moles on his face could form their own constellations… or how another mole rested right below his heart-shaped lips.

 

The tour would’ve taken a turn when they entered the private suites had they both been self-aware but both Jungkook and Rosé were so caught up on the excitement of the moment. The feeling of seeing everything was so new to Rosé, and the feeling of homecoming for Jungkook.

 

“This one is my room,” said Jungkook brandishing his hand around the room until he realized where exactly he had brought Rosé into. Rosé strode into room, her eyes twinkling with wonder as she took in the room that portrayed the epitome of Jungkook himself.

 

“You were so cute!” squealed Rosé at a family picture, “That’s the hedgehog, right? ChimChim?” Rosé asked remembering their conversation in the garden in the WJSN’s mansion.

 

“Yeah,” answered Jungkook gazing lovingly at the picture then looking up at Rosé who still looked on with a wide smile and adoration in her eyes. Human families always warmed her heart, the idea of sharing a roof and blood with people and calling them her own had always struck her as the greatest show of love in the universe. Sure she had Jennie, Jisoo, Lisa, and Ten to call family, but this was different. It somehow ran deeper.

 

Jungkook adored the look on Rosé and brought out an album full of pictures that chronicled his growth. They sat together on the bed, the photo album on Rosé’s lap. Time slipped out of their hands as Jungkook explained the story behind each photo, they shared laughter and memories with each other. It was already dark outside when they finally finished going through the pictures.

 

“I should go back to my room,” said Rosé getting off the bed and moving towards the door.

 

“Wait,” called out Jungkook walking towards her. Rosé looked back expectantly, “I’ll walk you back…” he offered.

 

“Oh…” answered Rosé feeling disappointed but she smiled and accepted his offer.

They both walked to her room, side by side with their shoulders occasionally brushing each others’. When they were outside her room, Rosé turned around facing Jungkook, “I… thanks for showing me around today, that was fun!” she said.

 

Jungkook smiled and scratched his neck, his nose crinkled the way Rosé had noticed earlier,

 

“Yeah…No problem, uh anytime,” he replied. Words evaded him now.

 

They stood awkwardly in front of her door, both waiting for the other to make a move. Finally,

 

Rosé spoke, “I should really get in.”

 

“Yeah. Good night, Pumpkin,” uttered Jungkook softly as he gave her a small peck on her cheeks. For some reason, Rosé heart beat faster, and she could feel her cheeks turn pink, her breath was caught on and all she could do was nod shyly before entering the room and shutting the door a bit loudly than she wanted to. It was only after a while of trying to catch her breath that Rosé realized she hadn’t wished him a good night back. Would she be a breaking human etiquettes rule if she had simply forgotten to wish someone Good night? It was only Jungkook, it would be fine right?

 

Rosé found herself getting out of her room and calling out to Jungkook who hadn’t walked that far. He spun around in surprise to find Rosé running towards him which worried him. She stopped in front of him and waited a few seconds to catch her breath. “I…I forgot to wish to Good Night,” she said between long breaths.

 

“What?” he asked, her voice had been too breathy for him to understand.

 

“I..” started Rosé but just decided against it. She slightly stood on her tiptoes and gave Jungkook a small peck on his lips, “Good night, Kookie,” she said before running off to her room leaving behind a stunned Jungkook whose heart beat faster than Pasta and whose mind was not on the right place.

 

Neutrum: the planet where the senate meeting was held

 

Jisoo and Lisa strode into the coliseum like building where the senate meeting was to be held. These meetings were considered formal events where each planet/faction’s representative wore their designated color to distinguish one from another. The members of the alliance planets and the warriors sat opposite each other while the celestials that never affiliated with either the alliance or the warriors occupied the areas between the alliance and warriors to separate the two.

 

Jisoo and Lisa wore Amicitia colors; white, and entered the pod that levitated to make their case.

 

The coliseum was buzzing with curiosity, many celestials that were outside the alliance and the warrior faction had no idea why the meeting was being called. There were reunions of old allies and old enemies that took place.

 

Methuselah, one of the oldest celestial was to act as the speaker for this meeting. She stood in the levitating pod in front of Lisa and Jisoo and ordered silence. Her order effectively cut off all the chatter from the crowd. She was not only one of the oldest but also one of the respected celestials. She was so old that she was from before the times celestials divided themselves into warriors and lovers.

 

“We are gathered here today to discuss the neutrality pact broken by the leaders of Amicitia,” she announced in celestial tongue. “Any objections?” she asked looking at Jisoo and Lisa. Normally the celestials on the pod were there to have their future decided on by the senate and offered nothing on their defense, but Jisoo and Lisa were not about to take this fight sitting down. Lisa walked up to the front, “We do object,” she spoke in celestial tongue.

 

One of the representative on the warrior side edged forward on his seat, a stark difference from the laid-back position he was in before. His interest was piqued from what was going on in the pod in front of him. He had a light smirk on his face as he listened to Lisa explain the helpless state humans in right now, and how the circumstances around which the neutrality pact was set on no longer existed.  The coliseum grumbled with complaints from the warrior side while the alliance stayed quiet, they had known about this for months now.

 

The warrior watched Jisoo from his seat. If he hadn’t known better he would’ve concluded that she was confident she could walk out with a positive outcome, just like other warriors on his side had but he knew her better. He knew that she was nervous just by the way she repeatedly smoothed her dress or flipped her hair. He walked up to the mic and cleared his throat silencing everyone on the coliseum.

 

Methuselah said, “Name and affiliation first before you make your statement,” earning complaints from the warriors’ side. The warriors found it offensive that their leader would have to introduce himself when he was already well known throughout the universe. The warrior smiled in response, his eyes crinkling into little crescent moons.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter