Make A Wish

Spell Us

“Ms. Myoui, you can sit at the vacant seat next to Ms. Hirai” All eyes are on the new girl as she walks toward her new seat. They were stunned by Mina’s beauty and the aura that she emits. “Ehem, now shall we resume ?” The history teacher taps on the whiteboard to grab his students’ attention.

 

“Hey” Mina lightly taps on Momo’s shoulder as the latter has hanging, looking at the precious sight which is Myoui Mina. She is still shocked by the incident that just happened. “You should close your mouth before a fly got in there.” Mina lifts Momo’s lower jaw to close it before focusing to whatever the teacher is saying. Hirai Momo is speechless. Her brain can’t comprehend what is happening. Her crush just transferred to her school and currently is sitting next to her. “Am I still dreaming ? If I am, where’s the jokbal ?”

 

“Ms. Hirai, would you kindly focus on me rather than gawking at Ms. Myoui over there ?” Momo snaps out of her trance and apologises before focusing at her teacher again. Mina only chuckles at the sight of the dreamy peach.

 

After school ends, Momo takes Mina for a tour around the school since the girl is a bit loss here. The facilities in St. Mary is not bad but Momo feels awkward showing all the old facilities to an ex-St. Peter’s student. “So here’s the changing room. As you can see, the locker is kinda rusty and you need to be careful with it. I’m sure you wouldn’t have that problem in St. Peter.” Momo’s voice slowly trails off before muttering a shy ‘sorry’. Sensing the gloomy in the air surrounding them, Mina speaks out, “It’s true that St. Peter’s facility is better but, this school have something that St. Peter don’t have.”

 

“What is it ?” Momo asks to which the latter leans her head on Momo’s shoulder. She loves it when she’s close with Momo as she can smell the aroma of vanilla; Momo’s favourite perfume. “It’s you.” The word rolls out of Mina’s mouth smoothly which make the peach blushes like crazy. A blushing peach is a red peach indeed.

 

As they tour around the school, they can’t help but to garner attention from the students there. Some of them poke their head out just to look at the beautiful new girl. Some of them also whistles as they see Mina pass by to get her attention. This makes Momo feels insecure so she quickly drags Mina with her to the clubroom. On the way there, Momo can’t help but to ask Mina on her intention of transferring school. This put a frown on Mina’s face. “I-I didn’t mean to be rude. I’m just curious. That’s all.”

 

“My friends can’t stop bothering me asking for your number or asking to hook you up with them.” Mina flatly replies. “Just give it to them. It’s not like they’re psychopath you know ?” Momo replies. Mina cannot stand other people gawking on Momo. She can’t stand other people imagining having a date with Momo and she doesn’t want to see Momo smiling when it is not her who cause that smile. She cannot stand it anymore being a distance away with Hirai Momo. She wants to say it but all she can blurts out is, “They are a nuisance to me as they keep on disturbing me with my study.” Momo is still unsure with the girl’s reply and she is sensing that Mina is hiding something but decide not to wonder too deep. “Anyway, we’re here. Prepare to be amazed.” Momo says with a grin on her face.

 

“Lo and behold ! This is St. Mary’s Scrabble Club !” the door opens and Mina, with her hope soaring high up in the air, was greeted by only 3 people. “Uhh, wow, yeay … I guess ?” A disappointed Mina mutters, still couldn’t believe that the club is slightly similar like the Gobi Dessert; desserted

 

“The tall blonde is Yoo Jeongyeon. She’s the Vice President and you can call her Ms. Ostrich.” This introduction receives a ‘hey’ from Jeongyeon who looked a little bit hurt. “The small girl is Chaeyoung. You’ve met her before. She’s the secretary and the one who looks exactly like me is, my awesome-est, wonderful-est sister in the world; Hana !” Momo smiles and show her white teeth to Mina. Upon hearing the word ‘sister’, Mina immediately bow 90 degrees towards Hana which make Hana chuckles. “I like this girl. You don’t have to be so formal though. This club is like a family already.” This earn a smile from Mina as she straightens her back.

 

“So, who’s the president then ?” Mina asks. Momo, looking hurt a bit points her finger towards herself. “Is she sick ?” Mina continues. The president who can’t stand it anymore mutters, “It’s me, Mina.” Mina look shocked as she learns that Momo is the president. “Can’t believe you’re the president. Doesn’t look like on though.” Mina looks at Momo again. “Yep, still doesn’t look like one.” “Ya ~” Momo cutely whines at the penguin-like girl.

 

After their short introduction, Mina have a seat with the other members and have small talks to get to know each other better. “So, you’re the one who kicked Momo in Scrabble when she still wore a diaper ?! Awesome !” Just when Jeongyeon finishes, the door slams open and a high pitch voice can be heard, “We’re here !” A squirrel like girl enters with Dahyun clinging on her arm followed by Jihyo and Nayeon. Seeing the new girl, Sana shrieks ‘Mina !’ and runs toward her. She immediately clings to Mina and sits on her lap.

 

“It’s been a long time Mina-chan. Do you know Momo still rides her bike and she almost hit the teacher’s car this morning. Something never changes right ?” Sana’s laugh fills the entire room. “I know, Momo give me a ride every day, to school and back home.” Mina explains to Sana. Hearing this, Sana looks at Momo, eyes filled with mischief and a smile plasters on her face. “Why you little snake. Goin’ on and around picking Mina and dropin’ her off every day. You sure the gentle lady. You’ve got feelings for this girl ? Hmmmm ?” Upon hearing this, Mina and Momo look away and blushes. “Gotcha” Sana smirks.

 

“Hey, I’m just doing my best friend a favour and, get off from Mina. Go cling to your Dahyun. She’s getting grumpy by the minute.” Momo tells Sana. “My, my, my, looks like somebody is jealous. Hey, I’m your best friend too you know ?” Sana continues. “I’m your best friend too Mo and you never give me ride.” Jeongyeon cuts in. Mina looks at Momo and she has her face painted with red.

 

“Stop with the questions guys. Mina let’s go home. It’s getting late anyway.” Momo pulls Mina away which earns her an ‘ooooh’ and an ‘aaahh’ from her group of friends. “See you soon !” As they walk to Momo’s bicycle, Mina decides to pull a sleepover at Momo’s. The reason is her parents have business trip and they would be away from Korea for about a week. Momo doesn’t take long to agree to take her in.

 

________

 

“So, holiday is coming. What are you planning ?” Mina asks Momo as she lay on Momo’s bed next to the owner. They’re both staring at the ceiling fan as they have just finished unpack Mina’s stuff. For a week stay, she really bring a lot. Momo was quite shocked when Mina appeared at her front door with a red luggage earlier. She have to explain and persuade Momo to clear up some space just to put her extra clothing for the sake of future sleepovers. When Mina opened up Momo’s wardrobe, piles of clothes fell upon her and she can’t help but to drown in the mountain of cloth.

 

“I see why you can’t clear up some space for me.” A muffled voice can be hear coming from under the pile of clothes.

 

________

 

The Hirai’s are quite happy and fond of Mina since the two family are Japanese along with their Minatozakis neighbour. “It’s been so long since we last met each other, you’ve grown so much. I still remember the last time we met, Momo can’t stop telling me that you’re very pretty.” With the remark, Mina can’t help but blush. She then laughs along with the family as Momo’s cheek is getting redder and redder. “Mom, stop embarrassing me !” Momo cutely whines which make Hana pats her head.

 

After finishing their dinner, Momo and Mina together go upstairs to their shared room. Momo can’t help but to feel nervous as this is her first sleepover. What’s more, she is having it with her crush ! Many questions pop in her mind; ‘what to do when you have sleepover ?’, ‘where will she sleep ?’. All of these questions start to burden his mind. Just when she about to google ‘what to do during sleepover’, Mina taps her shoulder and says, “Hey, I heard in the news that tonight, there is a meteor shower.” An idea pops in Momo’s head.

 

Momo quickly pulls Mina with her towards her window. She opens the window and climbs out but not forgetting to reach for Mina. “Come, follow me.” Momo says with a smile. Their hands intertwine as they climb up the rooftop and to Mina’s surprise, there is a homemade tent on the roof. “Father build this when I was little so I could play with Hana. I usually came here when I felt down or to get a peace of mind.” Momo breaks Mina’s trance. Together they take their spot as they wait for the grand show.

 

“Look, a shooting star !” At first, there is only one. Suddenly, many shooting stars appear in the sky. They illuminate the night sky like fireworks and it is beautiful. “Make a wish Momo !” Mina squeaks and close her eyes. Instead of closing her eyes, Momo turns her head towards Mina to face her. They are sitting side by side and Momo couldn’t help but to stare at the beautiful sight beside her. Sure the meteor shower is beautiful, but Mina’s presence beside her somehow complete the view.

 

She observes it all. Her sharp jawline. The moles on her face that makes Momo want to touch it, one by one and the smooth porcelain white skin of Mina make Hirai Momo, falls in love again and again. She just stares at Mina the entire time Mina is making a wish. When Mina opens her eyes, she was greeted by Momo’s staring eyes. “You’re so beautiful, Myoui Mina.” The said girl blushes upon the sudden confession. “I think you’re pretty too, Momo.” This brings Momo back to reality.

 

“Umm Mina, I know that this is so random but, w-would you l-like to g-go out o-on a d-d-d-date with m-me ?” Momo stutters as she asks her crush out. Mina cannot believe what she hears from Momo and starts to zone out. After Momo starts to look frightened, she hastily nods. “Yes Momoring. I would like to go on a date with you.” She shows her gummy smile to the very happy Momo.

 

‘Looks like my wish already come true.’ Mina smiles as she face upwards to the sky looking at the magnificent sight in front of her.

 


A/N : Getting a lot busier these days as preparing to study oversea. Yeay. Kinda scared actually haha. Hope you like the new chapter. This story is about to end and maybe I'll put a 2yeon and Saida special chapter as an ending, or maybe before the ending. i don't know. I'll just go wherever the wind take me. Until next time. 

(I suggest listening to Kimi No Shiranai Monogatari by supercell)