A Memoir : Blue Moon (ChaeYu bonus)

Spell Us

Requested by chaeyu11, here's a ChaeYu bonus chapter. Hope you enjoy.


 

They were both laying down, gazing at the endless night sky. “Look at the stars Tzuyu, wish that I could hold it in my palm.” A petite girl stretched her hand toward the air and grasped the air. The same girl then leave a sigh and turned to face her partner. “But why hold on to something too far-fetched when there is one beside you ?” She cupped her partner’s face and leaned closer. The contact of their lips sparked something beautiful inside them making the stars illuminating the night sky jealous.

 

­­­_______

 

It was spring. The sun shone brightly as to greet the city of Seoul. Flowers with variety of colours painted the street making it look like it came out straight from a little girl’s dream. The sky was blue and the weather was perfect.

 

Chou Tzuyu, a Taiwanese-born student was walking toward school using the long route. It would be such a waste to not enjoy this beautiful day. If not for her strict upbringing, she would have skipped school already and enjoy the day going to arcade or watching movies at the cinema but, here she was, going to school. ‘Maybe Chaeyoung can help compensate for this beautiful day.’ That’s what she thought.

 

Unfortunately, Son Chaeyoung was not at school either. Tzuyu can’t help but to feel a bit disappointed since her favourite person was not coming and she didn’t even bother to tell Tzuyu about her sudden disappearance. ‘Maybe she is sick. Or maybe she was hit by a car this morning. That explains why she didn’t contact me. Aishh ! C’mon Chou Tzuyu, stop overthinking. Maybe she just overslept.’ Tzuyu spoke to herself to calm her curious heart. ‘She’ll call me later, maybe.’

 

School ended and there was not a single call nor message from Chaeyoung. Tzuyu started to become worried and so she went to the Scrabble Clubroom. “Hello, have you guys seen Chaeyoung ?” She timidly asked. “Chaeng ? Nope. She’s not in the clubroom. Maybe she’s at home ?” Momo answered the more worried Tzuyu. “Oh okay Momo-unnie, see you later.” She waved at her and walked out of the classroom, head still hang low. Just then, she saw Jeongyeon and hurriedly ran to her.

 

“Unnie !” She called which make Jeongyeon turned to face her. “What is it Chewy-ah ?” “Have you seen Chaeng. She’s not in school for the whole day and even Momo-unnie haven’t seen her.” Tzuyu worriedly asked the chic girl. “Chaeng ? Oh, she was doing something when I texted her this morning. She said not to worry though and she just hung up after that. Don’t worry Tzuyu-ah, that smol bean can take care of herself.” Jeongyeon consoled the sad looking Tzuyu and pat her head. “Thanks unnie.” And with that, Tzuyu walked home, alone.

 

________

 

Tzuyu was reading her favourite novel to shake the tought of Chaeyoung out of her mind. She reminded herself mentally to ignore the girl for a week as a punishment towards her action earlier. She closed her novel and let out a tiny huff, she still felt uneasy. Just when she was about to switch off her table lamp and went to sleep, there was a tap on the window. At first, Tzuyu ignore it but when it became too frequent, she can’t help but to feel annoyed. She walked towards her bedroom window to shout at whoever was throwing stones at her window but when she opened it, a grinning Chaeng greeted her.

 

“Hey, my cute girlfriend. I heard from Jeong you missed me. Even Momo-unnie called me saying that you was looking for me.” Chaeng was holding on towards a tree to reach for Tzuyu’s window. She was wearing an oversized grey sweater with tight ripped black jeans. A polaroid camera was hanging by her neck and her round glasses almost fell from her nose.

 

“Stop flattering yourself. I only asked them to check whether you’ve been hit by a car or not.” Tzuyu defended herself and looked away from Chaeyoung curious eyes. She was blushing because Chaeyoung looked so ‘handsome’ with the attire she was wearing. “Yeah sure whatever.” Chaeyoung cut off Tzuyu and entered her room. “Hey ! What do you think you’re doing ?” Tzuyu whisper-yelled at the smol bean to not make a ruckus since her mother was sleeping downstairs. 

 

“I’m .. asking you .. out for a .. date” she spoke as she remove the dirt from her clothes before showing a smile towards the speechless Tzuyu. “You do know that tomorrow is Friday right ?” Tzuyu pointed out that it was still weekdays. “Damn, you’re right ! But I’m not stupid enough to forgot that tomorrow is the start of our holiday. You have to chill out sweetie.” Chaeyoung grins at the flustered girl. “Yah ! I know that tomorrow is holiday. I’m just testing you.”

 

 “Let me ask my mother.” Tzuyu walked to her door but Chaeyoung managed to hold a grip of Tzuyu’s hand. “Aww, come on. We’re supposed to be young and stupid you know. Let’s go.” Tzuyu was just about to open when she heard a cough behind the door. Son Chaeyoung have never been so afraid in her own lifetime and she was convinced that she would never be this afraid in her next lifetime. “Where do you think you’re taking my daughter, Chaeyoung-ssi ?”

 

________

 

“You should’ve seen your face Chaeyoung-ssi. It was so funny.” Tzuyu kept on teasing her and laughed at her. They were queuing at the cinema to buy movie ticket. “I didn’t expect your mother to be that kind of woman though.” Chaeyoung mumbled under her breathe.

 

Earlier,

 

“Where do you think on taking my daughter away, Chaeyoung-ssi ?” Mrs. Chou asked behind the closed door. Tzuyu quickly opened her door and there was her mother. “Uhh .. uhh .. hi, my name is Son Chaeyoung and I am Tzuyu’s girlfriend.” Chaeng introduced herself and bowed 90 degrees in front of Mrs. Chou. “Since our school would be close tomorrow I would like to bring your daughter for a da- nightout ! Yes, a nightout. That is if you don’t mind.” Chaeyong looked at everything except for Mrs. Chou.

 

“Well, why don’t you used the front door then ?” With this statement, Chaeyoung can’t help herself to be surprised twice in one night. She had been praying to every deity out there to let her stay alive and she was very thankful. “It’s nice to finally meet Tzuyu’s girlfriend in person. She always talked about you but never invited you here. My Tzuyu have grown so much. Tsk tsk. Enjoy your night sweetheart.” Mrs. Chou then walked toward Chaeng and whispered; “If you try to do anything with my little girl, your family won’t hear anything from you ever again. Have fun ladies.” Mrs. Chou walked out the room and Chaeyoung gulped a non-existent saliva down . ‘Scary’

 

“I see now where you got your savage tongue from.” Chaeyoung mutters under her breath which make Tzuyu rolled her eyes. “Hey, you love this savage though.” “No I don’t, I hate you for destroying my cool looks.” Chaeyoung have her arms crossed over her chest. “Awww, I love you too.” Tzuyu replied which earned her a ‘I know’ from Chaeyoung.

 

“But that doesn’t mean you can wear … this ... for a date !” Chaeyoung pointed toward Tzuyu. Instead of looking good like Chaeyoung, Tzuyu decided to wear something more comfortable. She was wearing her comfy pyjamas to the movies and this bugged Chaeyoung. “Hey, I even bring this.” Tzuyu pulled out her Pikachu hat from her bag pack and put it on. She tapped Chaeyoung’s shoulder and did her puppy eyes. Chaeyoung clutched her chest and said, “You look so cute. I don’t care whatever you wear, I’ll still love you regardless. Please marry me.” Chaeng desperately spoke to Tzuyu which earned her a slap at her shoulder since she was red at the sudden request.

 

‘Maybe later, after we graduate from college.’ Tzuyu mumbled beneath her breathe. “What did you say ?” Chaeng asked Tzuyu to which she earned a quick ‘nothing’. Little did Miss Tzuyu knew that Chaeyoung heard everything. ‘I’m looking forward to that.’

________

 

“For your information, the manga was way better than the movie.” Chaeyoung told Tzuyu as they went out of the cinema. “The ending doesn’t feel complete you know. Luckily the soundtrack is awesome and add more feel to it.” Chaeyoung and Tzuyu decided to have a quick review on the newly released movie; Koe no Katachi. “Momo unnie must be disappointed with it.” She sighed.

 

“Hey, let’s go for a midnight smoothie. I know a place.” Chaeyoung dragged Tzuyu with her and they walked toward a 24 hour smoothie café. “I’ll have the strawberry special please, and give this girl a mango one.” The small cub placed her order and paid for it. “For a cool girl like you, you sure have interesting things that you like.” Tzuyu smirked at her. “And what is that ?” “Well I don’t know, does a cool and badass guys or girls play Scrabble ? Or drink strawberry smoothie ? To top it off, a special one ?” Tzuyu quirked her eyebrow at the baby cub. “Okay okay, you have your point. Well, that just shows that I’m special. You’re lucky to have a rare someone like me to be your girlfriend.” Chaeyoung teased Tzuyu. Just when Tzuyu about to say something, the smoothies arrived and they stopped bickering and enjoy themselves the smoothies.

 

After enjoying their late night snack, Chaeyoung had an idea. “You wanna see something awesome ?” Tzuyu nodded and asked her about the details of what they’re going to do but Chaeng decided to keep it a secret. “Just trust me, okay ?”

 

________

 

“What the hell are we doing Son Chaeyoung ?!” Tzuyu whisper-yelled at her girlfriend since they were now climbing over a fence. “Shhhh ! Keep your voice down. We don’t want to get caught. We’re almost there.” “Oh my god, you’re one crazy girl Chaeng ! There’s better be something worth it.” Tzuyu half shouted half whispered. “But you love this crazy girl. Sure, you won’t get disappointed.”

 

After walking and climbing some more, Chaeyoung finally stopped walking and now, they were standing in the middle of a field. Tzuyu noticed that there was a mat on the ground and on top of it, there was a basket, filled with various kinds of bread and 4 bottles of ramune. Momo gave her the ramune since she have extra and Chaeyoung pleaded for it with puppy eyes. “Since we are still underage, we will just have ramune.” Chaeng told Tzuyu who was still in shocked of the setting.

 

“Hello ? Earth to Tzuyu, Earth to Tzuyu. Do you copy ?” “Huh” Tzuyu was brought back to reality as Chaeng poked her squishy cheek. “Surprise babe.” Chaeyoung kissed Tzuyu on her cheek.

 

________

 

“So you’re telling me that you skipped school just to prepare all of this ?” Tzuyu asked the smol bean who was lying down, facing toward the sky. “Nah, I skipped school because I overslept actually haha. I prepared all of this after I woke up from the heavenly sleep.” Chaeng answered her girlfriend. This make Tzuyu hit Chaeng several times for not contacting her. Because of the pain, Chaeng grabbed Tzuyu by the shoulder and pulled her down to lay down next to her. As they lay down on the mat, they face each other.

 

“Actually, there is another surprise. You just have to wait for a while.” “How long ? It’s almost 2 in the morning now.” Tzuyu asked, getting curious. “Speak of the devil, here it is. Look up Chou Tzuyu. There’s your surprise.” Tzuyu turned her head up and looked to the sky. She couldn’t believe her eyes when she saw a blue moon. She always dreamt of seeing one but always missed it since her house was not in position to look at it. 

 

‘Click’ She heard a camera snapped while she was still marvelling at the magnificent sight in front of her. She turned around and saw Chaeyoung was waving the picture she just took to produce the image. “What is it ? The moon ?” the curious Tzuyu asked. Chaeng smiled and showed the picture to her. “It’s you Tzuyu-ah.” 

 

________

 

They were both laying down gazing at the night sky “Look at the stars Tzuyu, wish that I could hold it in my palm.” A petite girl stretched her hand toward the air and grasped the air. The same girl then leave a sigh and turned to face her partner. “But why hold on to something too far-fetched when there is one beside you ?” She cupped her partner’s face and leaned closer. The contact of their lips sparked something beautiful inside them making the stars illuminating the night sky jealous.  

 

Chaeyoung pulled away from the kiss and looked at Tzuyu straight into the eyes. “Meeting you and falling for you was never a mistake. I wish that we can be like this forever.” Tears started to welled up in Tzuyu’s eyes as Chaeyoung confessed to her again and again. “Chaengie-ah, I will always love you.” And soon after, they kissed again. This time, with extra love and extra warmth. They fit each other perfectly.

 

“Hey, let’s go to my house. It’s too late now.” Chaeng said to Tzuyu. “It’s too late now to go to anyone's house either.” Tzuyu tried to decline the offer. “Actually, this is all my father’s property. Let’s go, my house is just around the corner. My family is expecting company so it'll be fine.” Chaeng said to which shocked the tall girl. “You meant to tell me that we can just walk in instead of climbing over the fences ?!” Tzuyu eyes started to get wide. “Uhh .. yeah. But where is the fun in that ?” Chaeng started to get nervous. When Tzuyu started to walk toward her, she quickly ran away. “I’m sorry Tzuyu-ah ! Please don’t kill me ! At least I want to hear my omma and appa's voice before I die.” Her voice filled the silent night.