Glances

The Universe Collided
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Earth, Celestial Headquarters

“Why did she leave?” Taeyong asked conflicted, his memories of his mother Bada had all come back to him and he felt such intense feelings, love, grief, hatred, all at the same time. Jennie was conflicted too, she knew how he felt but she wondered if it was her place to tell him all of this. She decided that he deserved to know the truth and so she began, “It was before the neutrality pact was signed, Earth was plagued with wars, humans kept fighting one war after another, they kept dividing themselves into groups based on their skin color, and the amount of money they had. The celestials hoped humans would stop but they never did, so the warriors wanted to destroy Earth. They knew that human greed would expand to space, to their homes. Believe it or not they feared humans, especially humans like your father. He was an army general, Bada and him were similar, they thought they could bring peace to the world somehow but the celestials didn’t believe him so to stop Bada, they killed him. Bada promised not to help humans ever again if the celestials spared your life, but she couldn’t trust them so she locked away your memory and left you alone in a different place”

“Is she alive?” he asked, Jennie hesitated “We don’t think so”

Taeyong walked away from Jennie, he needed to be alone right now, he looked over at the hills that protected the valley. He crossed over to the fallen city.

 

WJSN’s planet

Rosé and Jungkook had finally arrived at WJSN’s planet and Rosé was excited to her friends again. When she landed, she was greeted by Cheng Xiao and Eunseo. Jungkook was amazed because they were the first winged celestials he had seen. Rosé introduced them to each other and asked, “Did Bona see us coming?”

“Yeah, she was the one that said you guys would be here, that’s why we’re here to pick you up” answered Cheng Xiao. “How’s everything?” asked Rosé. “We have a new celestial, her name is Yeonjung” answered Eunseo. Rosé walked with Cheng Xiao and Eunseo on each of her sides as they told her about the current happenings.

Kai, Kuma, and Pasta were happy to finally be getting out of the spaceship and ran across the pasture field out of sight of the celestials. Cheng Xiao and Eunseo had never seen a human before and were asking Jungkook, questions left and right, Jungkook obviously answered all of them politely, five questions in and he had already charmed them.

They were outside the cosmic girls’ castle when Rosé was tackled to the ground by a white wolf, the wolf was now slobbering all over her. Rosé laughed, as soon as she got up, a girl with pointed ears shouted, “My turn” and jumped onto Rosé arms. Yeoreum had been like a sister to Rosé, they often visited each other and they were both alike in the aspect that they loved working with animals more than other celestials. “I missed you sooooo much” exclaimed Yeoreum not yet letting go of Rosé, but when she caught sight of Jungkook she let go of Rosé and whispered,“Who is this fine specimen?” Rosé hit her on her arm lightly and muttered, “Don’t embarrass me” Yeoreum giggled, looked like she could have some fun here.

Rosé and Jungkook were separated and taken to their rooms. Night had fallen in the planet and the barrier dome was up around the castle to protect it from the meteor showers at night. Jungkook had settled down, he was getting used to traveling to different planets each day and he looked forward to going to the unicorn realm. Rosé had told him about the initiation ceremony in Amicitia. She had also told him that there was a chance of them getting attacked but the cosmic girls had offered their protection.

Yeoreum knocked on his door and came in, “We have small pools filled with special formula from the unicorns themselves, it rejuvenates you, do you want to try it?” she asked, her eyes were twinkling mischievously. “Sure, I don’t have anything else to do right now” said Jungkook, he was naive in believing her. He was led to a small cave like room in the center of which were small terrace like pools, the liquid in the pool glittered while flowing from one pool to another. He undressed and stepped in to the center pool, the liquid barely came up to his knees. He sat down in the warm gushing liquid and his physical pain was slowly forgotten. The steam rising from the liquid drenched his hair making them fall over his forehead.

Rosé had never heard of this unicorn formula that Yeoreum and Dayoung spoke of, they had given her a white slip dress to wear and told her “to enjoy the experience” with a wink from Dayoung. She made her way to the cave room, the entrance was covered with steam rising from the pools, but as she went deeper into the room the steam got clear she saw Jungkook. He was in one of the pools with his eyes closed, his tan skin glistened due to the steam and his wet hair clung to his face. Rosé could feel her temperature rising and was unsure of what to do. She decided to leave but tripped on a rock and fell down hard. Jungkook hearing the commotion opened his eyes and saw Rosé on the floor, without thinking he got of the pool to help her. She got up rubbing her head and saw Jungkook… in nothing.

Jungkook had gotten out before he had a chance to grab a towel, his clothes had been in the opposite end of the room.  His and Rosé eyes met before Rosé looked everywhere else but at him, he took this chance to wrap a towel around his. With both of their faces burning Jungkook asked, “um are you okay?” “Yeah” Rosé said but Jungkook moved forward to inspect her head, he found a bump where she had hit the floor. “Does it hurt?” he asked feeling the bump but Rosé couldn’t think, she was currently staring at his collarbone to keep herself from looking at his face. Jungkook was entirely focused on Rosé’s bump to even consider their closeness. He shifted back to look at her face and saw that her cheeks were rosy and her hair was wet from the steam. When Rosé looked at him, he was pulled out from his reverie, he came to realize the state he was in and moved back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter