Sparks

The Universe Collided
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Telluride

Jungkook didn’t see Rosé on the streets nor did he see the celestials in black that were surrounding her and he knew that something had gone wrong. He had to land somewhere and find Rosé. Jungkook looked over at Kai, Kuma, and Pasta snickering amongst themselves, would they understand him if he asked for help? most likely not. Using the controls Rosé had taught him, Jungkook landed the ship and in minutes was out and on the streets. He remembered what Rosé had told him about the human trafficking going on in the planet but he had no time to be afraid, he had to find her.

The street was overcrowded with vendors selling unidentifiable stuff in vials. Jungkook’s senses were overwhelmed by the lights, the crowd, and the smell. He got to the place where he had last seen Rosé when he was approached by a hooded figure.

The hooded figure spoke “you seek something I can help find” but it sounded like gibberish to Jungkook.

“I see you don't understand celestial tongue” said the hooded figure seeing Jungkook puzzled.

Jungkook moved back a few steps and ran into another hooded figure that was right behind him. Jungkook realized that these were the figures he had seen surround Rosé and if he wanted to find her he had to go with them. “Why would you help me?” asked Jungkook when the figure once again extended his help. “Well there is a price to pay of course” said the figure. “How about a kidney or his arms?” said another figure in celestial tongue laughing. “how about we see what he’s made of? It’s not every day you get to fight a human” said another while cracking his bones. Jungkook understood none of this but had a feeling he was in danger, he slowly brought out his pulse gun ready for a fight. “Oh, look he’s got a toy” said the hooded figure as he attacked Jungkook. This was a three against one fight and there was no way for Jungkook to win physically. He ran to the main street and got behind a car but the figures followed him. Jungkook shot at one and missed, he shot again this time hitting one. He got out from behind the car and ran through the streets, the two hooded figures were on both sides of the street, he shot at one while the other came up to him and grabbed him. It had turned into a physical fight, Jungkook dropped the gun and punched the figure but the figure was agile. Jungkook couldn’t grasp the figure when he wanted to, it was as if they were made of air. He felt the figure punch him and could feel the pain rippling through his body. The other celestials in the market continued with their lives as though nothing was happening. The figure than diffused into thin air and a very confused Rosé stood behind him with Jungkook’s gun in her hand.

Jungkook ran to Rosé and embraced her, he then looked at her intently and asked, “Are you alright?”

“Yeah” Rosé answered “What happened here? Why are you down here?” she asked perplexed and worried.

“I saw those figures take you somewhere so I came down here to find you” Rosé looked at the black air still diffusing with the polluted air of the market and something Jennie had said came to her mind “you should know how much you can depend on the person you’re traveling with” she had said when Rosé had talked to her about Jungkook. Rosé hadn’t given that another thought but it seemed Jennie being her protective self had sent those figures after Jungkook.

Rosé looked at Jungkook’s face and saw that his cheeks were bruised because of the punches he took. She felt guilty but deep down she felt her heartstrings twist knowing that he was willing to risk his life for her. She gently cupped his face with her hands and healed him, “Thank you” she said to him earnestly and nothing more. They walked back to the ship hand in hand.

 

Earth, celestial headquarters

Jennie smiled as she got Rosé recent message, Jungkook had passed Jennie’s little test. She had been in the celestial headquarters for a few hours now, god, the time on Earth went by fast. In that time, she had freshened up and healed herself. Although night had fallen on Earth she had much to do before falling asleep. Jinyoung and Doyoung had situated her in her cabin that overlooked the river, and left to hear back from the rest of the team.

She had heard from Jisoo about her last test and had reassured her that Jinyoung was still breathing and living well on Earth. She had been surprised to hear how deeply Jisoo’s power had affected her until now. The only others she hadn’t heard back from were Lisa and Ten, she knew they were being careful but she couldn’t help but worry.

Jennie got out onto the balcony of the cabin. She liked the creek and the quiet, for some reason all her visits to Earth consisted of cities and never places like this. The night was quiet and the moonlight shone brightly through the trees. Jennie got out and walked towards the creek, the twigs and dry leaves crackling under her feet. She stood next to the creek for a minute taking in the quietness.

This would be a great training area she thought walking further but someone had already beat her to it. In front of her was a small circle that had been cleared up for training purposes, there she saw someone laid on the ground. He looked deep in sleep,she noticed that his t-shirt clung to his body drenched with sweat as she moved closer. Her breath hitched when she saw his face and a smile crept on her face. He had gotten taller and his bone structure looked more prominent but his face had stayed the same, Jennie remembered how his smile had been so pure and genuine.

She left the circle thinking about the time she had visited Earth and changed into a cat form, and the man laying on the ground had taken her thinking she was his cat. She also remembered his endless love and affection for the cat. She had felt so guilty for escaping from the training field that day that she found NINI, fed her and dropped her off at his house. She was happy to see him again but doubted if he would remember her as well, after all she looked like his cat when they had met.

Taeyong woke up to the sound of leaves rustling, he had felt a familiar presence near him but saw no one around.

The next morning, Jinyoung and Jennie were to have a discussion and lay out a plan for the upcoming days. He called her in to a room where his mother’s celestial treasures were kept, “When did you move these in here?” asked Jennie. “My father brought them to Earth, he said her stuff helped when she passed” answered Jinyoung brightly.

“Who are the humans in the valley?” asked Jennie moving on to a different topic.

“Did you meet any of them yet? We asked them to join us because we heard about them and their city had already fallen, they are good fighters especially Taeyong” said Jinyoung. He left Jennie in the room to go get the others. Jennie was looking through the books when Taeyong entered the room.

Taeyong stepped inside the room where he was told everyone was meeting when he saw her with her back towards him. Her dark hair was neatly tied in a ponytail, she wore black pants with a black top, and her eyes were focused on the pages in front of her. Hearing him step in she looked at him and smiled “So you’re the one I’ve been hearing about” she said.

“And what exactly have you been hearing?” he said back in a teasing tone a light smile on his face, the closer he got to her the more familiar she looked, there was something about her cat like eyes that pulled him towards her. “I’ve heard you’re quite skilled” said Jennie moving towards the ancient jade sword that had been passed down to Jinyoung and Doyoung. “Let’s see if that is true” she said taking the sword and motioning to Taeyong to come get it from her. Taeyong smirked, he watched Jennie move around him the sword in her hand fully sheathed. He stepped forward and tried to grab the sword but she was fast, she had back flipped and stepped on the table. Taeyong swiped at her feet and grabbed the sword but Jennie didn’t let it go, holding the sword with both hands she flipped over behind Taeyong. They could both feel that the other was strong. Taeyong brought the sword down with both hands and could feel her body on his back. Jennie let go of one hand on the sword and pushed Taeyong making him stumble against the table. Taeyong turned around facing her and pushed her shoulder while still holding the sword with one hand. Jennie bumped into a shelf, a blue antique vase fell which she caught with her legs and slowly let go. She moved towards Taeyong who now had the sword but he flipped back, his shirt riding up revealing his sculptured body. They fought gracefully for the sword both relentless so much so that they didn’t notice Jinyoung, Doyoung, Johnny, and Jaehyun standing in the doorway watching them.

“How much of mother’s antiques do you think are goin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter