A Memoir : When Baby Cub Meets Yoda

Spell Us

It was raining very hard and the atmosphere started to become gloomy. It was like the sky understand whatever I’m feeling right now. Why ? Why must you leave me all alone ? After I gave you all my heart, you decided to trample on it and left me alone. “Somi-ya, why do you do that ?” I muttered as drowsiness pulled me into dreamland.

 

“Miss Son, Miss Son ! Would you like to get up now before I drag you outside of the class now ?” I woke up when I heard my homeroom teacher, Mrs Im shouted. I yawned and stretched my body, ignoring the gaze on me. “Come and see me after school.”

 

“Okay today, we’ve got a new transfer student. She is a foreigner and her Hangul is bit off. Please take good care of her. You can come in.” Mrs Im looked at the door signalling whoever the hell out there to come in. She walked in like a model doing a catwalk. All of the eyes in my class looked at her; including mine. Everybody was studying her perfect features. She faced the class and bowed before introducing herself. “Hello. M-my name is Chou Tzuyu. P-please t-take good c-care of m-me.”

 

Finishing her introduction with a bow, Mrs. Im pointed towards me and told her to sit next to me. “You can sit next to the sleepyhead Miss Son there.” She walked towards me and I can’t help to stare at her. “H-hi.” The latter greeted me. I can only nod my head and proceeded to look out the window. The weather was nice that day.

 


 

“And with that 30 point lead, Yoo Jeongyeon takes the lead !” the ostrich shouted which made Momo and Hana to only shook their head. We were having our usual club activity which were me, Hana and Ms. Ostrich over here playing scrabble while Momo reading some food magazines. I swear to god that girl always have food in that big head of hers.

 

“I heard that the new girl is in your class. Very pretty. Gotta rate her 10 out of 10 with that leg though. Would you like to date her ? ‘cause I’m making my move if you don't.” Jeongyeon, my cousin started spewing nonsense. “You know what happened when Son Chaeyoung and love meets ? It never work out. Besides, love is just a lie.” Jeongyeon frowned hearing that, clearly worried about me.

 

“Look at Momo unnie. She’s single since the Big Bang.” I strengthened my argument and Momo unnie decided to back me up. “Just call me Momo, Chae. It sounds weird when you call me unnie. I cringe every time. True love is bullshiiiiiit ~” Momo unn- Momo wailed and twirled, imitating those ballet moves before getting smacked on her head by Hana for making a ruckus and I giggled at the view. Those sisters never failed to make me laugh.

 

“Look, I really gotta go. Mrs Im have been waiting for me long enough.” I excuse myself trying to avoid the topic. Heartbreak .

 

Mrs Im also was not helping the situation as she started to dig up my past. “What happened to you Chaeyoung ? You were bright and cheerful. You can always talked with me about your problems.” She tried to soften my heart. I just smiled and said that it was nothing before I left the staff room. Just when I’m about to make my exit, Mrs Im sighed “Please change back.”

 


 

After a few weeks, the new girl started to become more comfortable and started to adapt towards her new surroundings. She also had become too comfortable with me even though I ignored her most of the times. To be blunt, I felt a little bit guilty by my cold actions but the latter never complained so I just went along with it but then, Mrs Im words started ringing in my ears. “Please change back.” Whatever façade I’m wearing right now, I realised that I gotta stopped it. I also actually started to feel like and been treated like one.

 

“H-hey Tzuyu-ssi.” I greeted her when she sat down next to me. I put on my best smile and hoped that she got the idea but what I received was just her, looking at me like I’m a psychopath or something. “What’s up with the face ?” I asked her clearly annoyed by her reaction. “Nothing, just feeling weird when a stone decides to greet me.” She said. We stared at each other for a few seconds before burst out laughing. I like this girl.

 

Tzuyu and I became closer and closer after our first interaction and we became the best of friends. We were like jigsaw puzzle fit for each other; her height covered my short height. My cheerful bubbly persona covered her cold, calm and composed persona. We covered each other’s flaw and we were perfect for each other. I chuckled at the thought but not without being noticed by the tan yoda. “Having dirty thoughts on me ?” She teased. Playing on dangerous territory I back “Yes” The reaction was priceless as she quickly looked away and muttered “whatever”. “You know I never lie, right ?” I smirked.

 

I was sitting under the shade of the school pavilion to watch Tzuyu practise for her upcoming archery tournament. Actually this was my first time seeing her doing archery and I was reminded of Katniss Everdeen. Heol, maybe Tzuyu could win the games. But she was actually capable in doing that though. The thought send shiver down my spine. I shrugged that thought away and focused on Tzuyu. She had her hair tied in ponytail to reveal her long slender neck. Umm, what it’s like to kiss that neck I wonder. She was wearing thigh and it wrap her slender leg beautifully. When she pulled the string of the bow, I can’t help but notice her beautiful body and ohmygosh I could kiss those plump lips. ! What am I thinking ?! This is bad. I get up to walked away but managed to trip and sending me crashing onto the bench.  

 

“Chaengie, a-are you okay ?” Tzuyu said as she leaned in closer to help me up. Her face was too close with mine and I can feel the heat rising to my cheek. “You took quite a fall and umhh-“ I cut her off with my lips. I don’t even knew what I was doing but it sure felt good.

 

Realising my action, I pulled back and apologised before things started to get out of control. My cheeks were red and my heart beats like it was going to jump out of my chest. Tzuyu was stunned and before I could speak anything, she beat me to it. “I-I really like you Chaeng.” She confessed. This felt familiar. Sweats formed on my forehead and my knees became weak. “Y-you don’t love me. Nobody does.” And with that, I ran away to wherever my feet took me.

 

“Chaeng-ah, wait. Please !” I heard Tzuyu shouted.

 


 

“Hey, watch where you goin’!” “Kids, stay away form her.” “Go home and sleep you drunk-”. I swayed when walking through the crowds. That night, there was a firework show near Han River and people crowded there. I walked and walked without looking where I’m going and finally end up here. My head was a whirlpool of mess and my lungs were like the pit of hell. It burns. I just looked at the firework pouring colours into the night sky. Seoul can’t be more illuminated enough and it was pretty. Very pretty. So pretty just like that girl.

 

“Tzuyu-ah, I’m sorry.” I gritted my teeth as hot tears trailed down my cheeks.

 

“Baby cub, here’s some tissue.” I saw a figure, no, two figures as they sat next to me, sandwiching me. Hana unnie and Momo were beside me and seeing their figure, I can’t help but let the tears rolled. "Hey, didn't expect you guys to watch the firework." I said, trying to pull an okay face. "Momo and I want to look at fireworks. We always watch fireworks together back home." Hana said. "What's wrong ?" “Why am I like this Hana unnie ?” I said and she just hugged me while whispering “It’s okay. You can cry all you want. I'm here, we're here." Momo decided to join us when she saw me crying.

 

“Wanna talk about it ?” Momo asked me, smiling. Hana decided to give me some space and went to buy some food for us and Momo was holding me, gently in her arms. She was like a sister that I never have. “Can I call you unnie ?” I asked. “Yes you can, as long as we’re alone. Don’t want to ruin my cool image though.” She stupidly grinned at me which earned her a light smack at her arm. “So, what happened my little sister, Chaengie ?”  I told her everything from the start until the incident with Tzuyu. 

 

 “Maybe it is love, Momo unnie, or maybe it is admiration. But whatever the hell it is, it sure bring butterflies in my stomach. But I’m too afraid that history will repeat itself.” I said to Momo unnie. “kyau wa iki, kinau nakata wa kakufuku shinasai.” She said. “What the hell unnie ?” I laughed as she suddenly switched to her mother tounge. “Live today, get over yesterday. Somi is your yesterday and she will always be your yesterday. But for now, Tzuyu is your today. Live for her Chaengie. Maybe she can show you why all your past relationship never worked out.” Momo unnie smiled at me. “For a tandoku (single) like you like for almost forever, you sure are wise in relationships.” I . “I read many fanfics.” We laughed as the fireworks light up our surroundings.

 

“What did I miss ?” Hana smiled at us and brought us some takoyakis’. “Many things.” I smiled.

 


 

“Coming to school Changie ?” “I will Momo unnie. Maybe tomorrow.” “Okay, love you. Mmmuah” "Ewww, gross" I tossed my phone on my bed before crashing onto it. After the incident at the pavilion, I decided to skip school for a whole week to ease my mind. My room is now filled with paintings but, there was a big painting which stood out from the rest. It was Tzuyu’s portrait. I have come to embrace my own problems and I would like to move on. And I wished that she would be there to keep me company.

 

Me and Tzuyu did not talk all day during classes. It was kinda weird not talking to her and I have to admit that I missed hearing her voice. Damn Chou Tzuyu ! What have you make me into ? Before finishing our class, I passed her a note to ask her to meet me at the roof for I have something to tell her.

 


 

I was leaning at the fence, head facing up towards the sky and I close my eyes to feel the wind caressing my face. Just then, I heard footsteps getting closer to me. I smiled thinking that it was Tzuyu but I was very wrong. It was my ex’s footsteps and she was walking towards me. Cold sweat begins to formed on my forehead. My palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy, it’s falling out of my pocket already, there's vomit on my sweater already, mom's spaghetti. 

 

She hugged me and my body became stiffed. “I miss you.” She played with my hair and I could only whimper pathetically. . “Hey are you okay ?” “How do you know I’m here ?” “Well I followed you here. Babe, I’m really sorry for what I’ve done. I hope that we could be together again.” She said seductively. She started to lean in as my mind started to blank. Hell no, this ain’t some ty fanfic. I pulled myself and with all my might and my clean palm, I pusher her pecked lips away. “Eww, that’s gross.” I said as I wipe my hands at the railing. “Hirai Momo, my great sensei said that I should not dwell with the past. You’re on of it.” I used my best cartoon voice and bow, japanese style in hope to chase her away.

 

“But Chaeng, please. You and I were meant to be together.” She pleaded. Just as I decided to humiliate myself and make weird faces to ward her away, somebody decided to hug me from the back. “Who the hell is messing with –“ I did not finished my sentence as I saw that the one hugging me was Tzuyu and she was glaring at Somi like she was saying, ‘this baby cub is mine.’ Hey, I call myself baby cub sometimes, it's cute. “Oh, you have somebody else now. I-i’m sorry to disturb you C-Chaeng ssi. And uh .. n-nice to finally meet you T-Tzuyu.” And with that, my dignity was saved and Somi walked away, clearly crying. But sorry, I couldn’t care less.

 

“I-I’m sorry, but you looked like in trouble so I just do what I can to save you from humiliating your sorry .” She grinned at me, but rather awkwardly. “H-hey, thanks. Eventhough you still manage to tease me.” I said back as I looked everywhere except for her eyes. , the bird’s poo really looked interesting huh ?

 

I mentally pat myself to cheer me up before taking a deep breathe. “I-I actually l-like you too,” I confessed, bright red paint my cheeks. Tzuyu just looked at me blankly with her eyes wide. Wait ? Does she understands ? “W-well, when 2 people spend so much time together, they started to develop feelings for each other whether it is care or affection, or sometimes both. In some cases, t-this feelings started to develop into –“ Tzuyu suddenly hugged me again. “love” I complete my sentence and smiled.

 

“You’re noisy.” She said. Wait, what ! “I-I t-though y-you like m-me and decided t-to h-hug me ?” I started to squeal as I can feel my cheeks burning from the embarrassment. “W-well, I’m just saying that –“ I continued but was cut by Tzuyu, again. “I’m just joking. Or am I ?” She smirked at me. “Wait, STOP PLAYING WITH MY BRAIN, WOMAN !” I’m getting worked up. “Girls are hard to understand sometimes.” “But you’re one.” “Fine” I sighed and rolled my eyes.

 

“You’re cute.” “H-heol, woman, do you like me back, or not ?” I glared at her and tap my feet, starting to become impatient. “Yes, yes I do !” she said before pulling me into a very tight hug. “So, Chou Tzuyu, the heavenly beautiful wide eyed yoda that can shoot lasers with her eyes, would you be my girlfriend ?” “I never thought you asked.” And with that, began a new chapter in our ordinary life.

 

The End

 

 

“Yarghh !” Dahyun yawned and sat up straight from the bench and looked at the couple who have their back facing her. “Heol, wait what are they doing hugging and snuggling each other ?” The white dubu sneakily walked towards them and before she could greet them, both of them started to kiss. “Ehhhh !” Getting a grip on what was going on, Dahyun exclaimed which make the new couple jumped in shocked. “What is happening to The School Meal Club ?!” Dahyun shouted out loud.

 

“Stoopid Dahyoonie” Chaeyoung sighed.

 


A/N : I'm sorry if this chapter is too fast but my brain is not working clearly when i wrote those. Thank you for all of the subscribe. ^^