Our Date

Spell Us

After the Hirais’ and Mina have their Japanese breakfast, Mina goes into Momo’s room to take a shower while Momo lingers in the kitchen, trying to get her father’s attention. “Otou-san, can I have your bike key please ? Pretty please ?” Momo does her puppy eyes. “Okay little peach, only if you don’t crash it into the drain like last time. What’re you going to do with it anyway, Momoring ?” Momo just smiles and winks at her dad, “I’m going for a date.”

 

________

 

Momo has her eyes close as she listens to the seagulls and the sound of waves crashing at the side of the cliff to which sometimes send droplets of water at them. Occasionally, she would hear Mina hums some songs as she reads her novel. Since they are having their date by a cliff overlooking the seaside, the tranquillity of nature calms them. Momo likes it this way and she hopes that Mina enjoys it as much as she does.

 

Mina was always surprised by Momo in various ways making every day, a new day to look forward to. Earlier, when she walked out of the house to meet with Momo, she was surprised at the sight of the Scrabble President. The latter was wearing plain white tees with a green bomber jacket draped on her shoulder. A pair of black jeans completed her attire and Hirai Momo was handsome as she could get. The handsome peach was wearing a smile as she saw Mina with her navy blue blouse and a pair of white jeans walked towards her. “You better change your heels to sneakers.” Momo hinted at Mina before walking to towards the garage.

 

Mina was again speechless as she looked at Momo who was pulling a black bike out from her garage. ‘How can this girl be more cooler ?’ She wondered inside her head. On top of the seat, there were two helmets; a pink and a black one. Just when Mina was about to reach for the pink helmet, Momo grabbed Mina’s wrist gently to stop her and told her to pick the black one. “The pink one is mine.” Momo stuck her tongue at the wide-eyed Mina. “Just when I thought you couldn’t get any cooler.” Myoui Mina rolled her eyes.

 

The harmonious melody produced by the nature slowly drives Momo into a slumber. She fell asleep on Mina’s leg by the way. This causes Mina to chuckle at the cute sight unravel in front of her. Without hesitation, she quickly pulls out a polaroid camera from her sling bag and take pictures of the cute peach in front of her. The constant sound of camera snapping startles Momo and she wakes up to a sight of Mina taking pictures of her. “Hey !” She exclaimed before Mina takes another picture of her.

 

_______

 

“You look good in this one.” Mina laughs while showing the polaroid at Momo to which the latter only pouts. In the polaroid, Momo had her eyes and mouth half opened which turns Momo into a derp meme. Mina clearly enjoys the picture as she is now teasing Momo continuously. “For a handsome girl like you, you sure look derp haha.” Momo suddenly stands up and walks toward the edge of the cliff. The suddenness of Momo’s action makes the latter worried as she stops laughing and eyes the girl with worries. ‘Is she angry ? I should’ve stop sooner.’ She sighs and stands up to follow Momo.

 

The wind blow hard and Momo’s green bomber jacket flaps uncontrollably. Mina admires Momo’s back as she walks to the other girl. “I’m sorry.” She says to the latter who is throwing stones into the ocean. “What for ?” She asks back. Mina hugs her from behind and this leaves Momo speechless. She tries to play it cool and continue to throw some stones. Her façade would have been immediately blown off by the wind if Mina sees her red face.

 

“I’m sorry for making you sad and taking your ugly pictures. I’ll throw it away. Please don’t ignore me.” She continues to speak and Momo turns around to face her. “It’s fine actually, I just wanted to throw stones.” Momo replies and stick her tongue out at Mina. “You’re not mad at me ?” The latter inquires. “Never in million years.” She smiles and suddenly she sees a man with his wife strolling around. Momo quickly grabs the polaroid camera from Mina and asks the couple to take their pictures.

 

“1,” Mina turns her head to the side to look at the marvellous sight which is Hirai Momo. Sometimes she wonders whether the other girl is real or not. Maybe this is all her dream or maybe not. But one thing she is sure of is that Hirai Momo is one of a kind and she's out of this world. Myoui Mina's world at least.

 

“2,” Mina tucks a strand of hair behind her ears and a smile creeps up to her face. She had come to terms that she’s in love with Hirai Momo and she is determine to make Momo hers. May it takes thousand hundred years or thousand years, she would patiently waits until the latter confesses the three magical words at her.

 

“3,” Upon realising Mina’s action, Momo turns to her side and looks back at Mina straight in the eyes as if she is reading Mina's mind. Mina was surprised at the sudden act by Momo and ducks her head to hide the red tint on her cheeks. They are so close. Maybe this is it, maybe this is their time. Maybe forever starts now.

 

“Say cheese.” Momo can’t stand it anymore as she raises Mina’s chin and closes her eyes before leaning in. As she feels a pair of soft lips on her own, she smiles.

 

“Myoui Mina, I love you.” Both of them realise that the bitter and sweet moments in their life have lead to this very sole moment." "I love you too, Hirai Momo."

  

________

 

“This is sure a long date, you’re taking me.” Mina chuckles at Momo who is parking her bike. On their way home, Momo saw a festival near the Han river and decided to visit since it was still early. Various tourist flocks the streets as they try to find something of their interest. The festival is very alive as mongers yell around to attract customer to their stall. Momo holds Mina hands as they walk through the heavy crowd in order not to lose each other. Mina smiles as she looks at her Momo’s hand wrap around her own. ‘This is what love feels like.’

 

They bought snacks and drinks before sitting down on the plain grass overlooking the Han river. Mina leans her head on Momo’s shoulder as they sit side by side. “I still remember you taking me here when we were reunited again. When I saw you back then, I knew that I wanted to see you every day.” Mina speaks as Momo keeps on munching her food. ‘Yeah, zhe ize-cream wazh goozh” (Yeah, the ice-cream was good.) Upon hearing this, Mina snatches the hotdog that Momo is eating and pouts since the other girl is more interested in food than her.

 

Momo gulps whatever she is munching before whining. Her hands are travelling in many directions and her legs are moving up and down. She looks like a little girl who just dropped her ice cream. Mina can only laughs at the cute sight which is Momo and she gives in before muttering to Momo, “Pay attention when I’m speaking.” A ‘Hurray’ escapes from Momo before she devours her hotdog again.

 

________

 

Momo is looking towards the night sky while waiting for the fireworks. Mina is sleeping next to her with her head still on the peach’s shoulder. Momo plays with Mina’s lock and gently tucks it behind Mina’s ear before pouring her heart out.

 

“When you didn’t appear at the playground during our middle school, I was so frustrated. My heart felt like it was squeezed tight. Every day, you appeared in my mind and I decided to find you. Knowing that you love playing Scrabble, heck you even brought Scrabble to the playground haha, I decided to join the Scrabble team so that I could find you again.”

 

Momo pats Mina’s head and continues, “Many years passed until I suddenly forget about you, not until the inter-school though. Instead of me looking for you, you found me first. It must have been weird right seeing me acting like a stranger ? I’m sorry about that. When I heard from Sana about you, I rushed to your school just to see you. My heart beats very fast and I had no idea what to say to you but I really wanted to see you again. I almost gave up but luckily, you called for me first, again.”

 

“When you kissed me on my cheeks that night, I realised one thing. I love you Myoui Mina and I think that I will continue to love you. Every day I longed to meet you and every single time I spent with you was not a waste of time. You light up my world Mina and words can’t even describe how much I love you right now. I’m glad that you feel the same way.”

 

Momo swears that she sees a ghost of a smile on Mina’s face before the girl snuggle deep into Momo’s shoulder, hiding her face. As Momo marvels at the sight of Mina, fireworks can be heard cracking in the night sky. Momo shakes Mina’s shoulders lightly to wake her up. “it’s beautiful isn’t it ?” Momo smiles at the sleepy Mina. The other girl can only nods since she just woke from her sleep. (Is Mina really asleep ? huhu)  Both of them hold hands and look at each other longingly. They lean in and share a kiss passionately under the glowing fireworks in the night sky.

 

“Momo unnie, Mina unnie, is that you guys ?” Chaeyoung shouts behind the lovebirds. They pulled away from each other hastily but Momo still have her arms around Mina’s shoulder. “Oops Chaengie, looks like they are having their moment.” Tzuyu smirks at her unnies along with Chaeyoung. “So like, are you guys a thing now ?” Tzuyu continues to which Mina ducks her head, probably flustered.

 

Momo has her head up and puffs her chest before speaking, “Yes, we are in love.” She speaks proudly to which Mina’s face becomes more red. “Wow Momo unnie, looks like you’re doing great for yourself huh ?” The three girls laugh while Mina has her head down. Realising this, Momo lifts Mina’s head gently to look at her face. The flustered girl whispers in Momo’s ear, “Momoring, why are you so bold ?” her face looks like she almost cries.

 

Momo gives a smile before saying “I want the whole wide world to know that you are mine, Hirai Mina !” Momo smiles sheepishly before giving Mina a quick peck on the lips. This make Chaeyoung and Tzuyu to fangirl non-stop. “Momo unnie is so cool ! Why don’t you ever do that ?” Tzuyu asked her date which cause the smol bean to only scratch her head. “Momo-sensei didn’t teach me these kind of moves yet.”
 

Hearing this, Mina jolts her head up to look at Momo. Her face is no longer red as Del Monte Ketchup but instead, she has a blank expression. “I thought you said you never date anyone before me ? How would you know about ‘these moves’ huh ?” Mina asks the now terrified Hirai Momo. Momo gulps an imaginary saliva down before answering, “Uh … I read from Manga ?”

 

Momo is sweating furiously as she turns her head toward the Son Chaeyoung. “You’re dead smol bean.” “Not if Mina unnie kills you first.” Chaeyong retorts back, both of her hands up in the air. “Then I’ll haunt you forever until you join me in hell.” Momo glares at the now laughing Chaeyoung.

 


A/N : I tried my best on writing this chapter but I still feel like it lacks something TT. Anyway, sorry for the late update since I've been getting busier (College is starting very soon :O) Until next time ~